LJWorld.com weblogs At Random

A Birthday Poem for Jay_lo

Sing it high, sing it low

Sing it as you tie a bow

Shout it from the tops of trees,

or bubble it from below the seas.

Sing it in unison or all alone,

gather as a group outside his home.

Thank his mother for giving him birth

along with his father from whom he

inherited mirth.

Thank the doctor who cut his cord.

Hold hands and praise the Lord

for giving us an amazing man

who shares his poetry throughout our land.

He makes us smile, he makes us think,

he writes poetry quick as a wink.

He's kind, he's good, he's funny -

If he wasn't married he'd be MY honey!

So now it's time to say the words,

but words alone are for the birds.

For none can ever truly express

his humor, laugher, or tenderness.

A simple, 'Happy Birthday, Jay_lo!'

must suffice, many happy returns, now kiss your wife!

Comments

Ronda Miller 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm glad you're well I'm glad you're fine Good you'll party another time

Wish you lived much closer I'd love to be your neighbor To pass out in your yard after the kegger

Hope presents you still are getting But birthday week makes more fun bash As long as your house you do not trash

Jay_lo 2 years, 7 months ago

No hangover Throbbing head Arise at Four So early bed

Work on birthday No day of rest Party postpone Is the best

Different answer Sunday morn though Cause Saturday night The beer will flow

Will tap a keg Party with friends When beer runs out The party ends

Yes birthday come Just once a year Still no way I drink Whole keg of beer!!!

Ronda Miller 2 years, 7 months ago

Hung over today Birthday boy, Jay? Aren't you glad it's only once a year When you drink that entire keg of beer? :)

And, yes, I'm able to sign in again. Thanks, Jonathan!

Beachlady 2 years, 7 months ago

Great thankfulness poem, Jay Lo, and thanks for including me! Glad you enjoyed your Reggae Birthday Song. Again, Happy Birthday, and many, many more!

Jay_lo 2 years, 7 months ago

Beachlady please yourself include In the thankfulness I did exude Your Reggae wishes were a treat My first birthday tune with a Reggae beat

Thanks for passing It along I truly did enjoy The song!

Jay_lo 2 years, 7 months ago

Thank you all for birthday wishes From Beatles, Chipmunks, Wormy Bitches Poems that come deep from the heart Thank you all for taking part

You don't know How much I care That you all took Some time to share

A little of yourselves This way To wish for me A special day

Ronda sweetheart Schula too Roe so good To hear from you

Rockchalker, Camper Lovelane_1 Thanks for sharing In the fun

My birthday wish I hope comes true To someday Meet with all of you

Kontum thanks For comments sweet You too I hope Someday to meet

The greatest joy Of life to live Is to meet new friends With much to give

For if alone Man passes years Then birthdays bring Nothing but tears

But if with friends Both old and new He shares his time He's never blue

With one more year Upon the shelf My friends mean more Than life itself

They fill my life Complete the plan Bring tears of joy To this old man

Thank you all so very much for being a part of my life and touching my heart!

Beachlady 2 years, 7 months ago

Happy Birthday, Jay Lo! Hope you have a terrific day! Here's a Reggae Birthday Song for you. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ra1Y6...

camper 2 years, 7 months ago

Happy Birthday Jay Lo, Sound like a good man, We'd do well to know.

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

Happy Birthday to a champion song blogger. (hint, hint, RoeDapple)

lonelane_1 2 years, 7 months ago

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. I'll leave the real poetry writing to you. Happy Birthday!

schula 2 years, 7 months ago

Happy, happy birthday Jay_lo! May you have a fantastic day!