LJWorld.com weblogs bearded_gnome

Posters' Personals Confidential

Posters’ Personals Confidential

Here’s my idea: people post their personals type ad, and fellow posters discuss how to make it better, how to find that “tall dark handsome stranger in a cowboy hat,” etc. So, I envision this blog doing two things: posting personals; improving that search for your match. Whether a romance, someone you can ride horses with, or a friendship, post your personal here.

I’ve mentioned this blog was coming for a couple of weeks. Some warnings/disclaimers are at the bottom. I hope we can have fun and treat each other with kindness and respect. A few of the very grumpy LJWorld posters have said that blogs are often just “lonely hearts club” activities. So, with a big laugh at them, I thought we’d really do that!

*Post your personal as “X Seeking Y” at the top, i.e. “Conservative Woman seeks liberal man for steamy relationship.” Then describe who you’re looking for, and yourself. Do it all within one 3000-character post.
Describe yourself, but avoid personally identifiable traits like “I’m the guy who always sits at the last table to the left in Louise’s West.”
No pictures please, let’s use words for this.
Use the LJWorld’s private message system to make contact so no phone numbers, addresses, etc.

Warnings/disclaimers: Remember people may not always be who they seem to be on the Internet.
If you are uncertain about contacting someone or responding to someone who writes you, talk about it with somebody you trust.
If you arrange a first meeting, do it in a safe public place like a restaurant, park, the law enforcement center [lol], or a bar. Please be careful and no one else is liable.
Never ever put up with verbal, physical, or sexual violence toward you or another.
*Only adults should participate.

Comments

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

I know of a couple of poster couples now around LJWorld.

So, did I do okay on the warnings/disclaimers, or should anything be added?

Ronda Miller 5 years, 6 months ago

Gnome, keep monitoring this site and I think you might actually get some people seeking a relationship. I think it is a terrific idea for a blog and I'll look forward to checking in once in awhile - not looking myself though!

Music_Girl 5 years, 6 months ago

Gnome, good idea for a blog. I think some people would be nervous posting such info on a non-date website (myself included). I also rather doubt that I'll find any orthodox, conservative Catholics on the LJW blogs! I'll keep checking back though to see what happens!!

Ronda Miller 5 years, 6 months ago

If I were going to post this is how I'd do it...

Media attention seeking conservative liberal who enjoys speaking out, laughing her ass off, writing and reading poetry, dancing the night away, but likes to switch it out with quiet evenings in the arms of a loving man who is like minded.

Mature, loving, warm, intelligent, argumentative (sometimes bitch), giving, maternal woman who loves snuggling, cooking, doing the Zumba, engaging in stimulating conversations and events. Soon to be empty nester who is plucking out the old feathers and ready to line with some new, more colorful ones. Wanting a traveling, hiking, literary mate. We don't have to agree on everything except that we love and respect each other and listen with a compassionate ear.

Total sexist pigs need not apply………

Okay, ladies and gents.....come on here and don't be afraid to be who you are and request what you really want.

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

Old, worn out, Republican, gun packin', wingnut, sexist, wacko, with short appendage, seeks liberal know it all, preferably from southwest area of country for conversation only, over Bud Light or Margaritas. High noon on Main Street, I'll bring the lawn chairs and refreshments.....

passionatelibra 5 years, 6 months ago

This is harder than I thought it would be. I think I've typed and deleted approximately 5 paragraphs.

I am back to staring at a blank sheet of paper. Well, that explains one of the reasons I don't want to try and find a date online. LOL

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 6 months ago

Catholic, born again Democrat, fell in love with President Obama during the primaries, love football, am a Red Sox fan, love horror and sci-fi movies. Fell in love with Jack Aubrey and now want to know all about the great war between Britain and France 1793-1815. animal lover, have cat, knows how to fish and make a campfire and cook on it. Have mixed race family, so if you don't like African-Americans, Catholics, animals or the Red Sox- Likes science and technology and would like to have more tech things. Loves to write. Just joined " this moment": which is like Facebook only better.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 6 months ago

Roe, I can't believe you wrote that. Did you mean what I thought you meant? Has Mrs. Roe read this yet?

Music_Girl 5 years, 6 months ago

Passion, I agree. It is really hard!

Young, orthodox catholic seeks young orthodox catholic man. Conservative, laid back, fun loving, smart a$$ with a good sense of humor, romantic and strong morals. Likes bowling, pool, movies, picnics, music, working hard, playing hard and hot tubs. Shovanistic pigs, control freaks, freaks in general, perverts, one night stands, extreme leftists, Nazis, conceded jerks and all manner of morons need not apply.

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

passion, since I am not in the dating scene, allow me to critique your post,

'Sensitive'; good, leave it

'slightly neurotic/OCD female'; Too negative, not a good sell. You are intelligent, attractive, fun loving, adventurous. There, that got them looking!

'looking for someone offline to go to dinner(have 2 for 1 coupon) and bowling (only on 99 cent nights)'; Makes you sound like a cheap date. You have varied interests in dining, sports, reading material. Enjoy talking about mutual interests.

'Close-minded racists, open-minded racists, ultra liberals, ultra conservatives, liars, controllers, egotistical, narcissistic jerks of any gender need not waste my time'. Negative, negative, NEGATIVE! Makes you sound inflexible. , Better to list the qualities you are looking for in a date, be it just the one date or something you would like to see develop into something more!

Once again, I'm not in the dating scene, maybe I don't have a clue how it works anymore, just saying how I see it. And wishing you well.........

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

Irish, Mrs Roe and I are laughing about it, then she told me I need a new hobby............

Ronda Miller 5 years, 6 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Anonymous) says…

Ms. Rodanda, So your cool with nearly complete sexist pigs ?

Ret, I am because there are so many already in my family...I don't want them to feel unloved or slighted! ;)

Passion, they catch every word don't they!

But hey, you guys obviously have the idea. Make it descriptive, have fun with it, and what may come will come...

roe and autie and consumer.....really you guys!

oddly enough I am finding I just might want to date Irish and music.(probably at the same time).I best rethink my original post......and everything else about my life......oh lord...yet another midlife crisis......help.............

Music_Girl 5 years, 6 months ago

Ronda, I can't wait to meet you!! When is the next backyard event btw? Midlife crisis(es?) are good for ya....at least that's what my shrink says. She also says that my mommy and daddy love me. Dancing and travel are 2 of my top things to do!!

schula 5 years, 6 months ago

Musicgirl -- the next backyard event should be on July 11. We try to meet on the second Saturday of the month. Looking forward to meeting youi!

passionatelibra 5 years, 6 months ago

Roe - You made me blush. Thank you for the compliments! You meant them right? yes you did... just nod your head... Maybe that's what I should do, have someone else who knows me write an ad. (I vote RoeDapple!!)

Seriously, I will try to write one when I have more time tonight.

How's this for starters?

I am an easy going divorced Mom of 2. One is out of the nest and the other has 2 years to go. I am a big girl so if you prefer someone on the skinny side, I believe they are down the hall and to the left. I can be a bit different (in a good way!) at times, the normal people are down the hall and to the right.

I focus a lot of my time on my Son but since he is getting older I am discovering that I have some free time to ponder life, relationships and the fate of the world. That only lasts a couple of minutes (it gives me a headache) so I can then be found reading a book, watching a movie or heading out the door to try and find something to do.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just kind of going with the flow. Make some friends, have some laughs, find a partner in crime to invade the corny movie section of the video store...

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago

Ronda's midlife crisis has me, once again, marveling at just how much she and I have in common. (Funny, though, that lesbian-at-heart thing seems to be working better for me than for her.)

,;-)

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

passion. That's better! And yes I meant every word of it!

(Oh by the way, just pay no attention to that 11:30 post, I was trolling for bea...............)

;-)

passionatelibra 5 years, 6 months ago

autie - I just noticed that my comment to you didn't post. I'm sorry! Back home my folks have all the outdoor toys that hunters and fisherpeople like.

I don't own them but I can use them whenever I go home. Does that sort of count?

Ronda Miller 5 years, 6 months ago

tange.....that's what you think :) !!!!!!

music, we will all look forward to meeting you. Hope you can make the next one...maybe tange as well. nah!

twinetowngirl 5 years, 6 months ago

consumer1 (Anonymous) says…

Tall good looking millionaire looking for woman to help me spend my money.

I'm not "available" or looking, but feel free to give me money...I can help you spend it!! LMAO

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 6 months ago

Did_I_say_that Yes, Deion is quite the cat, orange tabby, that I got from the shelter. They have to be self-sufficient you know. Maybe the city should have a designated homeless wilderness area on the banks of the Kaw and the shelter could give each site a cat to help with the chores. A dog will just run after sticks and flying round things, but a cat, a cat is a cat forever.

passionatelibra 5 years, 6 months ago

Pst twine psst - Don't forget to share with your girl ;oP~

schula 5 years, 6 months ago

Same goes here, twine! We could have so much fun!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

There's a cowboy that I know ridin' in the rodeo He's a feller that I'm fondest of I love him and he loves me and that's the way it ought to be But he drives me crazy when we're makin' love cause he always starts to yodel (yodel) Well he always squeezed me at night while the moon was shinin' bright And I knew I was under his spell He was gazin' in my eyes and I was breathing pretty sighs Then like Tarzan he'd let out a great big yell And he started into yodel (yodel) Well when he led me down the isle I wore such a pretty smile And my handsome cowboy wore a buckskin suit When the parson said will you promise always to be true My lover smiled and gently cleared his throat and he started to yodel (yodel)

jehovah_bob 5 years, 6 months ago

Ladies man with a farmer's tan and red neck lookin' for open relationship to put the double back in ma double wide.

I'm a self made landscape artist, I got a '69 Camaro and a 1970 'Cuda up on blocks in ma front yard. I gots a front porch and a satellite dish, one o' them really big ones. I like shootin' stuff an' drinkin' beer, not necessarily in that order.

You must like dogs and cleaning fish (as well as dogs, ma dirty draw's, and the trailer). OH, and Toby Keith, like 'im, not wash 'im.

PM me an' maybe we can git a couple a #88 tattoos together.

twinetowngirl 5 years, 6 months ago

I'll share the wealth with you girls...Con we're waiting....

waiting............

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

*Musicgirl: why don't you post a personal here, you might be surprised! you would be seeking an orthodox conservative Catholic man--I assume. if you want to discuss forming the personal ad, let's talk.

I'm just starting on this blog now, I had a family member come home from the hospital and I am the primary caregiver.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

Multi, thank you, that's a good idea, this is the slow time of the summer. and certainly this could be posted again if there's interest.

Ronda, you forgot "flashy redhead who will take your breth away if you dance with her."

Irish, unless you redid your personals ad later, you don't say who you are looking for are you looking for: a man to butter your bread; go on dates/friendly time; romance; potential marriage; race cars together?

Roe: Be careful what you wish for! You might just get it! Danger! Warning!

passionatelibra (Anonymous) says… .... Sensitive slightly neurotic/OCD female looking for someone offline to go to dinner(have 2 for 1 coupon) and bowling (only on 99 cent nights). Close-minded racists, open-minded racists, ultra liberals, ultra conservatives, liars, controllers, egotistical, narcissistic jerks of any gender need not waste my time. --Hey PL a good start! I like your humor in who you're looking for. but let's get serious, you looking for a "main squeeze?" go ahead and state what you want, what kind of man you looking for? think of what has attracted you in a healthy way before.
If you don't ask, you won't find. also, don't be so hard on yourself, how about more of your beauties/strengths? you're the passionate libra, what are you passionate about?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

omg xbus has a brother. And here I thought he was an only child.

Hey PL, I should've read down the blog before posting. and a big nod to Roe, that's the spirit of this blog man! You encouraged PL mighty fine and all what you wrote about her is true.

PL, I like your last ad, just rewrite it with who you are --looking for--or seeking at the top so somebody thumbing through these posts gets a handle on it right away.

MusicGirl, that's a good ad, but ditch the negatives at the end. you can go looking with those limits in the back of your mind at all times. and a little talk and observation and you'll likely discover those negative traits. ad one or two sentences describing what you're like in person, if a guy starts a relationship with you, in general what's he going to find. also, your name "musicgirl" you play aninstrument? what about music is important? you always have a song on your lips?

I hope to be at the next Ronda meeting and will meet you then too.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 6 months ago

Hi everybody, been out of town...... Here is my list:

Just looking for someone (female preferred) to watch TV with... please bring TV, mine is broken. However, I do have plenty of In-Fisherman DVDs. .

passionatelibra 5 years, 6 months ago

Gnome - I'm just looking to go out with someone once in a while. I don't want any more than that.

There are several reasons why but the main one is that I plan on moving back to Alaska (or at least Oregon) when my Son graduates.

Another is that despite the fact that I have made some really freaking awesome improvements in myself and the way I view the world, since my disaster of a marriage, I still have a lot of trust issues. Why put someone else through that?

Yep, dating/friendship is all I want. Nookie and love can come later, maybe... if I am still sane from lack of nookie :o)

BigPrune 5 years, 6 months ago

Young farmer with 100 acres would be pleased to hear from young lady with tractor. Please send photograph of tractor.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 6 months ago

My bad, Bearded-Gnome, If I were to become interested in someone, it would have to be a friendship as I don't want to give up my home and my space. Retired Texas Ranger, willing to teach me to shoot, loves sports passionately, etc.

schula 5 years, 6 months ago

Just wanted to mention to all you guys out there -- Farah Fawcett died today. http://www.cybertown.com/ffposter.html

BigPrune 5 years, 6 months ago

I did not know the cancer of her anal canal had progressed because she was getting married.

Music_Girl 5 years, 6 months ago

BigPrune...I about fell out of my chair at work just now laughing at your post and got funny looks from my coworkers!! I have a tractor! I actually have 2....one is red and one is green. Granted they are about 4 inches long and 3 inches high but they say size doesn't matter!! ;)

Gnome, I would never actually post those negatives in a real ad. I was just being funny (or atleast attempting it, apparently failed haha). So I'll give it another try:

Young, orthodox catholic seeks young orthodox catholic man. I am conservative, laid back, fun loving, smart a$$ with a good sense of humor, romantic and have strong morals. I like bowling, pool, movies, picnics, dancing, working hard, playing hard and hot tubs. Music is a very important part of my life as I believe it is the language of the soul and I play clarinet, percussion and organ/piano. I can be a bit shy but open up quickly and then you can't get me to shut up!

Is that better?

BigPrune 5 years, 6 months ago

Sorry, the above wording didn't come out right.

passionatelibra 5 years, 6 months ago

Music_Girl - Are you a long lost sister? Dang, I want to hang out with you now! ;oP~

Music_Girl 5 years, 6 months ago

Passion...between you and Ronda I don't know if I've ever felt so loved!! Haha...can't wait to actually meet ya'll (southern twang intended haha)

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 6 months ago

Music_Girl Young, orthodox catholic ? Not from the way you write.

schula 5 years, 6 months ago

I want to meet you, too, musicgirl!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 6 months ago

MD: I thought you liked In-Fishermen..... Darn... guess I'll just watch them with with Fido.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

Oh Multi, that's hilarious, but explain s/o...or maybe I don't wanna know...

MusicGirl, that's a great personal! if I were an orthodox catholic I'd already be writing you babe. very very good touch on the music!

PL, I asked because wasn't quite clear. good that you have that sense of where you are. honestly the right kind of man friend could help you lots during this time, that is a nonpig man [lol].

Okay Irish, now take what you wrote earlier and put it together with what kind of person you are seeking. note: the market of "retired texas rangers" is limited and there are other men with similar traits of honesty, valor, and service.

Music_Girl 5 years, 6 months ago

Irish...what do you mean "not from the way you write"?

Schula, thanks!

Gnome, thanks for the words of encouragement!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks Multi, I was afraid s/o might've been like s/m! lol.

yes it seems you have an amazing power over our storms. they say tomorrow's the storm coming.

MusicGirl, you're welcome!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

*! Question for you:

I could take the serious personals ads as written above, copy them into a new blog with an attention-getting title.

how you feel about that?

we have serious personals ads from: Passionate-libra, Music-Girl, and maybe Irish.

*!Guys interested in responding to their personals should click on the screen name of the lady of your interest, send her a private message.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 6 months ago

MD; I still have that photo you sent me.... you know, the one with the fish flopping around inside a bus.... It's on my fridge... thanks