LJWorld.com weblogs autie

Alternative to todays question

If you was gonna haul a couch about 138.5 miles down the highway next Saturday, tied to the roof of the car, what do you think would be the best way to tie it down and what kind of rope or tie downs would you use? There is a small chance of isolated thunderstorms. If it rained on a red couch, would the dye run and streak your car?

These are very important questions to consider this time of year as the fall semester up to that college is fixin to start back up so soon. What I don't get is why them kids (at least the one I'm currently affiliated with) wants to move back to that hippie town so soon before that college even takes up. What I heared was that they had college kid parties and what not. Then I remembered back when I was up to college they had a thing they called that country club week. And we didn't even play golf but we went anyway and drank a lot of beer and pestered the pretty girls until their boyfriends threatened to beat us up. Are you ready to haul your couch on top of the car back to college yet?

Comments

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

Heavy duty bungee cords would be my suggestion.

LadyJ 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm sure cuzins have some of those winter tire chains laying around somewhere that would work. That way they could hang their clothes up on the part that runs through the car.

LadyJ 4 years, 1 month ago

For that matter, why not just put wheels on it and pull it? You could probably put one end in the trunk and wheels on the other end and that way you wouldn't have to worry about it swinging to the side when you turn corners.

rockchalker52 4 years, 1 month ago

If I had a red couch, I would haul it at least 138.5 miles away from home, too. Either that or place it by the curb with a 'free' sign on it.

LadyJ 4 years, 1 month ago

I thought there would be all sorts of pictures of couches on top of cars on the internet but I was wrong, just a few. I did run across this picture of a redneck car alarm though http://www.sydesjokes.com/pictures/r/redneck_car_alarm.jpg

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 1 month ago

You used the word "affiliated" and did it correctly.. You're a fraud, autie. :)

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

First off there ain't no Escort I would trust loadin' my couch on, 'specially since I been usin' it to store my . . ahem, valubles in. No sir, for that I brings out the F-250, complete with 2" straps to tie that bad boy down. Plus I gots a bunch of them camouflage tarps, the good ones not those thin plastic ones that crackle in the wind at speeds of 80 plus. Freight of that importance deserves royal treatment. That there was more,n two werds, but I is verbose.

BorderRat 4 years, 1 month ago

Saw someone trying this feat on my way to work today. They just opened the Ikea store in Denver and folks were camped out for days to be the first 30 or so in the store to win a free couch. I don't know if it was the couch attached to the car with duct tape that caught my eye or that the car was actually a Yugo.

LadyJ 4 years, 1 month ago

Multi gets the award for the best solution.

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

I'd just leave thet sucker sittin on the porch where it is right now. What you gonna do with another sofa anyhow? The one on your porch now is just fine, Autie.