LJWorld.com weblogs bearded_gnome

Merry Christmas, fellow poster

Merry Christmas, and may god bless us all, every one.

I hope this day is good for you and that you get what you wish for as one or more gifts.

If you care to answer, please post here just what was your best gift or experience for today, Christmas 2011.

Comments

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

I've come to deeply enjoy Christmas in Kansas, in part because of the snow. we had none this year, but I love it when it happens; unless it is like the "Christmas blizzard!"

where I grew up, the most we ever had of cold weather was like this: you had to break the ice on top of the critters' water troughs a few times in the winter.
at the time we had the Christmas Blizzard, the place where I grew up on the central california coast actually experienced an inch of snow. I think it lasted about as long as it takes to read a paragraph! of course there were accidents; nobody there knows how to drive in the snow! some professed they were "shocked."

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

another great way to celebrate Christmas, not!:

I sincerely hope this one serves to warn against "drunken Christmas stunts!"

George Lippencott 2 years, 3 months ago

And to all a good night (year). Thanks for this positive post

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

oh man! them derned swedes sure do know how to celebrate Christmas:

after you're done laughing at that article, click on the link for the "drunken pine tree massacre!"
rotfl!

amazing!

grammaddy 2 years, 3 months ago

Bless you Bearded Gnome! Best part? Reminding the kids that they weren't all so good this year, hence the coal in their stockings, and then filming the looks on their faces when we opened the garage door to reveal 4 new bicycles. Priceless! Family IS the most important part of Christmas. Thank you for reminding us all. I hope your holidays continue to be wonderful.

Roland Gunslinger 2 years, 3 months ago

Taking my two oldest boys to their first NFL game... and having them for Xmas for the first time in 6 years (special thanks to my lawyer for making that happen).

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 3 months ago

I am late to your party gnome. But, better late than never. Merry Christmas, God Bless, and 73s. Send 88's to your better half for me.

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 3 months ago

What a lovely blog post... my best gift, despite having been blessed with material presents, was actually a good meal with both sides of the family. No one got angry or cried, or was annoyed at the others. That is the holiday spirit, no matter how/what one celebrates.

Best wishes to you and your loved ones. A Merry Christmas to you seems to be appropriate for you, happy holidays works for me. A day without the animosity of which one is "proper" is also a great experience.

autie 2 years, 3 months ago

Best of holidays peoples. Here's to eating more today. Zzzzzzzzzzz I need a nap already.

LadyJ 2 years, 3 months ago

Hopefully JK and Whitney will check in. Merry Chrismas to them.

LadyJ 2 years, 3 months ago

I was hoping someone had started a Christmas blog, thank you gnome. Got up and made a big batch of biscuits and gravy, we'll see how the rest of the day goes. Best present still to come in March. Merry Christmas to all the bloggers who do appreciate the lighter side of blogging on this site, and to Multi also. Best presents today will be phone calls from loved ones afar. My Christmas wish is good health in the coming year for everyone. Hang in there everyone.

Kathy Getto 2 years, 3 months ago

Merry Christmas gnome (one of the good guys and gals of this forum)!
My best gift? Life! And the ability to spend the day with my wonderful husband and family.

Have a blessed day, gnome, hope your wife recovers fully!

tange 2 years, 3 months ago

No gifts for me, this Christmas—by design. (oh, something obligatory from a coworker and something awaiting me afar, I'm told) More of a late Thanksgiving, and a New Year's Halfortnight.

rockchalker52 2 years, 3 months ago

My favorite gift still shines as brightly as she did the day I married her. Merry Christmas, b_g! Same goes for the rest of you, too. The cinnamon rolls are ready, so...g'bye.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

wow, 36 luminaria alight and glowing at 2am Christmas morn!

cool dude!

riverdrifter 2 years, 3 months ago

Too soon to say. I'm crashing with three dozen luminarias still candle lit. Hope I don't burn down the neighborhood but they are beautiful -if I do say so. Best to all & g'night.

RoeDapple 2 years, 3 months ago

Every stab of pain that wakes me while simultaneously pitching me from bed reminds me I have been blessed with another day on this planet. Looking forward to a day with the extended family, too much food, and laughing at and with the grandchild. Merry Christma, Gnome!

bearded_gnome 2 years, 3 months ago

Oh, Me?

well, I already know my answer: I am indeed still alive. it got pretty close earlier this year, my time wasn't up, but we were down to milliseconds.

I will also get to see my wife, who is out of town recovering in a hospital.

God bless us, every one.