LJWorld.com weblogs autie

Youthful thoughts; the new vanguard

My daughter is very excited about her first presidential election. She is most excited about the prospect of a new order. She thinks that Barack can energize the new generation and get them excited about politics. When she is not helping cook biscuits and cornbread with our latest new idea, she is telling me how these old world orders don't work. In my kitchen, we be cookin good stuff and talkin politics....which is sometimes a challenge with one of those straight A salutatorian types...little ms. scholarship. Throw in an opinionated wife..we gots ourselves some lively discussion...From what I see down here, the young folks are voting Obama....what are your kids thinking??? PS, ms. smart kid may be influenced by her daddy just a bit..go blue.

Comments

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

Now I'll have Ron White saying that in my head today...not a bad thing, really.Oh no, now I'm imagining all the debaters from high school finishing off with that!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bndairdundat 5 years, 5 months ago

My 2 daughters have voted for the losing candidate in all presidential elections they have ever participated in. With both of them leaning towards Obama looks like they are batting 1000.;-) Ah well I still love them anyway.They was both good Repub's till we got 'em in college

autie 5 years, 5 months ago

We have raised four girls in our house. The oldest is a new era hippie that things anything associated with the federal government has to be evil. The second is a nurse and thinks GWB has been the greatest president of all time. The third one is struggling with life and three kids and thinks Clinton is still president..Now the fourth, a staunch liberal with outspoken ideas. but this is a kid that read Machevilli in the summer for recreational reading..you know, the volvo driving, latte sipping type. Political debate in the living room is one of our greatest joys. Especially when the arguments boil down to the Ron White school of forensics and the last line is, 'well yeah, F* Y!"

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

hehehe...autie, I thought maybe you were just a randy old coot with a remarkable preschooler! My illusion is shot down,,alas.My youngest went to KC to see OBama. I have no idea if he had a clue or not. He's only 9. I have no idea if my 24 yr old daughter has any interest in the election. With all the tragedy she's seen in life, I doubt she has much hope in any candidate.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago

My remaining son, not yet old enough to vote, has finally realized that I'm a sage.... parsley, rosemary, and thyme... all the "blue" herbs.

mom_of_three 5 years, 5 months ago

this is the first election for my eldest, too, and she seems to be leaning toward Obama. I am glad to see her excited about politics, but sometimes, I regret teaching her to talk. We don't talk too much politics in our house, because we are a split household - two different parties, conservative and liberal-ish.

autie 5 years, 5 months ago

four? Come on Multi. My little smart aleck is 19.. Clarification..her first election she gets to vote..new context?

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

Dang Autie,...That's some impressive 4 yr old!;~[

autie 5 years, 5 months ago

So, what are your kids thinking? They are our tomorrow. I'm abundantly clear about my daughter's thoughts. If you don't know, you better be talking to them..hmm? My kid doesn't really appreciate the future debt those boys left for her and her children.