LJWorld.com weblogs autie

Alternative OTS

I think I knew a kid named Junior Williams when we were growing up. And I still don't care how many points he can get. So I offer up the alternative OTS for this lovely Friday morning.

With this beautiful fall like weather, what will you do to get out and enjoy the weekend? Or in other words, what will you do after you find out how many biscuits you can eat in one sitting?

Comments

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 7 months ago

The remarks about Ted Kennedy and Michael Jackson are not funny at all. Autie, I meant to address my comment to you as the writer of the blog. That's why I said sorry.

Pywacket 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm going to sleep in while my spouse (who went to bed at a reasonable time) hits the farmers' market and, with any luck, brings home some delectable baked goods. Cinnamon rolls with pecans sound about right.

Later, I will immerse myself in yard work and hope it stays in the 60s all day.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

well damn snap, we weren't goin eat it raw...I throw up like the dog did that one time.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

If you fry it, tainted salt pork ain't that bad........

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

company done ate all the biscuits last weekend. we be down to the last of flour with mealy bugs and some tainted salt pork until Tuesday.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

Showing up at autie's .. ain't callin furst. Howdy Cuz, I hear you got a spare room now...

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 7 months ago

"Roe- are there any good places to site a deer rifle around here so I don't have to drive to my parents'?"

The Hawk.

labmonkey 4 years, 7 months ago

All this talk about biscuits....I might have to do HyVee Breakfast bar tomrrow morning.

For those worrying about Michael Jackson "ripening," just remember that plastic is non-biodegradable. And did they even have to embalm Uncle Teddy? The lifetime of alcohol in his system should kill any microbial activity.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Play "Foggy Mountain Breakdown."

Nice to see a fellow Arizonan on here. Yes, still too hot here. Azjh is far braver than I to go out golfing when it is above 110.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

"Until he comes and splays at the Bottleneck..." If he does that, I'd want my money back.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

Until he comes and splays at the Bottleneck, I will still just view him as a 2-bit hack with a rudely named dog.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 7 months ago

"Steve Martin used to be a heck of a banjo player."

I believe I saw that he is on tour now.

arizonajh 4 years, 7 months ago

Ah yes, fall in Scottsdale - 113 yesterday, 112 today, 112 tomorrow and a brisk 109 for Sunday - no grass to mow so it sounds like golfing weather to me, in fact I've got a 2:15 tee time after work today! Ironic how I can live on a golf course but my HOA won't let me plant grass! Oh, well more time for golf and floating in the spool!

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

The more I think about it...Junior Williams didn't even graduate from high school. Last I knew he was working at the cement plant. Now if that KU wants to put their money to good use, don't start a Junior Williams fund, he'll just blow it on beer and slim jims. They ought to start an Autie's daughter fund to pay for that kids college. Ain't that what them endowment things is supposed be for?

schula 4 years, 7 months ago

I will go for a walk everyday this weekend and sit out on my balcony.

Mary Darst 4 years, 7 months ago

Snap, I have seen him on TV playing the banjo. He is really good.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

Speaking of bluegrass, despite his current career of appearing in bad movies, Steve Martin used to be a heck of a banjo player. Somewhere on youtube is a video of him playing along with Earl Scruggs on Foggy Mountain Breakdown.

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

Living the life of the self employed, work until the porch calls. Repeat

Mary Darst 4 years, 7 months ago

All my cousins will be there. Yes the commie sister will be here the16th. We will be going the 10th -19th. that first week end is alot of fun also. there are already alot of people there.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Sorry, sorry, sorry, autie!

Irish, sorry for what? I'm confused. (a most usual state of existence for me) This here is one of them open forums for whatever you want to throw at us. As long as it ain't rocks.

CharlieJohnson, you mentioned a hippie sister? Is she one of them pinko commies? When does that Hippie love fest down on the Walnut River commence? You'll got any cousins showing up for that stuff?

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Well at least Ted will be buried in a timely manner. I'm getting a little concerned MJ might be...um....."ripening?......

Now that would make a good "OTS"

Asked in front of XYZ Funeral Home, "What do you think the maximum number of days from death to burial should be?"

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, Roe, I am watching MSNBC, I turn in on first thing when I wake up. Ted Kennedy is laying in repose. Death seems so odd to me. To think that his body is in that casket. I am glad to see Michael Vick get a second chance, I hope he makes the most of it. I am trying to learn Spanish and get a short story written. Glad it is football season.

Mary Darst 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh my, I'm getting ready for Bluegrass. My heaven for 10 days, Autie, you should try it. My hippy sister is coming. We so like walking around and enjoying the SMELLS and the music and the atmosphere. We will be having biscuits and gravy several times. We are Camp Jayhawk.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Nah, gave up tobacco products 40 years ago, but might have a couple from the cooler while I watch "Smackdown"!

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 7 months ago

Pinko commie's favorite color is red.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Red? Some posters may think red is my favorite color. Right comrade?

Roe, do you keep a cooler full in the front seat when doing all these important errands? Is there a can of Skoal on the dash?

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

hmmm, let me think... Junior Williams or wash the cat?...

I choose biscuits and gravy, then get the Remington out, prep it for the upcoming deer season, till the garden, order a new hunting jacket from Cabelas, run the weed eater around the shop, come back in and write another of my rambling blogs, warm two biscuits in the microwave and melt 1/4 stick of butter on them, drive into town for a massage, check my favorite hunting spot on the way home, eat supper then watch "Friday Night Smackdown". My neck is feeling especially red today!

Maybe I better skip the blog.....

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

I was thinking it is about time for the annual Prairie Squid Festival. I couldn't remember if it was in Ness City or Colby this year. My cousin did win the biscuit eating contest at that thing last year. He downed 37 in the five minute time frame.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Last time I saw one of these, the author did put in some pictures and responses. The one I remember most was the talking rock...I fell out on that.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

lab, it just hit me to ask another question and I currently have no street or random people available. So I guess the concept now is you are all the random people and just visualize standing in front of the Merc when typing a response. I just hope I didn't curse my weekend by saying it would be relaxing since no cousins will be around. Not like last weekend when I had about 15 relatives in my house, eating all my food and drinking all the beer..at least no fist fights broke out.

labmonkey 4 years, 7 months ago

Autie-

For it to be an alternative OTS question, shouldn't you actually ask random people...On The Street? It can't be an OTS question if you just ask it online :)

I will be mowing and chopping wood.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 7 months ago

Mowing. Sitting outside. Might hit the fishing hole.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

Eating a buttery biscuit whilst admiring the flora and fauna sounds like a good plan.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Since I can't have a goat in the yard, I believe we will have mowing and weedeater/trimming on the agenda at some point. Probably with a slow smoking brisket and iced down beer. My cousins won't be in town so it should be a relaxing, quite time.