LJWorld.com weblogs At Random

When online friends die: a goodbye to Multidisciplinary

In this world of online formats where anonymity allows people to share the utmost in personal likes and dislikes, family histories and life experiences are cried about, laughed over, examined intellectually or thrown out as an off the cuff remark, it's easy for members of a forum such as the ljworld to become family.

Upon graduation from The World Company Citizen Journalism Academy five years ago,  I began writing blogs.  I was naive, inexperienced and technically challenged to say the least.

One commenter who immediately assisted me with support and knowledge was Multidisciplinary - multi.

Her off beat sense of humor, knowledge of online forums, quick wit, astute wisdom, array of sites to supply photos and links to back up conversation really added much to our blogs. She even invited me over to her house on numerous occasions to teach me first hand how to scroll blogs and put folders together.

I have to admit, I first thought, because of multi's handle, that she was a he and also a police officer.  She got a kick out of that.

I was saddened to learn last evening that she passed away on Monday of this week.

I know there were times multi and I gave each other digs, other times she managed my song title blog sites when I was too busy to alphabetize it myself, and she suggested numerous blog topics for me to write about. She also became much like the twin sister we always joked that we, as Scorpio woman, were.   I'll miss her in ways I'm just beginning to realize. Her outgoing personality, outrageous sense of humor and embracing hug made her a popular favorite at our backyard group gatherings.

Many of us have special memories of Multi, please share yours.

Comments

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Roe, I knew of four. You're one up on me as usual.

Whitney, hope all is well with you.

wmathews 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh wow - I'm so sorry to hear about this. Miss you guys and thinking bout all of you and Multi.

Rockylynn,

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Multi. Still, she and Roe were tight and no reason she wouldn't get the kick in divulging that info to him.

So, Roe. How many did she share she had? We don't need names (although that would be swell!), just a total would be fun.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks, Pyw. Stay safe yourself. I fear the big issue, not uncommon, will be fires.

Slick slept in bed with my son last night and laid beside him on the couch this evening while he was studying. Slowly but surely he will take will take over our hearts and house. ;()

I'll post photos once he is more comfortable. He's gorgeous!

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks for the update! You're right--those kitties should assimilate in good time and feel right at home.

As an aside, everybody have a safe and fun 4th (if it's possible to do both!). I'm a pyro, myself, but observe fairly stringent safety measures. My grown kids? I shudder to think.... Probably as foolish as I was in my 20s.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

No word on the puters but should find out more this afternoon. She brought the AC unit I'd loaned multi recently back too. If anyone hears of someone needing it, let me know. It has helped two families this summer. I'd like it to keep helping.

Camper said Sugar dissappeared as soon as he got him home, and he luckily found his hiding spot behind golf bags in a closet. He was going to put the food and water (and toilet facility) close at hand. Mr. Slick has been hiding under our largest couch in his separate apartment. He let me pet him when he first came out of the kennel, but I only see him now when I peer under the sofa.

In time I expect they'll both be rubbing around legs and purring up a storm.

Once they are out and about, photos will be shared.

I don't believe there were any dogs at present likely due to Multi's illness and having to be in the hospital so much.

LadyJ 1 year, 9 months ago

So how was the first night? I took in two cats but originally only took one to begin with. He meowed for hours wanting the other one, so I went and got the other one. But they had been together for many years.

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

Excellent news! Hope you will post pics of Slick and Sugar! Does the friend who brought them have any info on the dog and the computers?

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Hehe, I guess you know I can't access that link from my iPhone now! A dog named Rhonda, yeah, it kinda makes sense. :)

So Slick and Sugar arrived and sugar is on his way home with Camper as we speak.

Sugar is small and slight, almost a lemon color. Very very pretty. Slick isn't just large, he's long long long. He is a beautiful shiny short haired charcoal gray. We are happy to have them to begin their new lives.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Lol. Geez, while I'm away...

I don't believe I want to be spayed for sure (or is that fur sure). Nurtured is always nice. Petting is...ok, I'll stop.

Our little pets arrive in about an hour. I shouldn't say little, apparently Slick weighs 15 lbs., which is three times the weight of my smallest alpa Maltese who thinks he's king kong. Won't his life be changed!!!

Mult's friend is a doll. She took Slick in for shots and de lousing yesterday. She is also bringing the food they are used to eating and litter. She done good!

Roe, it's a closee cuzin indeed whoz prvevents another frum a snippin. I steel so sory I did not get there in time fur ya. ;(

LadyJ 1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry Rhonda, apologizing in advance, but I just can't resist. http://lawrence.craigslist.org/pet/3108310838.html

Focus

In and out of focus Like leaf    lily pad A touch of breeze  dries tears from cheek Moment by moment Life unfurls  Makes itself known through nature  Billowing cloud  puffs   tugs movement through  time     space  Closer    ever  closer     to you Presence surrounds  Envelopes your essence warm     upon neck artery sustain  each shallow breath  a little longer  Birds sing it as do crickets  and horned toad This is life    feel it  Allow it  It won't last long There'll always  be a time to go  hold on a little longer  Rejoice knowing  all feel     hear    sing  rhythmic life pulses  Allow them to Reverberate through your flesh There will come a time to let it go For now     feel

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Camper, sugar and you will be a nice fit. I'll be able, along with the rest of the backyarders and multitude of Multi fans, to remain connected with a life sorely missed.

Thanks, Grammaddy. I hope things are going well for you.

grammaddy 1 year, 9 months ago

So sad. RIP Multi.Thank you for a wonderful blog Ronda. She is truly missed.

camper 1 year, 9 months ago

I think the shy cat sugar will be a good roomate. Will bring him in......tell the landlord later ): Should be fine. I've even got a couch that he can use as a scratch pad.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

So rumor has it that Camper just failed the background test and is taking the other cat. It is named Sugar and will be one in August. It is quite shy and reclusive. I'm certain Camper can play the right music to get Sugar dancing.

I'm thankful they both have homes. I guess Slick weighs a mighty 15 lbs!

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Camper, that comment disturbs me somehow. I think it's time to run a background check on the godfathers. No worries, Roe, you've already failed so you're in.

Roe, it's the sombrero photo that identified you in the last line up. It didn't help that you kept twirling your gun - that was your gun, right? Well, it could a been a rifle... It was large. Oh, never mind. Go wash your hands.

Pyw, I'm excited to meet Slick. I smile every time l say his name. There is the fear that Roe can now blackmail us too....being a godfather from the couzin line of blue bloods who turned yellow during one of the family feuds.

camper 1 year, 9 months ago

Glad to be a Godfather. And glad Multi's cat is raised. Not sure I did a good job with my feline "Pip" (God rest her soul). Played with her too much with ski gloves on. It did develop her strength though.

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

I think it is utterly slick that you're taking one of her cats, Ronda. :-) It's wonderful that good people are looking out for her critters. I hope Roe gets the computers, one way or another. She probably had enough stored on there for Roe to write one helluva biography--or semi-biographical novel. I think he'd do a great job of it.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

ummm, . . . . Why yes, now that you mention it, that IS a gun in my pocket!

(but Ima still glad to see ya!)

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Lol, yeah but he's got that softy side too. Lots of guns..... Think of how many cuzins this cat will have...cuzin autie has been twice removed from the doggonit side of the fam lee.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

So I hear our newest family member is a nurtured male about a year and a half old. He's a long haired grey like our Persian Tedy. Tedy is very laid back so no worries about his adjustment. Our Maltese yap at anything but live up and the cats can do and go wherever they want. Mostly Tedy enjoys the lower apartment.

Get this. This cat was named Slick! How Multi is that? The kids immediately said they want Nevada for the name. They go well together - Nevada Slick - we'll call him Slick.

Simla - you're acting Godmother and Roe, Ron, Camper and pianoman are Godfathers. I'll get photos posted at some point.

Lady, sorry pain has been such an issue in your life as well. I'm finding there is a lot of chronic pain out there and not much relief. My MS triggers my pain and anti seizure meds worked great except for the side effects that cause bleeding and other alarming problems. Mostly nothing made a dent.

Peaches, Jay and Ferris, thanks for caring enough to stop in.

Smila 1 year, 9 months ago

Ronda - I am glad to hear that you are taking the grey cat and that the yellow one also found a home. A friend of Multi's had asked me to take the yellow one but I was afraid he would be too tramautized by Panda (dog). I look forward to meeting the grey cat. I know Multi will rest easier knowing her pets are being cared for.

Dixie Jones 1 year, 9 months ago

while i didnt know Muiti other than her post on LJW i enjoyed her post and her information she provided. RIP Multi you will be missed greatly.

jaywalker 1 year, 9 months ago

God Speed, Multi! I always enjoyed our interactions, would have loved meeting you in person. My kind of people, she was.

ferrislives 1 year, 9 months ago

Very sad indeed. Thanks for letting all of us know.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Two cats, a large outgoing gray will come home to me this weekend and the timid one has a home with an elderly woman once it comes out of hiding.

I'll make sure I keep everyone aware of how my new friend adjusts. You can have visitation privileges.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm checking on the computers now, Roe! Thinking of out bidding you. ;) Wait a minute, as tech challenged as I am, I wouldn't be able to access anything anyway.

I'll let all know what I find out about pets.

Pyw, as I recall, she attributed much of her pain to being born a premie and nerves not developing normally. The slightest touch caused her immense pain at times - massage was unbareable. I don't think much of anything helped with the pain either. And I've also found on a personal level that life losses truly aggravate physical pain. I believe that is one place where she and Roe and I connect. The pain rarely stops. If I'm in motion, the pain is less. Sometimes those in the moment moments when I'm writing poetry helps me 'forget' or not feel for a brief time. I like to think writing worked that way for Multi and hope it does for Roe.

Lady, I have poems of my ex's that I need to put into book form - it's wonderful to have someone's words. I learned as much about his loves and life experiences from those poems than I ever knew while he was alive.

Words- pain and pleasure extreme.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Ronda and Pywacket - Multi had a neighbor, a handyman type who mowed her yard, made minor repairs around the place and helped her get to appointments toward the end. I'm sure he and his wife have been helping tie up some of the loose ends or would be contacting people to help with pet relocating and other needs. One thing she discussed with me was what to do with her computers. She laughingly said she wanted me to have them as there were things on it she wouldn't want others to see and use. As prolific a writer/blogger and filer of info as she was, I'm sure there are volumes of material her life story could be written from. Heck, I'm thinkin' this ole cuzin could take over a third world country with all that info . . . if you knows what I mean!

I doubt that I will ever see those computers, but if I did I could probably spend the rest of my life laughing, crying and being in awe of all she had in them. Maybe a little shocked too, but who knows . . . .

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks, Ronda.... Not sure anyone else would agree about the good-natured part--especially my family when they tick me off! :-) I'm glad you have inquired about her pets. I think if they are safely settled, Multi's spirit will rest easier.

While she had a youngish persona, it kind of surprises me that she was no older than she was. I guess I am just used to people in such poor health being elderly--it's kind of a shock when they're close to my own age. Over the years, I think she discussed a lot of her health problems here but I can't remember what all had her in such a bad place at such a relatively young age. Very unfair of the universe, whatever it was!

And I hope you're right--and that a fabulous manuscript will be found and published. She certainly had the wit and way with words to pull off a book.

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

Very sorry to learn of this sad news. I had noticed some time ago that Multi didn't post any more but just figured she'd moved on to the Wichita Eagle--or had gotten feisty enough to get herself banned here.

She and I connected over dogs and emailed from time to time in the past. I gave her my real email account and shared my real name, which gave her paroxysms of laughter once she connected who I was with ..... something that surprised her very much. She gave me a fake name but told me it was fake.

I didn't know her real name until now (pretty easy to figure out from the obits). I never understood the allure of coming up with various aliases and posting names. I suspected a few were her from the writing style and certain little vendettas a poster would have that corresponded with things I knew had bugged her, but I never asked and she never volunteered... Maybe it was her version of performance art or a way to wrest some control out of a world in which she had too little.

She tried to coax me into attending some of the backyard get-togethers but they always seemed to coincide with other things that were going on, so I never made it to one. I regret not having met her in person.

I remember her mentioning her falling-out with you, Ronda, but our correspondence tapered off after a while and I never knew that you had mended fences. I'm glad to read here that you did--that must be a great source of comfort to you now.

I never understood her obsession with archiving and rehashing threads and trying to revive those that had been disappeared(edededed), but that was her thing... She got something out of it--amusement, human-interest studies, something to fill time... She tried to get me on the bandwagon, emailing me about suspected resurfacing of banned personalities and such, but I didn't respond much to that. My favorite discussions with her were about dogs or obscure topics.

Speaking of dogs, the first thing I thought when I started reading this post was, What will become of her pets?! I don't remember how many dogs she had or if she also had any cats but I know she loved furry critters. Not knowing the circumstances of her death, I worry that she might not have had a chance to place them safely in loving homes. I hope she had time to do that, which would have given her great peace of mind toward the end.

I am glad to have known Multi, even if our acquaintance was limited and abbreviated. She was funny and shrewd and filled with curiosity. The world could use more souls like that!

thebcman 1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you, Ronda, for sharing this info. Multi was one of my all-time favorite LJW comment artists. I missed her very much when she stopped posting. It is weird how you can feel such sadness for the death of someone you never physically met. Rest in peace, Multi .. and I hope to meet you in another realm.

g_rock 1 year, 9 months ago

It is sad losing a member of one of my favorite netmunities and wishing I had known her better. But you know what? I bet she would enjoy all of the reminiscing. Many smiles reading this. And Thanks Ronda.

You know that you all brighten my day nearly every day, right? Just felt the need to say that. Even you silly folk. Thanks.

Smila 1 year, 9 months ago

I love reading all the good things everyone is saying about Multi.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Yes, it is, consumer1. Hopefully the saddness will go its way and leave the fun memories.

consumer1 1 year, 9 months ago

Rhonda, This is such sad news. Goodbye Multi. Rest in peace.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Jonas, that's quite an undertaking about the book. Congrats on that. Learning to surf sounds awesome - particularly in this heat in land locked Kansas. I heard Hill City had the world high yesterday at 115. It's gotta be close again today. Stay cool.

Rodent, yeah, it's difficult to hear this news. I'm glad you too had a chance to know her shining personality. She touched an amazing amount of lives. Take good care.

rodentgirl16 1 year, 9 months ago

Aww, this made me so sad! I post comments intermittently so I never knew if anyone even paid attention. Then, one day I got a PM from multi about why I called myself "rodentgirl." Apparently, she had rats in the past and thought they were sweet little creatures. :) Every so often, she would send me an interesting tidbit about how rats were being used to sniff out bombs, or if she found an especially cute photo. She made me feel so welcome. Rest easy, sweet soul.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Prospector, 'she is now.....in my pants'

Jonas, I wondered when you'd come on. I feel as though I know you better because of Multi. I believe she shared info of several people with me to a limited and positive amount. Hope life is good.

prospector 1 year, 9 months ago

She was a swell gal and will be missed.

Have you been on any fun or memorable field trips... in my pants?

Peace

Ralph Gage 1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you, Ronda. And the commenters also.

camper 1 year, 9 months ago

Nice blog. It is making many feel better I'm sure. Nice to see the funny stories and tribute. I'm sure Multi would want it this way.

jonas_opines 1 year, 9 months ago

:( Haven't talked to her, or many on here to any great length, in a long time, but it's always sad for us left behind.

But, regarding the wishes to RIP . . . . Multi always struck me as one who would rather RIA, rest in activity. Peace can get awfully boring to those who like to be doing.

sassypants 1 year, 9 months ago

RIP Multi. Thanks for lending an ear when I needed it. Good friend indeed!!

CWGOKU 1 year, 9 months ago

She was one of the first, if not the first to contact me about a comment I made and it made me feel welcome. She will be missed, in more than one way and for quite some time.

Jonathan Kealing 1 year, 9 months ago

What terrible news. I'm traveling in China now so I'm only now learning the news. What a sad thing to see when logging into LJWorld for the first time in several days.

Multi was always a huge help to me in knowing the ins and outs of the LJ comments, from long before I arrived on the scene. We've stayed in touch since I left and her comments were always appreciated. My favorite Multi story, though, is the time that she sent me a Free State Brewery gift certificate. I'd had a particularly challenging work week, both with comments and regular-old-work stuff, and had posted something about it to Twitter. Multi saw it and took it on herself to send me $20 to the brewery. The food and beer I had, courtesy of Multi, was oh so sweet.

Multi was one of the good once. God rest her soul.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Lady, I wouldn't be surprised about anything she did in the name of pulling one over on us.

Roe, good ones! And I believe I suckered into that blog with Obama in my pants. Hehe And it's actually the Republicans 'm trying to keep out of my bedroom - well, there is McCain.....

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

And who can forget Multi's "in my pants" blog, where you took a current headline and added "in my pants" to it. Like today's OTS . . . . . . Have you been on any fun or memorable field trips . . . in my pants?

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

"sank4ever 3 years, 2 months ago (says)

look this is getting stupid, check it out, there are no other women, just me, and the people claiming to know my husband is probably there car he was driving, i was in the car i know what happend. so these people wanna talk crap but what they do and what they are doing is far worse than wat my husband could ever do, and i wont air there dirty laundry but they know and GOD knows its wrong. an poor white trash, no thats the people claim to say they are my husbands cousin, well if thats the case where were you at xmas time cause you wasnt at my house and every cousin he has and family was there. anywho, just be grateful no one was hurt and that its over with, i realize this is drama for the town of lawrence but for real its not that serious. thank you certain people for your support during this time and to hell with the people that dont thats why we all have opinions.nobody knows my husband but me and our real family. thank you and god bless"

How could you not fall for a girl like that? ;-)

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

When anna was doing her blogs Multi helped me to see anna's side of the story . . . so I backed off of my rant. Besides, I'm more of a sank4ever kind of guy!!

Roland Gunslinger 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm glad she made the effort to contact me via Facebook. She definitely had a great sense of humor. She will be missed.

labmonkey 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm sad to hear of her passing. She always treated me nice and was a good source to find out what was really going on. RIP.

kcwarpony 1 year, 9 months ago

I am very sorry to hear of MD’s passing. She was truly one of a kind. We exchanged private messages for a short time but life got in the way and I wasn’t able to keep up with her. A missed opportunity on my part.

May your journey to the spirit world be peaceful.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Roe, are you SURE you never went out with anna - or undercover with her? ; ()

Sooo, yes, River, I now have copywrite rights for my coined term.

Favorite memory of multi - she had so many differing online personalities, that I'm relieved when each of you makes an appearance. That tells me you're still here!

Multi shared several of her personas with me. I got the biggest blast when she would be one persona asking herself as multi out. It was hysterical. I mean who has that type of mind!

And remember when she was the stat guys and Kealing was going to the stat guy for statistics and she was just making everything up. Hehe.

Who knows how many times she fooled us.

LadyJ 1 year, 9 months ago

Loved reading the biscuit blog. Enjoyed seeing bearded_gnome's comments. I got a chuckle out of remembering when AnnaUndercover invited us both out. She invited me out for coffee and later invited multi out for tea. We had a good conversation over that one. I remember we wondered if she ever invited Roe out to meet her.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Scott, just have someone let me know and I'll blog you into infinity and beyond. Maybe we can write our own blogitchuary to have ready.

scott3460 1 year, 9 months ago

Gone, but not forgotten..... not a bad legacy.

How will it go for each of us when it is our turn?

roadwarrior 1 year, 9 months ago

awwwww.......it's just too sad. Peace Multi.

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

Keep trying Roe. I only been lurkin 'round here for a coupla years even though my sign-up date sez otherwise. I'd sure like to read this stuff of legend.

I remember a multi post about last year's sidewalk sale. Hilarious stuff! Sure glad I had a taste of her blogging ability.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

It's heart warming to see how many people loved her. She would be so genuinely surprised and touched.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi once told me, every time a person posts he leaves a footprint. With enough footprints you can follow them to their source. In my humble opinion . . . . . . . . . . . yes. Apply as needed.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Roe and autie, twice to post and three times to remove. Yeah, I don't remember who the trouble maker was when I posted my cornbread blog, but someone sent a message to me and said why don't you just put the tittle in all caps. I thought that was a fine suggestion, and I did just that. I've always been a competitive person. That was actually one bone of contention between multi and myself. Call us Alpha babes or don't call us at all. ;)

So in other words, Roe. If you post the biscuit blog, the cornbread one is going up too!

Did_I,

Yes, she befriended many or most of us. A very maternal person she was. That was a cute button. I can see her wearing it and pulling it off like a champ.

Kathy Getto 1 year, 9 months ago

Our last conversation was, as always, uplifting for me. Multi was one of the most caring people I have had the pleasure of knowing. She helped me through some health trials of my own with her knowledge and wonderful sense of humor. She will be greatly missed.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Well Damn! I foundededed O_Bob's blog and have tried to post it twice but it don't happen!

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

It was the shortest blog in the history of LJW. The OBob said, "I like me a hot buttered biscuit" or something close to that. I paraphrase...but that was it....one brief sentence with a verb and noun and a couple of other words....over 300 comments...I would have to research to see if that was when the cornbread came in...but...maybe,,,,damn it. Rodondo....I cain't remember.

pizzapete 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm sorry to hear we've lost one of the good ones. Judging by the responses here she was obviously a positive force and a light in many peoples lives. RIP Multi

blue73harley 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi and I also exchanged many jokes by email. I kind of lost track of her in recent years as my work hours changed taking me away from the prime time at OTS.

RIP Multi.

Paul Decelles 1 year, 9 months ago

Sad,

I will miss Multi's wonderfully off beat sense of humor.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 9 months ago

Wow ... I can't believe the emotion that I feel for someone who was otherwise anonymous to me.

Multi, as she did with many, took me under her wing when I first started blogging. She gave great advice, provided links to good reference sites, and - most important - tried to keep me in line.

I found a slogan button a while back that I sent to multi as a thank-you for her kindness. It had a saying on it that multi was fond of using. I will end by wishing multi the content of that slogan.

Multi, as you find your final rest, I hope that you are: "Happier Than a Puppy With Two Peters."

camper 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi had personality for sure. That is what made her one of a kind.

Boston,

Let's keep this respectful and on topic, please. The person you speak of lit a candle on her behalf and feels much the same loss as the rest of us.

Peace

Boston_Corbett 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh, all of the transcripts and motion icons that she must have left on her machine.

Where will we go for reference material if the nine-fingered bandit or the non-architect re-surface?

(Multi is laughing now)

Ceal,

Did you know that my iPhone automaticly corrected you to veal? ;)

I hope you will be better in all ways soon and please become active again. And ya know, if you live in our area, you're always welcome to join us at a backyard event. We will be scheduling another one in July.

Yes, we have many good people who truly have made my life better and have become the closest of friends. I'm blessed to have met so many through this mad means.

puddleglum 1 year, 9 months ago

What a shame. She will be missed....my words exactly

puddleglum

Ceallach 1 year, 9 months ago

I usually managed to stay on Multi's good side :) She will definitely be missed. I believe she is now reunited with the loved ones she so sorely missed while she was here without them.

I haven't been able to post on a regular basis for quite a while. Just popped by to see what was going on and POW; seeing the headline made me so sad. As I read the posts they verify that all y'all are a great bunch of people. I certainly miss reading about and laughing over your shenanigans!

Ceal---

beatrice 1 year, 9 months ago

What a shame. She will be missed.

Rest in peace multi.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Lady, not sure about who started it. I think O_Bob wrote a blog about biscuits and then I tried to top it with cornbread beats out biscuits (which got me an amazing and free cookbook from crescent dragon), but whatever was going on, multi instigated and encouraged in many many ways. Yep, she loved her pets.

Smila 1 year, 9 months ago

I think that was between Ronda and The Original Bob

LadyJ 1 year, 9 months ago

Wasn't it multi that started the whole biscuits and gravy or cornbread thing?

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Dancemom, she loved your interaction. We had a blast on our backyard blog with you. I was telling Schula recently that I need to do another one - so many changes for all of us. I'll do it for multi and post soon.

LadyJ 1 year, 9 months ago

I was looking over some of the e-mails we exchanged, mostly funny pet and family stories. She did love animals. She had a lot of life experience, some good and some bad, so she could understand what you were experiencing. I never got around to getting that box of yarn to her that I was saving for her. :(

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Smila works for you, Schula, you're beautiful by any name.

Thanks so much to all of you who have helped me through last night and today. It's good to have such caring and compassionate friends.

Sheila Hooper White 1 year, 9 months ago

So sad:( May she rest in peace. Wish I would of had the chance to meet here. Just the conversations we had on her and through pm, she seemed like a wonderful person. She was definitely one of the first who made me feel welcome on here. Sending a prayer up for her and her family.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi and I actually had the opportunity to discuss which of us would be the first to write a blog on behalf of the other. It's unfortunate that it is so soon and that I'm doing the writing.

Marcy, I too had a falling out with her, as did many of the additional commenters on here leaving messages. It's ok, it isn't always possible to get along with family, but the respect and love is there.

She and I didn't communicate for a year after one such miscommunication. She was the first to break that barrier when she learned of my brother in law's death followed by my ex's death two weeks later a year ago January. She sent a very short email saying something like, 'Jeez, dawg gone it' and my mind flooded with all the losses she had experienced. I knew she completely understood the pain I felt. I sent her a fbook request and she accepted.

I met autie and several of you including Camper, Prospector and Boston for the first time in her company. Likely Matt, Schula, Aisling, and Roe, too.

Another moral, Sarah, absolutely don't wait around, and of course the importance of forgiveness and reaching out. I'm glad we've met.

Ron, the belief that our 'lost' loved ones will be seen again is there - I just hate the wait. I've heard her laughter and comments in my ear as I've written this blog and read the follow up comments. She would be touched, and she is making comments! ;)

Christine Anderson 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi helped me find homes for our cats two years ago when he landlord at the time was a jerk. She loved animals. I too hope she is truly free now of all pain, esp. the emotional pain. Go fly free, Multi.

Smila 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey everyone it is schula -- I had to get a new user name, Smila.

I met Multi and Ronda in December 2008 at my very first backyard event. I made chocolate truffles, to this day she and Ronda always mention how good they were. I was just recently divorced and both of them were a big help to me.

I also traded emails with Multi and attended quite a few backyard events with her. She and Ronda introduced me to Camper and we all had some good times. The backyard events were never quite the same after Multi couldn't travel up to see us.

Rest in peace, Multi. I will surely miss you.

Marcy McGuffie 1 year, 9 months ago

So sorry to hear this - I always hoped I'd meet her in person, someday, even though we had had a bit of a falling out (long stupid story). She was full of spunk and had a wonderful sense of humor and a kind compassion. We exchanged many messages/emails and she always had the ability to make me laugh. Her knack for LJWorld Insider info, was always impressive! RIP, Multi. You will most definitely be missed.

autie 1 year, 9 months ago

She did have a way with finding 'stuff' on the interwebs. Interesting soul with an interesting character. I guess sooner or later we all get forked in the end. vaya con dios

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

I traded quite a few emails with Multi after she moved away and always looked forward to hearing from her. I was involved in the dog sledding meltdown up to my neck and felt bad about the end result but Multi sent me a series of missives that were reassuring, hilarious and outrageous -all at the same time. Goodbye, Multi. I'll see ya in the stars someday.

acg 1 year, 9 months ago

Aw that sux! RIP Multi. You will be greatly missed.

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

One of the best on this site. Wish I'd jumped in the fray sooner to have experienced more of her wit & charm. From what I gather, she is well deserving of these many accolades. Hooray for her. & may she be at peace.

Sarah St. John 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi was helpful to me in some OHT-related ways and we exchanged several emails on various topics. I have been to a few of Ronda's gathering of Backyardigans, but unfortunately, Multi was not present on those particular evenings. I was still looking forward to meeting her face-to-face and now I will not have that chance, at least not on this side of the great divide. As usual, this serves as a reminder to me to stop putting things off -- I could have gotten in touch more than I did, and sooner.

Multi, I enjoyed your comments and your emails, and I'll miss you.

Finnbar1 1 year, 9 months ago

may all those whose life was touched by Multi be wrapped in the white light of peace, comfort, compassion and laughter.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 9 months ago

I exchanged a few lengthy Facebook private messages with Multi. One time I urged her to attend one of the backyard group gatherings when she was going to maybe be in town, and her answer was that she didn't think she could make it. And then, I was very surprised to see someone there that I didn't know, and I was introduced to her. I was seated next to her and we talked quite a lot, and as I recall the situation, we got a bit racy there! It was fun.

Unfortunately, I saw her only one time after that, and it was no more than a brief wave as a friend of hers and I loaded an air conditioner into the back of a car. She was borrowing it from Ronda. There seemed to be no time, her friend was in a hurry, and so was my friend, who was in a hurry to get to Chanute, Kansas for her family reunion.

So, my last memory of Multi is only a very brief wave from the front seat of a car.

I am very sure that death is not the end of our existence, and I don't understand why so many other people are not clearly aware of that. It is true that our physical bodies will cease to function, and then rot into the dust that our bodies were composed of before our birth on planet Earth.

Death is no more than the shedding of the part of ourselves that binds us to this Earthly existence in this vale of tears. And then, our souls, spirits, or whatever you want to call it, is set free.

It was there all along. Multi, we will meet again.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Roe, you were always funny, trust me! ;)

Many of the rest of us have learned important life lessons from your relationship on and off line with Multi. I know you meant the world to her.

I sincerely believe one of the most important gifts we can give our friends is the gift of laughter. Both you and multi never hesitate to give us laughs and often at your own expense. Multi also gave me much to cry about. Her life was one of mega losses and a great deal of pain. Still, I greatly respect that she managed to keep her sense of humor to the end.

trinity 1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you for being you Multi; rest in peace, now. This place isn't the same without you.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 9 months ago

We've lost one of the best. RIP, Multi.

camper 1 year, 9 months ago

Many are feeling the loss of you Multi. You were kind, warm, and inclined to praise others. A beautiful person and a good friend. I (we) are going to miss you. You were in good spirits the last conversation. Takes a strong and wise person to achieve that.

thepianoman 1 year, 9 months ago

RIP Multi. You were neat. One of a kind. I'll always remember your crazy sense of humor. You will be missed, friend.

Boston_Corbett 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi knew secrets about the LJW forums that she shared with some of us.

Kealing should have hired her to be the "brute enforcer" on the forum.

Remember the melt-down that someone had about dog-sledding one time? :) I think that is the one that got flushed by JK and thus created the "Free the Blog" movement.

Of course this also had to do something with someone involved in the controversial practice of cross-breading of wolves and dogs.

Multi produced an actual copy of the dogs in question, from a commercial dating site, believe it or not. I was amazed.

♣Free the Blog! Woof, Woof♣

aandpfarm 1 year, 9 months ago

Well I am at a true loss for words........Goodby Multi and God rest your weary soul.

Gootsie 1 year, 9 months ago

I always stole my funniest posts from her. Bless you Multi. I miss you.

Alia Ahmed 1 year, 9 months ago

I will miss Multi and her wonderful sense of humor, tolerance and stories about life in the Flint Hills. Go in peace, Multi!

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Multi (and Ronda) were the first posters to make me feel welcome on this website. They would laugh at me when I wasn't that funny and get me told when I was crossing the line. They helped me become the roadapple I am today. Having become real world friends with them put a face on every comment they made. I will miss multi and look forward to a lasting friendship with Ronda.

♣rest in peace Multi♣

Ronda Miller 1 year, 9 months ago

Please remember to be as respectful of her privacy at this time as you were required to be previous to her death, and as you'd like to be respected. Thank you.