LJWorld.com weblogs autie

Alternative OTS

I think I knew a kid named Junior Williams when we were growing up. And I still don't care how many points he can get. So I offer up the alternative OTS for this lovely Friday morning.

With this beautiful fall like weather, what will you do to get out and enjoy the weekend? Or in other words, what will you do after you find out how many biscuits you can eat in one sitting?

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

Eating a buttery biscuit whilst admiring the flora and fauna sounds like a good plan.

labmonkey 5 years, 3 months ago

Autie-

For it to be an alternative OTS question, shouldn't you actually ask random people...On The Street? It can't be an OTS question if you just ask it online :)

I will be mowing and chopping wood.

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

hmmm, let me think... Junior Williams or wash the cat?...

I choose biscuits and gravy, then get the Remington out, prep it for the upcoming deer season, till the garden, order a new hunting jacket from Cabelas, run the weed eater around the shop, come back in and write another of my rambling blogs, warm two biscuits in the microwave and melt 1/4 stick of butter on them, drive into town for a massage, check my favorite hunting spot on the way home, eat supper then watch "Friday Night Smackdown". My neck is feeling especially red today!

Maybe I better skip the blog.....

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

Nah, gave up tobacco products 40 years ago, but might have a couple from the cooler while I watch "Smackdown"!

Mary Darst 5 years, 3 months ago

Oh my, I'm getting ready for Bluegrass. My heaven for 10 days, Autie, you should try it. My hippy sister is coming. We so like walking around and enjoying the SMELLS and the music and the atmosphere. We will be having biscuits and gravy several times. We are Camp Jayhawk.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

Well, Roe, I am watching MSNBC, I turn in on first thing when I wake up. Ted Kennedy is laying in repose. Death seems so odd to me. To think that his body is in that casket. I am glad to see Michael Vick get a second chance, I hope he makes the most of it. I am trying to learn Spanish and get a short story written. Glad it is football season.

RoeDapple 5 years, 3 months ago

Well at least Ted will be buried in a timely manner. I'm getting a little concerned MJ might be...um....."ripening?......

Now that would make a good "OTS"

Asked in front of XYZ Funeral Home, "What do you think the maximum number of days from death to burial should be?"

Mary Darst 5 years, 3 months ago

All my cousins will be there. Yes the commie sister will be here the16th. We will be going the 10th -19th. that first week end is alot of fun also. there are already alot of people there.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

Speaking of bluegrass, despite his current career of appearing in bad movies, Steve Martin used to be a heck of a banjo player. Somewhere on youtube is a video of him playing along with Earl Scruggs on Foggy Mountain Breakdown.

Mary Darst 5 years, 3 months ago

Snap, I have seen him on TV playing the banjo. He is really good.

schula 5 years, 3 months ago

I will go for a walk everyday this weekend and sit out on my balcony.

arizonajh 5 years, 3 months ago

Ah yes, fall in Scottsdale - 113 yesterday, 112 today, 112 tomorrow and a brisk 109 for Sunday - no grass to mow so it sounds like golfing weather to me, in fact I've got a 2:15 tee time after work today! Ironic how I can live on a golf course but my HOA won't let me plant grass! Oh, well more time for golf and floating in the spool!

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

"Until he comes and splays at the Bottleneck..." If he does that, I'd want my money back.

beatrice 5 years, 3 months ago

Play "Foggy Mountain Breakdown."

Nice to see a fellow Arizonan on here. Yes, still too hot here. Azjh is far braver than I to go out golfing when it is above 110.

labmonkey 5 years, 3 months ago

All this talk about biscuits....I might have to do HyVee Breakfast bar tomrrow morning.

For those worrying about Michael Jackson "ripening," just remember that plastic is non-biodegradable. And did they even have to embalm Uncle Teddy? The lifetime of alcohol in his system should kill any microbial activity.

Roe- are there any good places to site a deer rifle around here so I don't have to drive to my parents'?

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

If you fry it, tainted salt pork ain't that bad........

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 3 months ago

The remarks about Ted Kennedy and Michael Jackson are not funny at all. Autie, I meant to address my comment to you as the writer of the blog. That's why I said sorry.