LJWorld.com weblogs At Random

Saturday, April 14th, READ-OUT, SING-OUT, SPEAK-OUT, ACT-OUT, DANCE-OUT On EARTHCARE Schedule of Events

Well known local poet and educator, Beth Schultz has once again been instrumental in compiling an exciting list of presenters for the fifth annual Earthcare celebration. Presenters will have approximately ten minutes each in which to celebrate good old Mother Earth in about any means they care to.

The following is the list of performers and the times they will perform on the east side of South Park, Lawrence, Kansas, opening with Schultz at nine a.m.

9:00 am Opening: Beth Schultz

10:50 am EARTHDAY PARADE

11:40 am Jerry Jost-- Speaking on Kansas Land Trust

11:50 am Cleta La Brie

12:00 pm Mary McCoy -- Reading on Sandhill Cranes

12:10 pm Kelly Barth -- Reading

12:20 pm Laura Caldwell -- Presentation on Kansas Rivers

12:30 pm Group Poetry Reading includes: Iris Wilkinson, Dixie Lubin, Micki Carroll, Kimberli Eddins, Libby Tempero and Louie Gallaway followed by Iris Wilkinson in separate poems

12:40 pm Micki Carroll -- Reading Poetry

3:20 pm Stephanie Barrows-- Reading Poetry

3:30 pm Loring Henderson--Reading

3:40 pm Dee Miller -- Kyoto Solar Cook Stove Demo

3:50 pm Stan Roth reading Paul Jantzen

4:00 pm Soka Gakkai International -- Dramatic Presentation

4:10 pm Elm Dance – Led by Joan Stone

(Reminder): Approximately thirty poets gather from across Kansas in Emporia at 7 p.m., Saturday evening, April 14th, at the Emporia State University Memorial Union (Room Lower 048), for a reading of BEGIN AGAIN: 150 Kansas Poems, the ongoing renga project, singing of "Home On the Range" and a request that the Arts Funding in Kansas be restored.

Comments

schula 2 years, 10 months ago

I am sorry that I will miss this event. I hope you have good weather and nice turn out.

Ronda Miller 2 years, 10 months ago

Thanks, Schula. I'm hoping to be a party to it during the morning, but I'll need to leave before my scheduled reading time in order to be in Emporia for another event - Kansas Authors Club followed by the BEGIN AGAIN reading.

It looks like we may be in for some stormy weather, but at least it will be much warmer than our reading last year! Brrr!

There are numerous other events at South park I'm hoping to catch as well.

And you'll be getting wedding rings sized! Cool and congrats to you both. :)

camper 2 years, 10 months ago

Should be an excellent day at the park. Last year's event was very good.

Ronda Miller 2 years, 10 months ago

Lol, Camper. I remember all too well how frigid it was! Yikes! I also remember how my close friends and daughter got up early and froze sitting there listening and offering support. Thank you!

My time has just been changed to accommodate my needs, so I hope to see you tomorrow!