LJWorld.com weblogs bearded_gnome

Merry Christmas, fellow poster

Merry Christmas, and may god bless us all, every one.

I hope this day is good for you and that you get what you wish for as one or more gifts.

If you care to answer, please post here just what was your best gift or experience for today, Christmas 2011.

Comments

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

Oh, Me?

well, I already know my answer: I am indeed still alive. it got pretty close earlier this year, my time wasn't up, but we were down to milliseconds.

I will also get to see my wife, who is out of town recovering in a hospital.

God bless us, every one.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

Every stab of pain that wakes me while simultaneously pitching me from bed reminds me I have been blessed with another day on this planet. Looking forward to a day with the extended family, too much food, and laughing at and with the grandchild. Merry Christma, Gnome!

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

Merry Christmas to you too Roe!
you're a great guy, and indeed a good reason to be glad for the stabs of pain.

riverdrifter 2 years, 8 months ago

Too soon to say. I'm crashing with three dozen luminarias still candle lit. Hope I don't burn down the neighborhood but they are beautiful -if I do say so. Best to all & g'night.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

okay, Riverdrifter, update on the Luminaria.

and, answer the question, your best gift?

riverdrifter 2 years, 8 months ago

Neighborhood is still standing. I'll light the lummis again on NY eve and NY night and that's it. I'd have to say the box that UPS delivered Friday evening was the best. It had a 12lb honeybaked ham and a whole smoked Cajun turkey in it. It came from a friend from the north woods who came down and arrowed a record book deer out of my deer stand in November. This guy is a lot of things but he's not an ingrate. Anyway, I'm breaking them out for New Year's and will share with family, friends and neighbors. There's plenty to go 'round.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

wow! that's very nice RD!

one question: how do you know the turkey is from cajun country?

sorry, couldn't resist.

12lb honeybaked ham and the big cajun turkey, nice trove!

hope you tipped the UPS driver: that wasn't a light box!!! enjoy!

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

wow, 36 luminaria alight and glowing at 2am Christmas morn!

cool dude!

rockchalker52 2 years, 8 months ago

My favorite gift still shines as brightly as she did the day I married her. Merry Christmas, b_g! Same goes for the rest of you, too. The cinnamon rolls are ready, so...g'bye.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

rc52, great! glad you are so in love with your bride. cngrats. merry christmas.
be sure she knows you love her, every day.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

Tangy, thanksgiving, late or on time, is a great pleasure every time. enjoy it to the full dude.

Kathy Getto 2 years, 8 months ago

Merry Christmas gnome (one of the good guys and gals of this forum)!
My best gift? Life! And the ability to spend the day with my wonderful husband and family.

Have a blessed day, gnome, hope your wife recovers fully!

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

Merry Christmas gnome (one of the good guys and gals of this forum)!

Kathy, you stop that! you're making me blush.

yes, be thankful for each day you have with him. Merry Christmas.

may god bless us, every one.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

p.s. thank you for the good wishes for my wife. the hospital is doing great stuff. sadly, the longterm prognosis ain't so good.

LadyJ 2 years, 8 months ago

I was hoping someone had started a Christmas blog, thank you gnome. Got up and made a big batch of biscuits and gravy, we'll see how the rest of the day goes. Best present still to come in March. Merry Christmas to all the bloggers who do appreciate the lighter side of blogging on this site, and to Multi also. Best presents today will be phone calls from loved ones afar. My Christmas wish is good health in the coming year for everyone. Hang in there everyone.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

LadyJ, you're welcome. now, if you chose to show that appreciation with some of those biscuits and gravy I might start more christmas blogs!! just for that!

I believe we live in the same neighborhood, and something sure did smell good this morning LadyJ!

now, you have me curious about your March gift!

I called my Mom before today. yes, the best part of christmas is people, and our families particularly.

you are correct about the lighter side of posting. sometimes people, on here, and in person, miss my humor. But I couldn't live without a strong sense of humor. it is good to laugh each day. and while we discuss serious stuff here, we have to also take the humorous perspective. that perspective helps us in many ways in the midst of our stress and worries.

God bless us, every one.

LadyJ 2 years, 8 months ago

Hopefully JK and Whitney will check in. Merry Chrismas to them.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

what a great thought LadyJ.

who knows, maybe hwmnbn might also check in, in deep super secret disguise. seeing as how I am an LJW insider, a ghost poster, a plant, etc. lol

Hear ya'! me too.

ham was great today. pineapple glaze with nutmeg, yumm. green bean casserole, and hushpuppies.

zzz coming soon too!

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 8 months ago

What a lovely blog post... my best gift, despite having been blessed with material presents, was actually a good meal with both sides of the family. No one got angry or cried, or was annoyed at the others. That is the holiday spirit, no matter how/what one celebrates.

Best wishes to you and your loved ones. A Merry Christmas to you seems to be appropriate for you, happy holidays works for me. A day without the animosity of which one is "proper" is also a great experience.

Raerae, you're welcome.
I'm just wondering what's wrong with all your relatives? lol actually a good meal with both sides of the family. No one got angry or cried, or was annoyed at the others. That is the holiday spirit, no matter how/what one celebrates.

no animosity, that's very cool. it isn't just for the kids, us growed ups need that too! happy holidays, and I hope you have many more such wonderful peaceful and loving holidays together Raerae!

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

thank you DIST, but you didn't answer the question?
you get some good time, or some good equipment?

*now people reading this think "73" and "88" are secret codes we have! lol.

will do.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

very cool Jesse! how old are your kids?

you done down under?
and this begs the question: what do you give a lawyer for Christmas? lol

stay safe.

God bless us, every one.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

The lawyer got enough from me this summer... she can buy her own Christmas gift. lol.

LOL!

yes, it's summer down under. so Christmas in australia would usually be pretty warm.

happy new year Jesse.

grammaddy 2 years, 8 months ago

Bless you Bearded Gnome! Best part? Reminding the kids that they weren't all so good this year, hence the coal in their stockings, and then filming the looks on their faces when we opened the garage door to reveal 4 new bicycles. Priceless! Family IS the most important part of Christmas. Thank you for reminding us all. I hope your holidays continue to be wonderful.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

thank you Gramma. you and I disagree on most things, but yes, family is the most important part of Christmas and you're welcome.

your kids, you sure got them. now watch it, one of them might be in charge of selecting your future nursing home way off in the future, lol.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

oh man! them derned swedes sure do know how to celebrate Christmas:

after you're done laughing at that article, click on the link for the "drunken pine tree massacre!"
rotfl!

amazing!

George Lippencott 2 years, 8 months ago

And to all a good night (year). Thanks for this positive post

YYou're welcome George.

I thank you for completing the quote. and thanks for all your blog postings.

I felt that we all needed a bit of a break from the usual blogs.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

another great way to celebrate Christmas, not!:

I sincerely hope this one serves to warn against "drunken Christmas stunts!"

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

I've come to deeply enjoy Christmas in Kansas, in part because of the snow. we had none this year, but I love it when it happens; unless it is like the "Christmas blizzard!"

where I grew up, the most we ever had of cold weather was like this: you had to break the ice on top of the critters' water troughs a few times in the winter.
at the time we had the Christmas Blizzard, the place where I grew up on the central california coast actually experienced an inch of snow. I think it lasted about as long as it takes to read a paragraph! of course there were accidents; nobody there knows how to drive in the snow! some professed they were "shocked."

bearded_gnome 2 years, 8 months ago

I was really hoping for a few inches on Christmas morning. It's just not the same when it looks like early November rather than late December.

that sure is right Jesse.