LJWorld.com weblogs At Random

Why Bristol the Pistol deserves the win on Dancing With the Stars

Like it or not, it appears politics are mixing it up wherever we turn. For some, there is no more obvious proof than turning on your favorite television show - Dancing With the Stars.

So what has some viewers so fired up they're shooting their television or claiming the Tea Party has spilled over where they shouldn't? The answer is Bristol Palin. Bristol the pistol is standing up to her nickname and showing viewers and critics alike that she has much of the spunk her mother holds. Genetics or environment? Perhaps some of both.

Regardless, I'm one viewer who supports her continued success even though I figured Brandi would dance away with the win.

I found myself inwardly hoping Bristol would remain on the show for several reasons: she was the underdog with no stardom behind her name, no dancing lessons, limited stage presence and honestly it was just plan shocking and amusing because she was pretty lame in the beginning.

Talk about mass voting by Tea Party supporters has made it interesting and the debate that the real issue is many just plain identify with this simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman who appears to be turning from an ugly duckling and into a lovely swan right before our eyes.

Then there's that underlying thought directed towards her jerk of an ex boyfriend and father of her young son - eat your heart out loser!

I saw Bristol has shown without a doubt that she's changed and grown the most as a dancer. The show has often been about that as well as a popularity contest. Bristol, you've got my vote!

Comments

Scott Drummond 4 years, 7 months ago

In the opinion of those who don't favor political whorishness, there are 147,843,664 hotter moms than Sarah Palin in the US.

Scott Drummond 4 years, 7 months ago

I suspect the DWTS demographic is heavily republican. Smart people don't enjoy watching D-list "celebrities" "dance."

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Have you checked what shows the smart democrats are watching? The Kardashians. Now how's that for proof of brains. Besides, we all know dems can't dance. Too much hand and eye and feet coordination.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Then they're watching the kardasians why? I am not going to knock it as I'm a registered democrat, haven't seen it and don't believe in grouping people by political preference, race, religion, sex, culture, even college education as a means of intelligence. But I can appreciate how someone like yourself might. Lol

3: Maybe they will name a tea after her

4: Because I voted for her. . . 342 times

So who is hotter Mom or daughter Like em or not Sarah and Bristol are hot

The girl is dancing up a storm. I hear Obama's eldest daughter will be on once she turns 18. Lol - not.

Kirk Larson 4 years, 7 months ago

Not is right. She'll be too busy not getting knocked up and going off to college where I'm sure she'll be brilliant.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I haven't read much about either of Obama's daughters but they should go far. Lovely and intelligent women with super parenting. I've been pleased to see how well Chelsea has done and I'd suspect they will as well. How hard to be in the public eye and judged by so many - dancing or not. :)

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Proud to be lame there, BABBOY! Mostly from carrying the likes of you for my entire working career! You're welcome!

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Excuse me Bobberboy, you say I have what for brains? Why a comment like that could get you disapearededed . . . oh, yeah. hahaha!

BruceWayne 4 years, 7 months ago

"she was the underdog with no stardom behind her name" then why is it called dancing with the stars?

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Uh, because the rest of them are stars. Bristol is the daughter of a 'star' and she has become one in her own right.

BruceWayne 4 years, 7 months ago

causing McCain to lose the election does not a "star" make. Just like the 2 day junior journalism class does not a writer make.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Maybe not, Brucie but being critiqued by you does.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Did_I_Say_That, did you just say Bruce had a big tushie? :^)

Kelly Johnson 4 years, 7 months ago

I've wondered that before, myself, not just this season. I always thought the idea was that there were professional dancers paired with "stars." In the first few seasons that's how it was. Then last season in particular when Kate Gosselin was picked to be on there I knew my idea was wrong, because she's certainly no star. Ronda's explanation makes sense to me.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Good point about Kate. I think we need to remember that for some a star means anyone who is famous for any reason. For some, not for me, that is an athlete. For another it is a soap star, a singer, child of a politician, or a comedienne. Now if they'd throw some favorite authors in! :)

They also were smart enough to appreciate how many people Bristol would bring in. Lovers or haters.

ilovelucy 4 years, 7 months ago

Sigh. That's all I can say. Sigh. Not surprising at all coming from Ronda.

justmesis 4 years, 7 months ago

I agree with you! She is not an actress,dancer or had any background in either. She has shown a vast improvement as the weeks go on. She didn't start out already a dancer or performer. Both Brandi and Jennifer have these backgrounds to fall back on and project to the audience. Even the young man ( can't think of his name at the moment) has acting and performing skills. Projecting a style, ease, correct form and staying in character has got to be hard. I couldn't do it. So good luck Bristol...I was shocked when Brandi was voted off!

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

My children have a talent for writing (and defending themselves like a mother Grizzly)! Didn't I train them well?

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm fortunate to be friends with many young people - similar to the ages of the Palin girls - on Face book and they all use 'the same lingo. I personally went on one site of a fbook young adult friend and talked about the use of the word gay. Many of them use it with no ill intent. For many it holds a differing meaning than it does for us. And the supposed F bomb is a commonly used word these days. Like it or not, the Palins don't own it and didn't create it. They're young ladies growing up much as our other young adults are. Very pretty and self assured I might add.

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

It is not that I find this language unusual. But this is the very same family which was screaming for "family privacy for the kids sake" not too many months ago.

But now the kids are doing commercials, making light of unwed pregnancy, doing reality dancing shows, creating reality family shows, and not having family rules which protect the daughters from posting stupid things on Facebook.

Ronda, your post defends "the young people." I'm not criticizing the daughters.

I am making a point about the parents and parenting.

Misunder,

I appreciate your comments and why you'd find fault but as a parent I also know and appreciate that as they grow up they test family values and hold their own ideals and ideas. That's not to say they won't return to the family values in time.

Let em be kids and hold their own experiments so they can mature. Who knows, they may even vote Democrat! :)

Kendall Simmons 4 years, 7 months ago

Yeah...the hypocracy has me shaking my head. Sarah quits as Governor because of 'privacy' issues and the stress on her family then, as you say, we almost immediately have commercials, TWO reality shows, etc., etc., etc..all for the sake of the Dollar Almighty.

I have nothing against Bristol Palin. (And I don't give two hoots if she wins or loses because I have no interest in the show.)

But, based on Bristol Palin's own words and actions, I sure as heck wouldn't, as did Ronda Miller, call her a "simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman".

Quite frankly I think that's actually an insult to Bristol. It's as though it's irrelevant who she really is. That the only thing that counts is people's fantasy about her. Yeesh.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

If you watched rhe show you'd learn more about her personality and she really does come across as a sweetheart. Very shy and blushing easily.

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

I think acorn nailed your own hypocrisy, Ronda. Totally.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

That being what? Speak more clearly if you have something to say.

Afterall, you're not the only one who is misunderstood or misunderestimated.

That's better. I see why you're number one, Granny

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

The judges aren't berating her - they are saying they're thrilled at her ability to learn the dances and showing improvement in style and facial expression. Glen, 'the touch judge, always states her foot placement is well done and Carrie Ann has hugged her, with tears in her eyes I might add, over 'the joy of seeing her improvement.

The point is the girl who couldn't dance is dancing and holding her own.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I've seen nothing about that - I've caught almost all the shows and they've critiqued her and always been positive about foot placement. This past week she received scores of 9 out of 10 for her first dance from all three judges. That's darn good. Her highest scores ever.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

And overall improvement. She's likely the most improved.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes, her highest scores ever... So how exactly did she survive the other weeks when she had the lowest scores from the judges? Many other contestants have had 10's on numerous occasions. Some of her dances were almost as awkward as Buzz Aldrin's. That gorilla costume dance? OMG-the judges weren't too positive about "foot placement" after that debacle were they? She should have been gone after that week from my perspective.

IMHO, she had/has the sorriest dancing skills of any of the remaining dancers since it was cut down to 8. I don't care how much she's "improved"-she still is not as good at what the show is actually supposed to be evaluating-dancing.

I really don't care whether she wins as it is still just a silly reality TV program. I don't care who her mother is (or whether Mom is Hot/Not, Roe...). Quite honestly, it shouldn't be relevant. Do we care who any other contestant's mother is? I would just like to see the contestants judged objectively by the judges and leave the popularity contest aspect out or at least minimize it's significance to the outcome. If Bristol deserves to win, let it be on the merits. Otherwise the popularity of DWTS could suffer from the polarization this is apparently causing for some viewers.

And yes, I'm still bitter that Erin Andrews didn't win last season...

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I agree about the gorilla suit - I was blushing on her behalf on that one. However, it was her partner who came up with the idea to let her unleash without concern for facial expressions and to just really let go and have fun, 'act' crazy. It seemed to do the trick and she's become more free to emote.

She gets her votes the same as all the other contestants. She isn't the first to be kept on by popular vote - similar to American Idol.

It would be preferable to have viewer vote removed but it's likely why the shows are so widely watched.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes, but see Vertigo's 11:41 post from yesterday, below. Really folks, you are so desperate to have Bristol win, you'll cheat? Where's the concern for voter fraud and personal integrity now?

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I've never voted on this show - I don't have that much at stake. I figure writing blogs about his she should win will put her over the top. Well, as much as your bad mouthing her

lounger 4 years, 7 months ago

This is a sad statement on our times. Who give a Fudge!!!!!!!!

amesn 4 years, 7 months ago

Honestly Bristol's sucess on the show is what the show is really about. Taking an extremely green well know person and teaching them how to dance. Is she a great or even good dancer now? Not really, but she has shown improvement from week 1 till now and that's what really matters. Honestly, starts like Brandy, the Pussy Cat doll from last season, or even the ice skaters have an unfair advantage in my opinion. Ice skating is dancing on ice, and anyone who has seen the Pussycat Dolls perform or seen a music video of theirs, knows they have had special dance training lessons from choreographers. Even watching the train wreck that Kate Gosselin was on there wasn't THAT bad when you stop to consider she is no different than you or I competing on the show! I think all the contestants should have abilities similar to Kate and Bristol's to run a fair contest. Kyle Massey is another one that is a diamond in the ruft on here! He has wowed us all from day 1 with his dancing spunk! Personally I would have rather seen Rick Fox or Kurt Warner make it to the finals, I really like watching the athletes do well!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I agree completely. I've really enjoyed some of the football and BB players and their smooth footwork, but to me' this is about, as you stated so well, about improvement - not taking someone who is already a dance icon and watching them stut their well renowed stuff!

We knew some of them were already standout dancers - it's the surprises that keep me coming back. Some of the older performers have done tons for public attitudes about what aging can be like if you stay in shape and have a sense of humor.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 7 months ago

We expect anyone who danced with Patrick Swayze to score well and Brani has alot of experience too. For someone like Bristol with no background in stardom to rate is a big deal Initially she didn't do too well but her scores have increased and she has shown a great deal of improvement.

somedude20 4 years, 7 months ago

First, how did she become a "star"? Being young and having a kid when you are a kid in my eyes is not "star" material. Is it because of her mom (sure it is) so why not grab John Kerry's daughter as I think she is better looking and seems worlds smarter. Second, and maybe it is just me, but with so much to do in the world, sitting in front of the TV seems like a waste of time if you are going to watch DWTS (there is much better TV try watch PBS one night) Third, and this is just me, but I do not get how people can get so wrapped up in shows like DWTS, Skating With The Starts (although watch Vince Neil making a fool of himself might be funny for a second) Celebrity Apprentice, I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, ect. Do you think "celebrities" sit around and watch Roe-ing With The Joints or Millering On the Blogs? I know, to each their own but it is not for me. I am happy that these shows keep people happy (would say out of trouble but shooting a TV is not good) but it is not for me.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Lol, I loved Millering on the blogs and Roeing With the Joints! Cute. Don't forget Cuzining with Autie and Biscuitng With the Bobs!

I rarely watch tv shows such as this - I'm more of a CNN person, but I love to dance and the shows producers are picking the right people for viewer interest.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

People do seem to be going ballistic over it this year more than ever - politics!

BrianR 4 years, 7 months ago

Palin-blindness is a serious, emerging health problem.

The sufferer looks at a Palin and can not see them for what they are.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Insert Obama where Palin appears in your post. Although many got over it in early November . . .

jonas_opines 4 years, 7 months ago

Being able to do that in no way excuses the original. Makes it that much more odorous, really.

Imagine consistency. . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

6. President Palin is gonna pay my gas bill!

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Hey, Bobberboy, even though you were disapeareded long ago, your comments are still visible if a person holds the right key! And you are correct! I pay my own gas bill, thank you very much!

Kontum1972 4 years, 7 months ago

i just threw -up on myself... ;-P

i viewed her presentation last night..it kind of reminded me of the Batman series ...with Adam West as the Batman.....

i tried real hard not to laff...... chk out Tosh.O and how they rated it....its a good thing Arthur Murray isnt alive anymore....

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Actually my thoughts went to you in your Zorro outfit. Just imagine your tighted legs strutting beneath the cape? What a vision. I need shades! :)

trinity 4 years, 7 months ago

"zorro outfit"? wth, and here i always thought your pic was father guido.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Lol. When he isn't throwing up he wears a zorro outfit.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

8. She is gonna get the Nobel Peace Prize! (one in every Cracker Jacks)

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

10. I've never watched DWTS! Wouldn't want to jinx her . . .

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Don't start now, Roe. All Palin women are too hot for you. I don't want to see you burn. Sizzle sizzle!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Actually I think Sarah is slightly above average. I think all her daughters are much nicer looking than she is. If you haven't seen Bristol all dressed up, she's coming along. And Roe is the only sexist a$$ I allow in my life. Ok. I love my brothers! :)

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Hey! I'm not sexist! Well maybe a little . . . but I'm not an a$$! . . . .hmmm, well . . . . okay, nevermind . . .

;-)

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Very good. Admitting what you are is the first step in correcting the behavior. Yummy meds!!! Lol

ilovelucy 4 years, 7 months ago

Face it, Ronda. You will support whatever the Palin family does because you really really like them. I get it, and whereas I think NBC made a huge mistake in putting Bristol on in the first place, they want ratings, which is what the Palin machine garners. The remark you made about the president's daughter, whether you meant it to be cute and rhymy or not, was uncalled for.
Believe me, I get it that you have a lotta love for the Mama Grizzly and her cub. Go for it. We can all have different tastes, but some may not be as public as you are for who and what you like. BTW, your support of Midge is one thing that I can agree with you on.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Well I'm glad we agree on Midge.

As far as my funny remark about Obama's daughter dancing - she will likely be offered so why would that be offensive? They can always say no.

And just so you know I likely did much more for the democrats all my voting years than you have. I've assisted in door to door campaigns, telephone reminders, yard signs, donations, etc. So you really don't know me do you?

Bcause I stand up for the underdog - whether it be Sarah, Midge, or the smallest kitten in the shelter, that should tell you more about my personality than anything political. As I said to another person recently, I'm about so much more than politics.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

(Just realized I forgot to take meds this AM. Hope the Sony don't get a bullet)

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm kinda afraid to ask if the letters in Freep stand for anything, but as a life coach I believe in over coming my fears and freeps - share?

Thanks Roe.

I am a freeper on facebook and the suckup blogger. What can I say? I want people to like me.

So love me or freep me, tis ok. :)

ilovelucy 4 years, 7 months ago

I do admire you, Ronda, for your commitment to the community and your beliefs. It's just that ours beliefs are different :0) And yes, I have gone door to door, made phone calls and helped with many campaigns in the past. I plan to continue as well.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, it sounds as though we have more in common than not and regardless of differences in culture, politics, sexes, race, religion I hold onto that believe for all people.

tolawdjk 4 years, 7 months ago

If Sarah is the Momma Grizzly, does that make Bristol the Dancing Bear?

Dance, Bear!! DANCE!!! The bourgeoisie must be entertained!!!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Freep today is frap tomorrow.

Free me to freep And clap And frap and flip And crap and snap Just allow me to be Freepin free to be me

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm voting challenged so I haven't on this show. I did for Jason a few seasons back on American Idol. Are you charged for voting or maybe you want to tell me' how after the contest is over. I get rather obsessive. :)

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

"Get a life" says the man who claims to spend 60+ hours in front of a computer weekly. ~sigh~ if only we all could truly see the reflection in the mirror~

Beachlady 4 years, 7 months ago

I enjoy watching Dancing With the Stars but I feel that it should be just that, as the title implies, with the Stars. I'm disappointed that it has become a popularity contest, and now a political contest. The judges' scores should have a larger percentage of the vote than the public's vote since the judges are the professionals trained in all aspects of the dance. I think there should be a sequel to follow titled, Dancing With the Amateurs, where non-dancers compete and the public's vote would be the higher percentages since everyone would be voting on their favorites with the best dancing improvement. And by the way, when ABC or one of the other networks picks up on this, I hope I get some of the royalties! LOL!

schula 4 years, 7 months ago

Beachlady -- I agree with all that you say. I have been trying to think of way to put my thoughts into words and couldn't think of the right ones. Thanks!

Beachlady 4 years, 7 months ago

Great Minds - You Know!! Thanks, Schula.

Beachlady,

Well you old fuddy duddy! :)

It's not any different than American Idol or the presidential election at this point!

I'm nominating you to be on skating on thin ice with the animals, so there!

Call me once you get out of your too tight ittsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini! It seems to be squishing your brains! Lol.

Beachlady 4 years, 7 months ago

No, I'm staying in my bikini and going back to the beach! LOL! I'll be watching Dancing With The Stars next week to see who wins!

Smart and bustie! :)

I'm really upset about America's Next Top Model. If that one very tall girl wins I'm shaving my head in protest!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Speaking of ducks ...... Where is cuzin autie?

Alaskans eat mucho moose with grease wiped up with corn bread - never biscuits. Slander jelly on the left side - never the right side, unless I'm wrong instead of right.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

"slander jelly"? So if you drop the toast and it lands face down, don't say anything negative about it?

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Most importantly you want to offer it to someone from an opposing political party and hope they don't notice the pubic hairs. Please wash your hands afterwards. Thank you.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

Blech! I feel like washing my hands after reading your response, Ronda!

I can't speak to your kitchen/dining room floors, but I'll bet you won't find any such hairs from the nether regions in those areas of my house!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I figured Bad Dogs would eat anything. Picky, picky.

Good response, Jess. Why are people so over the top about pubs? They're hair by any other name and likely a fine source of protein.

Did Dog say Blech or Belch? Lol

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

I love me some pubs. Good beer, atmosphere... Pubes, on the other hand-well never mind, I digress.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Ok, I appreciate the reason you're truly a bad doggie. Beer!

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

Naked lunches only (with a nod to William S. Burroughs), unless one uses a hair net or shaves...

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

justbegintowrite (Ronda Miller) says… "It's not any different than American Idol..."

OK....

See: Sarah Palin Slams 'American Idol' For Hosting 'Talent Deprived' Contestants http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652577/20101118/story.jhtml

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

She'd likely feel the same about 'Dancing' if her daughter wasn't on it.

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

I appreciate Palin's phrase "victims of the cult of self-esteem" in referring to American Idol contestants.

I wonder whom else that phrase might be applied to.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Close enough. Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

MyName 4 years, 7 months ago

Is it because she's a really good dancer? 'Cause I think that should be the deciding factor in a dance contest.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Myname, I'd say she's most improved which generally counts for a lot in contests of this nature. And by most improved I mean in acting, dance, confidence, getting into character, interacting with partner, etc.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

I truly think she deserves to win. Well, at least as much as Obama deserves to have won the Nobel Peace Prize. whatever . . .

booyalab 4 years, 7 months ago

Sadly, the days of high standards in reality tv for the talent level and poise of the contestants are gone. If only some distinguished individual could be enlisted to return us to the golden days of yore. I wonder if Carrot Top is busy.

Richard Payton 4 years, 7 months ago

My TMZ moment when Willow turns 18 - Palin's other cub won't get the gay vote when she appears on DWTS. Can we have a dance off between Obama's girls & Palin's girls?

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes, any teen mother who promotes abstinence over sex education deserves to win a dancing contest. God Bless America!

No, she shouldn't win because she broke the first rule -- she isn't a star. She is simply known to us by name for being pregnant at the time others were suggesting she had secretly given birth to her mother's baby. And her boyfriend ended up standing on the platform at the RNC. God Bless America!

Notice how we haven't seen Chelsea Clinton on this dancing show? Heck, even the Bush twins no better than a stunt like this.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I don't know that the other ladies you've named have been asked and have declined, do you?

Bristol may quite possibly be getting the votes because people feel she's the most deserving and is most improved.

I saw brandy and Max give an interview and neither of them had a problem with her getting the votes - this show has, right or wrong, always worked this way. Btw, they both said they're rooting for Kyle who also has worked his butt off and shows consistent growth in his routines.

Surprisingly Whoopie, who by no means is a Palin fan, has consistently backed Bristol as well.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

If anything, you should have criticized me for writing that the Bush twins "no" better than a stunt like this. I "no" better than that.

I have no idea if Bristol deserves to win or not. Nor do I care. I just think it hysterical that she is considered a "star." Seriously, why is she a "star?"

Last time I spoke with Chelsea, she told me she had been asked to appear on the show and she turned them down. She is still holding out for a shot on Survivor.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, I noticed the 'no' but cut you some slack because I like you and I have 'suck up blogger' to live up to. Besides, I'm the world's worst speller and I 'no' it. Lol

Chelsea could likely win - she's a smart cookie and has survived a lot already.

I think the Bush twins are pretty cool and I like McCain's daughter as well. I can't really complain about any of the young people I've seen growing up publicly. That'd have to be rough.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

"Most improved" doesn't necessarily equate to who is the best dancer in the end, Ronda. That is the point-the BEST dancer should be the winner-whether it is because they just had the best skills to begin with or improved to the point their skills exceeded the other contestants. All the contestants improve over the course of the competition. Mere improvement alone doesn't cut it.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

In the meantime, the crybaby blog from disgruntled LHS employees now comes up, "Page Not Found". Wondered how long it wood take them to cross the line.

;-)

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

Ronda has gushed over Sarah from Day one. For whatever reason.

There is nothing wrong about being a self-described "defender of the little people," whatever that means.

But it doesn't remove a need to be thorough and accurate, and respond to an argument with particularity, to be treated seriously for your opinion.

When former Governor Palin (I'm sorry, I resigned from Governor to protect my family's privacy) criticizes American Idol as being a program of "victims of the cult of self-esteem," even Ms. Ronda, who compares the two programs as equivalents should defend the inherit hypocrisy, instead of making a glancing pirouette to our good friend Roe.

Sorry Ronda.... your topic, your discussion. Not mine. "Man up," as they say.

You can not dance away from your gushieness.

Misunderestimate,

Speaking of manning up, how about only using one handle at a time. Aren't you the same person who once castrated himself in another life? :)

Jay_lo 4 years, 7 months ago

Is there anything more fakey Than Reality TV Oh for godness sakey They're not a bit like you and me

Whether racing 'cross the world Or dancing with the stars They do what we've no chance to do Not in a million yars

Would a bachelor or a bachelorette Offer us a rose In some sexy secret hideaway Sounds preposterous I propose

If America's got talent Could you or I e'er make the cut I think we'd have a better chance That monkeys fly out our butt

Could I be a survivor Could you outlast all of the rest Could we plot and scheme and play the game And not be voted from the nest

Could we handle eight at one time Or have nineteen or more Could we be small in a great big world And not be shown the door

Oh sure they're people just like us And so we watch and root Pick a favorite, hold our breath And hope they win the loot

But it's all about the ratings So things get fudged a bit And as long as people watch the show Who really gives a $hit

So if you think you have a chance On this type of show to lurk I'd advise you, play it safely And don't quit your daily work

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Terrific poem, Jay as usual! Reality shows I'd lose Never be invited, sad but true On game shows I would score For a gambler I am not I'd know when to quit Show em all my quick wit Never 'act' the least bit shakie When all that money is at stakie So reality star I'm not Super stardom not my lot But play the games of chance and brains And I'd come back a winner Not a whiner or a diner

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Those are actually well written and entertaining.

I heard on some report that Democrats don't watch Dancing With the Stars. Apparently the man who shot his TV does, but maybe he's in the minority.

I'm not aware of what shows are competing - perhaps one more likely watched by democrats. Is Dancing too goodie two shoes for other political parties? I don't know.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Too goodie two shoes? Is that honestly why you believe people might not watch? Try too mind-numbingly insignificant to warrant the time spent watching. If I want to watch people dance, I'll choose to watch professionals. This is the same reason I have never watched American Idol. I don't care for someone trying to perform to please a mass audience and appease a committee. Great art is not made from committee decisions. Further, I've seen stills from the show and they feature provacative clothing, thighs wrapped around thighs and crotches pressed against one another while in motion -- how is that goodie two shoes?

The very fact that Bristol Palin is a contestant on a show about "stars" is reason enough to tell me I'm not interested. It has nothing to do with her political views. I wouldn't want to watch one of Al Gore's daughters dancing either.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

What is scarier -- the idea that someone could get so upset over something they saw on tv that they pull out the shotgun and start blasting away, or that someone capable of being in that state of mind has such easy access to a shotgun?

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh Jesse, why can't you just let me live with my fantasy that anyone with mental problems has easy access to a gun?

You would think if he had to fight them that hard to get to the gun, he would have just kicked the tv instead.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

He is cute and sure has put lots of fun and energy into the show. I'm not familiar with him but he's got a great fan base. It'd be hard to call who the winner will be. I sure am not making any bets. Jennifer is incredible too.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Sounds rather like dancing on ice - at least as far as I'd be concerned.

What would your rules for dying or staying alive be? I think this show could fly!!!!

Jay_lo 4 years, 7 months ago

Your take on Dancing With The Stars Ronda's a scary one If you think the other dancers All Palin comparison

I'm thinking Bristol's smiling face Might never have been shown If she'd just practiced some safe dancing And left Levi's Johnson alone

Mama Grizzly made herself a name With a failed attempt to be Vice P. And Bristol and daddy walked on stage And claimed baby made them three

But Sarah never made it To be Mrs. Second Fiddle And Levi changed his mind about The daughter he did diddle

But attention had been gathered And so Bristol got her chance But just because she's now well known Doesn't mean that she can dance!

Beachlady 4 years, 7 months ago

Jay_lo, your poem says it all! Great job!

local_support 4 years, 7 months ago

Gotta love this recent exchange on Facebook between Willow, Bristol, and some kids who don't care for the Palin's new "reality" TV show:

Sarah has taught her two daughters SOOOOOOOOO well about taking the high road. (j/k)

The Palins need to learn that not everyone is going to worship the ground they walk on. I've never seen "celebrities" like these with such thin skin!

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

No, according to Ronda this is the way all young people speak, and it is OK with her, because this is how "family values" people should raise their children.

Maybe you should change your name to 'unabletoreadandcomprehend ' Justathought

Are you a carbon copy of your parents?

I said young people grow up and sometimes apart from family values before then returning to the nest. It's called independence and learning through personal experience, testing is 'normal' healthy, expected.

I tested my grandparents values before settling on my own, which are quite similar.

Scott Morgan 4 years, 7 months ago

Sarah Palin and family have taken more public verbal abuse than anyone I can remember. I always cringe when I hear people call her dumb. I cringe because she whupped V.P. Joe Biden in a fair debate. Whipped him old school bad.

Do the math, if she is dumb, what is Biden? Further along, what are we doing with Biden a heartbeat away from running this country? Talk about buyers remorse.

I like and admire Sarah, but think her daughter should have been axed on DWTS.

It is a lot of public attention on a child of a politician though. ummmm? The amazingly financially successful Chelsea Clinton's wedding ring a bell? How did Chelsea become so wealthy, her parents are public servants.

Oh, she's different, she's a democrat politicians daughter.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Comparing a wedding with Dancing with the "Stars"? Well, lets see -- one daughter of a politician is receiving public attention for being on a celebrity dancing program that is meant to draw viewers (thus attention), and the other received attention through the news media that swarmed over her wedding instead of giving people common courtesy and privacy. Oh yeah, those two things are similar. Don't worry, I'm sure if Bristol had actually married the father of her child, it would have drawn media attention as well. Alas, that blissful union was not meant to be.

Chelsea's parents became rich once Bill was out of office, largely a result of book deals and speaking engagements. Bush also signed a huge book deal, so President Clinton is far from unique in that regard. Further, Chelsea married a young, wealthy financier, who has plenty of his own money to spend. Why do you begrudge people spending their money as they choose?

Finally, did you watch the actual VP debate in 2008, or was this some Playstation debate you took part in where Palin could in any manner be considered the winner?

Of course, believe what ever dilusional thing you wish, since it doesn't matter. Despite her keen skill of throwing out a well-timed wink to mask her knowledge deficits, she was not on the winning ticket in the election. She was, in fact, the loser. Should she choose to run for President in 2012 on her experience as a small town mayor, half-term governor and Fox-News correspondent, I am sure her fellow Republicans won't play nearly as nice as Biden chose to. Many are still likely very upset that her support of various senatorial candidates almost certainly cost the Republicans control of the Senate, so those debates will likely be quite entertaining.

Spinning and dancing -- is there really a difference?

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

but,but,but . . . .she's still HOT! right . . .?

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Hot? Well, I guess everyone has something going for them.

mom_of_three 4 years, 7 months ago

Like Mrs. Bush sr., I hope she stays in Alaska! (I knew I always liked Barbara!)

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

Chelsea was keep away from the press and out of the public eye by the Clintons, until she was an adult.

Palin, on the other hand, screamed about privacy for the children, then immediately put her children on reality TV series, showboating them continually from the stage, putting them in commercials, and in dancing contests for celebrities. And now letting them go wild on facebook. Well, she did keep them away from the press, because she doesn't talk to the press either.

Some concern about privacy. Kinda like dressing them up in short skirts and putting them on the street, in my view.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

The whole reality show thing is creepy, and a complete contradiction for someone who makes such a fuss about protecting her family's privacy. Then again, Sarah Palin is nothing but a bunch of contradictions: feels big cities aren't "real America," but the only place to buy clothes; she was for the bridge to nowhere before she was againsts it; she was for the bank bailout before she was against it: she stresses abstinence only sex ed despite the obvious failings of such a stand under her own roof; she condemns earmark spending but sought millions for Alaska; she rails against the media even though she now works for the media; she ... well, I could go on, but you get the point. Oh, and she is a grandmother yet is apparently HOT (according to RoeD). Nothing but contradictions with this one.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

And here I thought the G stood for "governor" -- you pigs!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Facsinating. I have always thought of myself as highly competive but am generally not a reality tv show fan. I've enjoyed Dancing With the Stars some over the years and mostly because of the choice in guests - Apollo, George Hamilton, Jane Seymore, etc., and I have to admit there was curiosity on my part about Bristol. She's surprised me in a positive way.

I've read that republicans like dancing with the stars and democrats like Kardasians. The latter holds 'no' appeal to me' but I've never viewed it. Too much about politics and more about individual traits is preferable in my opinion.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

I've never watched the Kardasians or DWTS, but if I was forced to watch one I guess I would go with the dancing. So do I need to change my political party?

Hell 'no'! :)

You may want to take some political tests though and you might surprise yourself and be a tea partier. :^)

Seriously though, I had the insane thought earlier, sorry, 'no' control there, that if the Republicans are the major party who watches DWTS, I bet the dancers are predominately Democrats. Agree?

Yeah, yeah people are gonna go ballistic on me. But it does seem that entertainers are liberal.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Old one eye, I agree that would be some fun! Betty is quite the character. I'd suggest adding McCain too - because he's hot!!!!

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

".....this simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman....." Hahahahaha!!! Hohoho! Oh god, I'm dieing here!

Why don't you go read the blog of a real "simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman"? http://www.mercedejohnston.com

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

She gave a good final performance though. The judges said it was her best yet - steady improvement throughout. They put together great clips about her personal growth as thr girl next door (their words not mine) and how she'd grown and became an amazing dancer. She did herself proud - unlike the constant whine we heard from Jennifer.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

Vertigo, you nailed it-again.

Ronda, Palin's final performance likely was her best, however it wasn't good enough. Nevertheless, you just couldn't resist taking a petty shot at the winner, could you?

I really expected better from you Ronda-a "Life Coach". How do you advise people to deal with defeat in life? By taking a shot at the winner or accepting and understanding the decision whether you agree or not, and moving on? If by "whining" you are referring to the retelling/discussion of Jennifer's neck injury, I'd bet most people couldn't do half what she's done with a multi-level cervical fusion. Do you have any idea how much that affects flexibility and range of motion? It's not like that those factors would be important in a dancing competition, right? Besides, it's part of Jennifer's "backstory". It's what the producers of the show chose to discuss and inquire about. Honestly, you sound like the whiner to me (or are at least bitter over the outcome). Just my opinion, I could be wrong. We all now how difficult it can be to read the true intent of on-line comments.

As for the judge's comments regarding Palin's growth as a dancer, you would only expect them to offer words of consolation and comfort, albeit somewhat hyperbolic. That's what the losers of any competition typically get to console themselves with-a "Nice try, you did well and improved significantly, but not enough". The bigger test for Bristol in life now becomes what she does for personal growth in the future and the parent she becomes.

See you next season;-) In the meantime, have a great Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

Bad doggie,

If you actually watched the show you'll know what I am talking about in terms of Jennifer - she stormed out several times during rehearsals leaving her partner shaking his head, there wasn't a week or two that went by that she wasn't crying about something. Maybe she's pre menopausal - but she came across as a total premi Donna. Can she dance and 'act'? Heck ya, but I didn't see improvement and much of the time her partner was swinging her around, which took less skills as a dancer but would be frightening for many. She is the daughter of Joel Grey - wonder how much money has been spent on dancing and acting lessons. She's been doing it all her life. Do I respect her for giving her all and over coming health issues? Yes, but I would more so if she had done so without the whining. And, as Life Coach I would suggest she ask herself what her motivating factors were and to appreciate how pathetic she came across.

The judges didn't have to tell anyone it was there best dance. Their job as judges is to be real and they've bever had a problem in the past being brutally honest with any dancer.

So don't judge me' if you didn't watch the show - I appreciate your opinion though and I hope you get the turkey neck and drum sticks to gnaw on, bad doggy. :)

Happy thsnksgiving to you too. Be safe!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I hope Jennifer is upset by the way she was 'made' to come across then. But I appreciate your comment. I'm sure that is how these shows tend to operate. I don't generally watch them.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Incorrect usage of a word by this blogger.

bad_dog 4 years, 7 months ago

Ronda, although I didn't watch each installment, I did watch quite a bit of the show. I am a fan of dancing-particularly good dancing. For example I like the movie "Strictly Ballroom" and the old Hollywood musicals. I even took lessons to improve my abilities.

I think I noted as much moping (I'm just not good enough, I can't do this, I'm clumsy, etc.) out of Bristol as I saw from Jennifer. Different complaints, different perspectives, I guess. In my viewing experience, attitudes on the part of the participants, even including the professional talent are nothing new. Remember Kate Gosselin's partner (no, not her idiot ex-husband) walking out just last season? Again, I didn't watch all of it so I may have missed some of the petulance you allude to-after all, I'm a liberal so I'm not even supposed to be watching this show, right?

With regard to your comment about Grey's partner slinging her around, I had similar feelings about Palin's partner performing all the substantive and difficult moves and Bristol often moving like a robot alongside him. No great footwork to speak of, literally just going through the motions, often with a "deer in the headlights" look on her face.

Again, the competition is supposed to determine who is the "best" dancer, not the "most improved" dancer. If most improved IS the best dancer at the end of the competition then so be it-they deserve to win. IMHO, Bristol was not the best dancer at any point in the competition. Unfortunately for her and to a lesser extent your blog, the judges and voters agree with my take. While the judges didn't have to tell Bristol it was her best dance, I bellieve those words were offered as a source of consolation and empathy.

Finally, I didn't judge you. I merely expressed my disappointment in your need to complain about Jennifer. Personally, I would rather take such setbacks gracefully and reserve my thoughts, disappointments and regrets as an incentive while pushing weights at the gym. I will say this, irrespective of my opinion regarding Mother Palin, I do think more of Bristol than I did at the start of this season. She has a backbone and given her motivation and desire as illustrated by her improvement during the season, I think she will do well as she ages. Hopefully that improvement will extend to her choices in men as well...

With respect to my taste in turkey, as is the case in certain other aspects of my life, I'm a leg man...

BrianR 4 years, 7 months ago

After hearing about all of the physical things Grey has been through, it's amazing that she made it at all. I don't think she whined more than anyone else, just different complaints. Drama is one of their selling points on DWTS.

I liked Bristol more as time went on and I think she'll be better off with her new-found confidence. I do not, however, think she was a good dancer and probably lasted 3 or 4 weeks past her expiration date. Bad footwork much of the time, sometimes she just stood there, and no musicality.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Brian, you sound like a judge yourself with the terms you used.

I had no opinion of Jennifer or Bristol at the onset of 'the show. I grew to like Bristol very much - enjoying her spunk and determination. I was awed at how great Jennifer looked and how well she danced but her whining left me' cold. Bristol at 20 showing some insecurities, and actually truthful insight about an awareness of an inability to dance, came across as real Jennifer cane across as whining non stop. Yes, all the performers at one time or another express frustration and pain and how exhausted they are, just not non stop as did Jennifer - and maybe that was the editing.

I don't know many 20 year old non professional actresses or dancers who would have stood up to the difficulties as well as Bristol. She didn't take home the trophy, but she was the winner in many respects. I'll bet she's firecmver changed by the experience.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Ronda, your idea that entertainers are predominantly liberal is a good one for a blog. Why is this the case, because I believe you are correct, despite Ronald Reagan. Is it that to be an entertainer you must go against the grain, try new things and experiment in various ways (thoughts, politics, philosophies)? Not saying conservatives can't go against the grain, just that the ideas of conservativism lean towards tried and true rather than new and different.

I'll also bet more people who like country and western are conservative than those who like reggae. More people who like NASCAR, which requires millions of dollars to take part, are conservative, while the populist game of soccer, which only requires two feet and a ball, is appreciated more by liberals. Why is such an elitist event like NASCAR loved by conservatives, while such a low-brow sport for the masses like soccer isn't? Interesting ideas.

See you at the next Tea Party rally. ; )

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Haha, I actually have a hard time agreeing with Bea's agreement of my own assessment. Ok. That didn't even make sense to me.

How are these polls taken? All my friends are mostly Democrats who are watching DWTS and none of them watch the Kardasians. They were as surprised as I was about the supposed breakdown of viewers by politics.

Most soccer players aren't in the states so I don't think they're a good example of political affiliation. The NASCAR fans and country western fans I know are also Democrats. I do think standard actors and television entertainers are democrats though.

I'd have tea, and crumpets, anytime with you Bea. Happy thanksgiving tovall of you. Do any of you argue politics over dinner?

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

No wonder no one invites me to dinner! :)

Actually I've rarely discussed politics with family as an adult at gatherings but my memories of my grandparents and aunts and uncles during visits were all about heated political debates. But then we didn't have as many distractions then, perhaps.

beatrice 4 years, 7 months ago

Well Ronda, it looks like everyone you know are just a bunch of Democrats!

Have a good turkey day - and fortunately, even though the family is mostly Democrats, we don't discuss politics over dinner. After dinner, sure, but not during.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Sounds wise or folk might be choking. :)

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Beats choking chickens! Well. Er. So I'm told.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Good suggestion for a blog idea, Bea. I'll post that one in the next few days.

My friends, who are predominately democrats, were very surprised to learn they are supposed to be watching The Kardasians though instead of DWTS. I have to wonder how that poll was done. I don't remember any questions about my tv viewing when I voted! Lol. I know telephone polls are ongoing though. And when I didn't vote a standard democratic ticket I didn't seem to notice I was switching my channels more frequently. :)

How many many of us agree politics at family gatherings would be another interesting blog - I've heard many have heart attacks the day afterwards - maybe part of the stress in addition to the gravy.

Bea, I'd have tea, and crumpets, with you anytime. Let us know when you'll be in town and we'll have tea and shooting to bane just a few things!

Happy thanksgiving all.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

We'll let Bea be the event planner, but I know she could have tea with George while having a moderate conversation and then we could take her shooting with beer and food of her choice later? Hehe. Send her an aero plane ticket! Then bones them bones them Bea bones. They love to bounce around.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Not fair! One could say rhe same about Kyle too. :)

She actually looked great last night and fairly trim considering she wore a 'red hot outfit!

Yeah, yeah, Roe. Sarah is hot.

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

When you intentionally use your daughters as stage props to reinforce your political narrative of a family with "family values," you need to be prepared to confront family issues (real or fake) on the front pages of the newspaper and in the blogs. No "privacy" complaints will be accepted.

missunderestimate 4 years, 7 months ago

Sarah will be in Andover (Wichita) on Sunday morning to autograph her new book. How many copies do you need for xmas gifts, Ronda?

(Isn't that a sacrilege? I mean shouldn't she be in church?)

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Miss, half a dozen should take care of most of my needs. I'd need one audio copy if it's available. Maybe the second or third printing. I'm sure Roe has scarfed up several copies but I hate to say what he's doing with the 'hard' copies of any photo opportunities! Jkidding, Roe!

Btw. Isn't that a typo in that article about Boston? I think it's supposed to read hater, not hatter. Lol

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 7 months ago

Woof, Woof. Better than a Cloud County dugout. Didn't know I was a head Methodist.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, mention Boston and look who shows up. Truly amazing!

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 7 months ago

You hatters you. But the head Methodist forgives. Then snips when required.

And btw, Jennifer is the hot one. Mega.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 7 months ago

And oh, did anyone mention.....Jennifer is a star, and can dance.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Boston, I believe I've misunderestimated both Jennifer and you, but you've misunderestimated Sarah and Bristol. The Palins are taking over!

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 7 months ago

Sarah Palin's foreign policy credentials suffered another blow when she mistakenly insisted today that the US must stand by its "North Korean allies".

The former Alaska governor was asked about the conflict on the Korean peninsula during an appearance on Glenn Beck's radio show.

Twice she claimed that the US must stand firm alongside Kim Jong-il's Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Boston, I believe her comments may have been taken out of context and she was misunderstood as well as misunderestimated. However, I could be miscommunicating. I've been mistaken before.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, she has refudiated the statement. But she made it. Twice.

Happy turkey day. Remember that dogs like leftovers. Woof Woof.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

If a statement is twice refudiated then one refute cancels out the other which means the refudiator is guilty of making the original statement that is presently being refudiated. She has now become, and will forever remain a woman of ill refute twice removed.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 7 months ago

Sarah Palin’s choosing sides in the conflict between North and South Korea–and picking Kim Jong Il?

Couldn’t be. But there she is on Glenn Beck’s radio show saying just that: “This speaks to a bigger picture here that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy. But obviously we’ve gotta stand with our North Korean allies.”

The host helpfully corrects her, “South Korean allies.”

The scrambled tongue moment–as that’s surely what Palin will say it was–does bring up a charge made in John Heilemann and Mark Halperin’s book, Game Change, which portrays Palin as dangerously uninformed–a candidate for the vice presidency who didn’t understand that Korea was divided:

"She knew nothing. She had to be taken through World War I, World War II, the Cold War, and Palin was not aware there was a difference between North and South Korea. She continued to insist that Iraq was behind 9/11; and when her son was being sent off to Iraq, she couldn’t describe who we were fighting."

Now, in fairness to Sarah Palin, she’s got a lot on her plate right now–a book tour, a reality show, and a daughter who landed in third place on Dancing with the Stars–so remembering arcane international details like which country has a lunatic dictator with nuclear weapons and which one has American troops can be difficult.

And remember, she will be in Andover on Sunday morning, to autograph her book, if you are not in church.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

You seem to be misforgetting how most other, if not all other, politicians misspeak and misrepresent how many states we have.

Forgive thy mistakes! It's thanksgiving so just be thankful.

You appear to be on her publicity staff. It appears you can't stop thinking about her. Lol.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Check out 'just the facts' Roe posts as you scroll down.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Typical. jstthefacts totally ignores the opposition, alludes to wanting 'just the facts'. Personally I watch mostly CNN, NBC, ABC, PBS. Not because I agree with all they have to say, but to keep myself informed of issues both right and left. I do not argue politics online, as I seldom agree with the extremists on either side. If it's "jstthefacts" you want, then you need to open your mind.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

Funny thing though . . . I really don't see her as the next POTUS, but anything can happen, as proven in '08. My joy comes from watching the far left cringe as every puff of wind threatens the house of cards they support. Enjoy your weekend Mr facts

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes, I'm not sure if watching something like that would make me laugh or cry! :)

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. and without trying to sound overly defensive or supportive of her, if it truly was ignorance, but 'they' have all been guilty of doing too much talking about things they know too little about. She's, hopefully, cramming lots of facts into her head.

It would impossible to know it all and especially someone as new to world politcs as she appears to be. I wouldn't be able to do better, but knowing that I keep my mouth closed!

I'd run on a ticket as Missclosedmouth. :)

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I'd run on a ticket as Missclosedmouth. :)

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm kind of shocked that no one commented on my link to Mercede Johnston's blog. She and her mother have suffered more at the hands of Sarah and Bristol Palin's egos than anybody in this entire country. Their relationship with their own son/brother has been completely severed. They both have been completely cut off from their own nephew/grandson and for some reason everybody thinks this is just peachy. Yet at the same time Mercede keeps a cheerful, balanced, honest attitude about things. The tabloids have offered her and her mother a gajillion dollars for their stories about the Palin's and they refuse. Instead Mercede openly, defiantly and honestly blogs about her experiences with these people and how they have destroyed her family. And Rhonda calls Bristol a "sweet, shy, innocent girl". Sometimes I think she's more of a shark than her mother. Now it appears that Mercede's blog has been "disappeareded". Interesting.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

The blog likely got pulled for reasons blogs get pulled:

It stated obvious mistruths that could hurt someone's reputation or cause them to be sued

It wasn't written by the person it stated it was written by

Reread the first reason.

And, because someone is sweet, shy and innocent doesn't mean they are dumb. If the father didn't care enough to be at the birth and help raise his son it isn't uncommon for the other, parenting parent to be protective.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I'd have to disagree and say the first one. Lol. :)

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

I disagree, Rhonda. The blog was indeed written by her. It contained pictures in her personal possession that she and only she had, including a picture of herself holding Trigg. Not Tripp, Trigg. Apparently she got her butt in trouble with one of her most recent entries when she denied that there was any conspiracy with Trigg's birth but she criticized Palin heavily for traveling and working with a high risk pregnancy then compounding it by flying while she was in labor. I can tell you never even read the blog because there was never anything she said that wasn't provable. She also refused to pass opinions on anything she didn't have personal knowledge about. As for Levi, most of the time Mercede and her mother had no idea what was going on with him because the Palin's forced him to cut ties with her, the threat being that if he didn't he would never see his son again. You want to carp about Levi "not being there for his baby" and the truth is he was blocked and manipulated by the Alaskan version of The Young and the Restless. I never said that Bristol was "dumb". I said she was a "shark" and believe me, you can't be a human shark without brains even if real sharks have none. But go on believing Bristol is a "sweet, shy, innocent" Barbie doll. I guess I'm more of a cynical, hard headed realist than you but honestly it's no skin off my nose. I will fully admit I fell off the turnip truck. It just wasn't yesterday.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, the pity is I'll never be able to read it now. How tragic that I'll not have an opportunity to guess if what she said was truth or fiction. So do you think there was a conspiracy against her?

If she isn't a doctor and hadn't personally examined Palin during final stages of her pregnancy then it sounds as though she was speaking out of her other end. That might just be the real reason her blog was pulled. Keep me updated though.

Bristol is no shark, nor a Barbie doll. And, she shouldn't be put down for any reason because of her mother's political stance. She is not her mother, either - she didn't even vote earlier this month. She's a young woman trying to find her way in the world with a ton of outside rumors and pressures and haters - and she's doing amazingly well. Good parenting behind her likely the reason.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

"Good parenting behind her likely the reason." With a teenage pregnancy behind her. I managed to raise three girls to adulthood without a single one of them getting pregnant. Unhuh. You go on believing that.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

And you were a virgin when you got married just as your daughters will be. Uhhuh, go on and think we're believing that!

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

You don't have to believe it Ronda. I was 24 when I got married and I lived with my husband prior to that. All three of my daughters are married and did the same. I had no high, unnatural expectations for them that they would stay "pure" and "abstinent" and not engage in "premarital sex". "Sexual purity" is the biggest piece of patriarchal horse puckey I've ever heard and dates back to the time when women had arranged marriages and were traded like chattel. I was born, it just wasn't yesterday. Instead I taught them to be strong, self reliant women with the tools to take care of themselves and the knowledge of how to stay disease free and pregnant only when they wanted to be. I was the one who took each to her first appointment at the health department. Go ahead and call me a bad parent for doing that, for wanting to keep my daughters unpregnant long enough to grow up and to not catch AIDS and stay alive. There's a lot more at stake in today's world than just "sexual purity". I didn't just teach my daughters how to wash their hands and keep from getting a cold. I taught them how to take care of their sexual health too. Criticize me for that, Ronda, I dare you.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 7 months ago

Hahaha! I just showed this to one of my daughters over IM (who is in her early thirties and up with her planned baby) and she hi fived me and said, "Hell yeah mom!".

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Sounds like you parented the best you knee how and according to your core values as does every other loving parent I know.

My only beef with you is your judgement towards Bristol. We weren't there. Maybe she and he discussed wanting and having this baby. Because she may or may not believe in contraceptives doesn't make her less or more, in my mind, than you, your daughters, me' or my daughter or son.

Congrats on having daughters and grandchildren!

As posted on Facebook;

A Thanksgiving Message to All 57 States by Sarah Palin on Thursday, November 25, 2010 at 7:46pm

My fellow Americans in all 57 states, the time has changed for come. With our country founded more than 20 centuries ago, we have much to celebrate – from the FBI’s 100 days to the reforms that bring greater inefficiencies to our health care system. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to halt the rise of privacy, and Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a breathalyzer, or an inhalator. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…

Of course, the paragraph above is based on a series of misstatements and verbal gaffes made by Barack Obama (I didn’t have enough time to do one for Joe Biden). YouTube links are provided just in case you doubt the accuracy of these all too human slips-of-the-tongue. If you can’t remember hearing about them, that’s because for the most part the media didn’t consider them newsworthy. I have no complaint about that. Everybody makes the occasional verbal gaffe – even news anchors.

Obviously, I would have been even more impressed if the media showed some consistency on this issue. Unfortunately, it seems they couldn’t resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline. The one word slip occurred yesterday during one of my seven back-to-back interviews wherein I was privileged to speak to the American public about the important, world-changing issues before us.

(continued)

(continued)

If the media had bothered to actually listen to all of my remarks on Glenn Beck’s radio show, they would have noticed that I refer to South Korea as our ally throughout, that I corrected myself seconds after my slip-of-the-tongue, and that I made it abundantly clear that pressure should be put on China to restrict energy exports to the North Korean regime. The media could even have done due diligence and checked my previous statements on the subject, which have always been consistent, and in fact even ahead of the curve. But why let the facts get in the way of a good story? (And for that matter, why not just make up stories out of thin air – like the totally false hard news story which has run for three days now reporting that I lobbied the producers of “Dancing with the Stars” to cast a former Senate candidate on their show. That lie is further clear proof that the media completely makes things up without doing even rudimentary fact-checking.)

“Hope springs eternal” as the poet says. Let’s hope that perhaps, just maybe, they might get it right next time. When we the people are effective in holding America’s free press accountable for responsible and truthful reporting, then we shall all have even more to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Sarah Palin

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm happy and relieved that Palin finally seems to have gotten a terrific writer or two on board!!!

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

I was making reference to what Roe copied and posted. That doesn't sound like the Sarah I know! :)

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 7 months ago

What a boring show and a waste of life to keep up with it all. Like American Idol...... WHO CARES. Go out and socialize.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Good suggestion on the whole, but for those who are housebound by choice or design, it can be their means to some pleasant entertainment. Many people live vicariously through the shows they watch. They aren't harming anyone.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 7 months ago

bristol should have won though. Even if I don't watch it I saw some clips and she was quite composed and in sync with her partner. I understand your houseboundness :P

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Thanks, Pitt. Sometimes people forget the life experiences others are going through. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. What favorite shows do you enjoy?

cds 4 years, 7 months ago

Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars = Sanjaya on American Idol

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

That's actually a good comparison - well, at least one that crossed my mind. He attempted to seduce fans via changing hair styles. She actually learned to dance and 'act' though.

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

bobberboy (anonymous) says… "dapple - you're an idiot with way to much time on your hands !"

bobberboy - Time on my hands? Well, maybe so. An idiot? I've been called worse. But then, you're the one who got disapeareded, not me. Now what are you doing with your hand(s)?

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

bobberboy (anonymous) says… "roe has b@##$ for brains !! Like most of the retarded tea party bunch. Oh yea - roe I'm a republican !"

Sorry bobberboy, Not a teapartyer! And isn't "retarded" a bit harsh, even for you? Says a lot more about you than it does me. But, whatever.

Ronda Miller 4 years, 7 months ago

Now on that we can agree
reality anything is just not for me Set real actresses and actors free Bring them where they should be Out of retirement and back on TV

sissezz 4 years, 6 months ago

Sarah Palin... ugh...... her daughter isnt a "star" at least admit that. That being said... she's a good dancer. But Brandy was better..... sorry, but true.