LJWorld.com weblogs Breakfast

Where is a good Breakfast place?

I'm hungry for some good eatin'

Comments

Linda Aikins 10 years ago

I hear the Linwood Cafe is now closed. But you are right about the smoke. It was awful!We will try Kelly's now! Thanks for the recommendation!

Jerry Elliott 10 years ago

milton's ; wheatfields; the egg place onsouth iowa (first place??)--are all good

Eric Neuteboom 10 years ago

Salthawk must be thinking "First Watch," aka "The Egg and I."I'd tell you my favorite places, but then, you know, they'd get crowded, and they wouldn't be my favorites anymore...

hawklet21 10 years ago

Don't EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER try the vegetarian biscuits and gravy at Milton's. They are so disgusting. My biscuits and gravy are another story...

blindrabbit 10 years ago

Let's face it, Lawrence really needs a real cafe! Granted, previously mentioned are OK, but have no "class". The following have real cafe's: Baldwin, Eudora, Tongy, Topeka!! Can you imagine a diner, serving afterhours!! All other college towns I'm familiar with have em!If I was younger and more crazy than I am, I give it a go!

George_Braziller 10 years ago

Kelly's at 19th and Haskell. Huge portions, reasonably priced, and really tasty. There are a lot a regulars who eat there. But, if you're expecting eggs benedict or an asparagus omlette forget it.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 10 years ago

The best vegetarian or meat biscuits and gravy in Lawrence is at Amee's coffeehouse, except my biscuits and gravy of course, but I don't feed the public, sorry.

schula 10 years ago

I agree with everyone else who mentioned Paradise Cafe. They are greatly missed. I loved their cinnamon rolls and especially when they would make french toast out of the cinnamon rolls.

Linda Aikins 10 years ago

Miltons. Miltons. Miltons. oh and did I mention Miltons? Their french toast matches no other.

George_Braziller 10 years ago

Milton's has good coffee but for me it's in the "three strikes you're out category." Maybe I've just had bad luck there with the service and the food.

mick 10 years ago

Johnny's Tavern=breakfast of champions.

blahblahblah 10 years ago

Milton's is OK for coffee. Food for the price is sub-par. Hayes at 15th and Kasold actually has decent breakfast...

aginglady 10 years ago

The Brick House..Amana Colonies, Iowa.Anything around here just can't compare.

aginglady 10 years ago

I wondered if Hayes did, thanks blah :)I can name a lot of B&B's that don't have a good breakfast. Why is it so many people who open those, don't know how to cook? Maybe I need to head south.

staff04 10 years ago

Diners...I agree wholeheartedly. My favorite is right here, luckily:http://www.bobandedithsdiner.com/

riverdrifter 10 years ago

Cordoba's in Baldwin. I agree with Braziller on Kelly's, wherein he also aptly described Cordoba's.

ontheotherhand 10 years ago

le, is the Grantville Cafe on Hwy 24? I would like to try it out!I'm still crying over no more Paradise Cafe! No more huevos rancheros, no more breakfast enchiladas. Ambiance, good food, terrific staff, great location, all gone. What a loss, and all because of horrible management. What a waste . . . .

yourworstnightmare 10 years ago

Kelly's (formerly Clay's), on 19th and Haskell.

Godot 10 years ago

The biker bar, Slow Ride, hands down best breakfast. Huevos Rancheros, mui bien.

riverdrifter 10 years ago

The best breakfasts are, like, in the Roamer on Comb Ridge or at Buffalo Jump in October. Breakfast is always better when you're on safari. Everything is, come to think of it...

BrianR 10 years ago

My fave used to be a place called The Kitchen on Wicomico St in Ocean City, Maryland. I don't even know if it's still there.

zettapixel 10 years ago

If I started a little Tex-Mex taqueria that only served taquitos and pan dulce from 6am - 2pm, would they come?

amazonratz 10 years ago

I'm still mourning the Blue Bird....remember the Blue Bird? What a great diner. Breakfast to dream about, and oh--the pies, the pies.......

aginglady 10 years ago

This too has made me wonder what if I...Nest thought, it would be Kansas Alabama mix.Kansabama.Oh, no...that won't work.

bluedog 10 years ago

Hanover Pancake House in Top City...yummm, pumpkin pancakes.

George_Braziller 10 years ago

Blue Bird! That was the name of the place I was trying to think of earlier today! They were great until they started taking shortcuts like rehydrated dried potatoes. The doors closed shortly afterward.

Newcomb 10 years ago

The cafe at Billtown was the best! I love my Grandma and her biscuits and gravy, but when it comes to B's and G's, Billtown was king. They also had delicious delicious pie. Rosie's cafe in Oskaloosa has (or had, it's been awhile since I've been there...) great breakfast as well.