LJWorld.com weblogs At Random

Why Bristol the Pistol deserves the win on Dancing With the Stars

Like it or not, it appears politics are mixing it up wherever we turn. For some, there is no more obvious proof than turning on your favorite television show - Dancing With the Stars.

So what has some viewers so fired up they're shooting their television or claiming the Tea Party has spilled over where they shouldn't? The answer is Bristol Palin. Bristol the pistol is standing up to her nickname and showing viewers and critics alike that she has much of the spunk her mother holds. Genetics or environment? Perhaps some of both.

Regardless, I'm one viewer who supports her continued success even though I figured Brandi would dance away with the win.

I found myself inwardly hoping Bristol would remain on the show for several reasons: she was the underdog with no stardom behind her name, no dancing lessons, limited stage presence and honestly it was just plan shocking and amusing because she was pretty lame in the beginning.

Talk about mass voting by Tea Party supporters has made it interesting and the debate that the real issue is many just plain identify with this simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman who appears to be turning from an ugly duckling and into a lovely swan right before our eyes.

Then there's that underlying thought directed towards her jerk of an ex boyfriend and father of her young son - eat your heart out loser!

I saw Bristol has shown without a doubt that she's changed and grown the most as a dancer. The show has often been about that as well as a popularity contest. Bristol, you've got my vote!

Comments

sissezz 3 years, 4 months ago

Sarah Palin... ugh...... her daughter isnt a "star" at least admit that. That being said... she's a good dancer. But Brandy was better..... sorry, but true.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Now on that we can agree
reality anything is just not for me Set real actresses and actors free Bring them where they should be Out of retirement and back on TV

michaelclayton 3 years, 4 months ago

I don't understand what happened. I voted at least 100 times for Bristol. I read the instructions on how to make fake email addresses and everything. I never watch the show. I've never seen her dance. But I had this idea that if I could get Bristol the victory it would spell the end of DWTS and possibly reality t.v.! How could Bristol not win?

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

bobberboy (anonymous) says… "dapple - you're an idiot with way to much time on your hands !"

bobberboy - Time on my hands? Well, maybe so. An idiot? I've been called worse. But then, you're the one who got disapeareded, not me. Now what are you doing with your hand(s)?

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

That's actually a good comparison - well, at least one that crossed my mind. He attempted to seduce fans via changing hair styles. She actually learned to dance and 'act' though.

cds 3 years, 4 months ago

Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars = Sanjaya on American Idol

jstthefacts 3 years, 4 months ago

How about given it a rest? I realize times are slow in lawrence, but

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Good suggestion on the whole, but for those who are housebound by choice or design, it can be their means to some pleasant entertainment. Many people live vicariously through the shows they watch. They aren't harming anyone.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 4 months ago

What a boring show and a waste of life to keep up with it all. Like American Idol...... WHO CARES. Go out and socialize.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm happy and relieved that Palin finally seems to have gotten a terrific writer or two on board!!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

(continued)

If the media had bothered to actually listen to all of my remarks on Glenn Beck’s radio show, they would have noticed that I refer to South Korea as our ally throughout, that I corrected myself seconds after my slip-of-the-tongue, and that I made it abundantly clear that pressure should be put on China to restrict energy exports to the North Korean regime. The media could even have done due diligence and checked my previous statements on the subject, which have always been consistent, and in fact even ahead of the curve. But why let the facts get in the way of a good story? (And for that matter, why not just make up stories out of thin air – like the totally false hard news story which has run for three days now reporting that I lobbied the producers of “Dancing with the Stars” to cast a former Senate candidate on their show. That lie is further clear proof that the media completely makes things up without doing even rudimentary fact-checking.)

“Hope springs eternal” as the poet says. Let’s hope that perhaps, just maybe, they might get it right next time. When we the people are effective in holding America’s free press accountable for responsible and truthful reporting, then we shall all have even more to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Sarah Palin

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

As posted on Facebook;

A Thanksgiving Message to All 57 States by Sarah Palin on Thursday, November 25, 2010 at 7:46pm

My fellow Americans in all 57 states, the time has changed for come. With our country founded more than 20 centuries ago, we have much to celebrate – from the FBI’s 100 days to the reforms that bring greater inefficiencies to our health care system. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to halt the rise of privacy, and Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a breathalyzer, or an inhalator. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…

Of course, the paragraph above is based on a series of misstatements and verbal gaffes made by Barack Obama (I didn’t have enough time to do one for Joe Biden). YouTube links are provided just in case you doubt the accuracy of these all too human slips-of-the-tongue. If you can’t remember hearing about them, that’s because for the most part the media didn’t consider them newsworthy. I have no complaint about that. Everybody makes the occasional verbal gaffe – even news anchors.

Obviously, I would have been even more impressed if the media showed some consistency on this issue. Unfortunately, it seems they couldn’t resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline. The one word slip occurred yesterday during one of my seven back-to-back interviews wherein I was privileged to speak to the American public about the important, world-changing issues before us.

(continued)

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm kind of shocked that no one commented on my link to Mercede Johnston's blog. She and her mother have suffered more at the hands of Sarah and Bristol Palin's egos than anybody in this entire country. Their relationship with their own son/brother has been completely severed. They both have been completely cut off from their own nephew/grandson and for some reason everybody thinks this is just peachy. Yet at the same time Mercede keeps a cheerful, balanced, honest attitude about things. The tabloids have offered her and her mother a gajillion dollars for their stories about the Palin's and they refuse. Instead Mercede openly, defiantly and honestly blogs about her experiences with these people and how they have destroyed her family. And Rhonda calls Bristol a "sweet, shy, innocent girl". Sometimes I think she's more of a shark than her mother. Now it appears that Mercede's blog has been "disappeareded". Interesting.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Boston, I believe her comments may have been taken out of context and she was misunderstood as well as misunderestimated. However, I could be miscommunicating. I've been mistaken before.

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 4 months ago

Sarah Palin's foreign policy credentials suffered another blow when she mistakenly insisted today that the US must stand by its "North Korean allies".

The former Alaska governor was asked about the conflict on the Korean peninsula during an appearance on Glenn Beck's radio show.

Twice she claimed that the US must stand firm alongside Kim Jong-il's Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Boston, I believe I've misunderestimated both Jennifer and you, but you've misunderestimated Sarah and Bristol. The Palins are taking over!

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 4 months ago

And oh, did anyone mention.....Jennifer is a star, and can dance.

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 4 months ago

Woof, Woof. Better than a Cloud County dugout. Didn't know I was a head Methodist.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Miss, half a dozen should take care of most of my needs. I'd need one audio copy if it's available. Maybe the second or third printing. I'm sure Roe has scarfed up several copies but I hate to say what he's doing with the 'hard' copies of any photo opportunities! Jkidding, Roe!

Btw. Isn't that a typo in that article about Boston? I think it's supposed to read hater, not hatter. Lol

missunderestimate 3 years, 4 months ago

Sarah will be in Andover (Wichita) on Sunday morning to autograph her new book. How many copies do you need for xmas gifts, Ronda?

(Isn't that a sacrilege? I mean shouldn't she be in church?)

missunderestimate 3 years, 4 months ago

When you intentionally use your daughters as stage props to reinforce your political narrative of a family with "family values," you need to be prepared to confront family issues (real or fake) on the front pages of the newspaper and in the blogs. No "privacy" complaints will be accepted.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Not fair! One could say rhe same about Kyle too. :)

She actually looked great last night and fairly trim considering she wore a 'red hot outfit!

Yeah, yeah, Roe. Sarah is hot.

michaelclayton 3 years, 4 months ago

I think Bristol Palin is the first person to ever gain weight while on DWTS. She's a chubber.

beatrice 3 years, 4 months ago

Ronda, your idea that entertainers are predominantly liberal is a good one for a blog. Why is this the case, because I believe you are correct, despite Ronald Reagan. Is it that to be an entertainer you must go against the grain, try new things and experiment in various ways (thoughts, politics, philosophies)? Not saying conservatives can't go against the grain, just that the ideas of conservativism lean towards tried and true rather than new and different.

I'll also bet more people who like country and western are conservative than those who like reggae. More people who like NASCAR, which requires millions of dollars to take part, are conservative, while the populist game of soccer, which only requires two feet and a ball, is appreciated more by liberals. Why is such an elitist event like NASCAR loved by conservatives, while such a low-brow sport for the masses like soccer isn't? Interesting ideas.

See you at the next Tea Party rally. ; )

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Bad doggie,

If you actually watched the show you'll know what I am talking about in terms of Jennifer - she stormed out several times during rehearsals leaving her partner shaking his head, there wasn't a week or two that went by that she wasn't crying about something. Maybe she's pre menopausal - but she came across as a total premi Donna. Can she dance and 'act'? Heck ya, but I didn't see improvement and much of the time her partner was swinging her around, which took less skills as a dancer but would be frightening for many. She is the daughter of Joel Grey - wonder how much money has been spent on dancing and acting lessons. She's been doing it all her life. Do I respect her for giving her all and over coming health issues? Yes, but I would more so if she had done so without the whining. And, as Life Coach I would suggest she ask herself what her motivating factors were and to appreciate how pathetic she came across.

The judges didn't have to tell anyone it was there best dance. Their job as judges is to be real and they've bever had a problem in the past being brutally honest with any dancer.

So don't judge me' if you didn't watch the show - I appreciate your opinion though and I hope you get the turkey neck and drum sticks to gnaw on, bad doggy. :)

Happy thsnksgiving to you too. Be safe!

Ronda Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

She gave a good final performance though. The judges said it was her best yet - steady improvement throughout. They put together great clips about her personal growth as thr girl next door (their words not mine) and how she'd grown and became an amazing dancer. She did herself proud - unlike the constant whine we heard from Jennifer.

michaelclayton 3 years, 4 months ago

So did Bristol Palin win? I hope she did. It will spell the end of reailty T.V.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

".....this simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman....." Hahahahaha!!! Hohoho! Oh god, I'm dieing here!

Why don't you go read the blog of a real "simple, shy, sweetly innocent young woman"? http://www.mercedejohnston.com

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Old one eye, I agree that would be some fun! Betty is quite the character. I'd suggest adding McCain too - because he's hot!!!!

oneeye_wilbur 3 years, 5 months ago

I want to see Ross Perot and Sarah Palin dance together and George Bush and Michelle Obamination together and then Betty White and Barry Obama together,

That would be a show!

missunderestimate 3 years, 5 months ago

Chelsea was keep away from the press and out of the public eye by the Clintons, until she was an adult.

Palin, on the other hand, screamed about privacy for the children, then immediately put her children on reality TV series, showboating them continually from the stage, putting them in commercials, and in dancing contests for celebrities. And now letting them go wild on facebook. Well, she did keep them away from the press, because she doesn't talk to the press either.

Some concern about privacy. Kinda like dressing them up in short skirts and putting them on the street, in my view.

Scott Morgan 3 years, 5 months ago

Sarah Palin and family have taken more public verbal abuse than anyone I can remember. I always cringe when I hear people call her dumb. I cringe because she whupped V.P. Joe Biden in a fair debate. Whipped him old school bad.

Do the math, if she is dumb, what is Biden? Further along, what are we doing with Biden a heartbeat away from running this country? Talk about buyers remorse.

I like and admire Sarah, but think her daughter should have been axed on DWTS.

It is a lot of public attention on a child of a politician though. ummmm? The amazingly financially successful Chelsea Clinton's wedding ring a bell? How did Chelsea become so wealthy, her parents are public servants.

Oh, she's different, she's a democrat politicians daughter.

local_support 3 years, 5 months ago

Gotta love this recent exchange on Facebook between Willow, Bristol, and some kids who don't care for the Palin's new "reality" TV show:

Sarah has taught her two daughters SOOOOOOOOO well about taking the high road. (j/k)

The Palins need to learn that not everyone is going to worship the ground they walk on. I've never seen "celebrities" like these with such thin skin!

Jay_lo 3 years, 5 months ago

Your take on Dancing With The Stars Ronda's a scary one If you think the other dancers All Palin comparison

I'm thinking Bristol's smiling face Might never have been shown If she'd just practiced some safe dancing And left Levi's Johnson alone

Mama Grizzly made herself a name With a failed attempt to be Vice P. And Bristol and daddy walked on stage And claimed baby made them three

But Sarah never made it To be Mrs. Second Fiddle And Levi changed his mind about The daughter he did diddle

But attention had been gathered And so Bristol got her chance But just because she's now well known Doesn't mean that she can dance!

jstthefacts 3 years, 5 months ago

"Why Bristol the Pistol deserves the win on Dancing With the Stars"

I thought she was of the non entitlement breed. switched over i guess

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Sounds rather like dancing on ice - at least as far as I'd be concerned.

What would your rules for dying or staying alive be? I think this show could fly!!!!

psycho_theclown 3 years, 5 months ago

Personally, I'd rather watch a show where the contestants actually risk something they already have.

I'd call it 'Dance For Your Life.'

Roland Gunslinger 3 years, 5 months ago

I don't care about DWTS, nor do I care who wins or loses... but I am interested in accusations of cheating.

This from a conservative website/blog urging reades to vote for Bristol. Make sure you read the user comments below the blog- that's where they pass on how to cheat ABC's voting system. http://hillbuzz.org/2010/11/15/bristol-palin-dancing-with-the-stars-watch-thread-4/#comment-315550

grammaddy 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm voting for Kyle next week.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Those are actually well written and entertaining.

I heard on some report that Democrats don't watch Dancing With the Stars. Apparently the man who shot his TV does, but maybe he's in the minority.

I'm not aware of what shows are competing - perhaps one more likely watched by democrats. Is Dancing too goodie two shoes for other political parties? I don't know.

witchfindergeneral 3 years, 5 months ago

It should surprise no one that fans of "reality" TV/vacuous contest shows would support a Palin. I've never watched the show, nor do I plan to, but here are a few completely uneducated, and frankly unsupported reasons (our right-wing friends on this site should be familiar with this form of dumbductive reasoning) to NOT vote for Bristol:

-She's related to Sarah Palin

-Sarah Palin is really not that attractive (anymore)

-"Thanks, Momma Grizzy!! I'm on TeeVee!!!"

-Her sister, Willow, is a homophobic bigot

-She shamefully, and against God's Almighty Will, conceived a child out-of-wedlock

-Remember Sarah Palin? I wish I could forget...

Annnndddd...

-"I can see reality stardom/shameless media whoredom from my house!"

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Terrific poem, Jay as usual! Reality shows I'd lose Never be invited, sad but true On game shows I would score For a gambler I am not I'd know when to quit Show em all my quick wit Never 'act' the least bit shakie When all that money is at stakie So reality star I'm not Super stardom not my lot But play the games of chance and brains And I'd come back a winner Not a whiner or a diner

Jay_lo 3 years, 5 months ago

Goodness not godness. sorry

Jay_lo 3 years, 5 months ago

Is there anything more fakey Than Reality TV Oh for godness sakey They're not a bit like you and me

Whether racing 'cross the world Or dancing with the stars They do what we've no chance to do Not in a million yars

Would a bachelor or a bachelorette Offer us a rose In some sexy secret hideaway Sounds preposterous I propose

If America's got talent Could you or I e'er make the cut I think we'd have a better chance That monkeys fly out our butt

Could I be a survivor Could you outlast all of the rest Could we plot and scheme and play the game And not be voted from the nest

Could we handle eight at one time Or have nineteen or more Could we be small in a great big world And not be shown the door

Oh sure they're people just like us And so we watch and root Pick a favorite, hold our breath And hope they win the loot

But it's all about the ratings So things get fudged a bit And as long as people watch the show Who really gives a $hit

So if you think you have a chance On this type of show to lurk I'd advise you, play it safely And don't quit your daily work

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Misunderestimate,

Speaking of manning up, how about only using one handle at a time. Aren't you the same person who once castrated himself in another life? :)

missunderestimate 3 years, 5 months ago

Ronda has gushed over Sarah from Day one. For whatever reason.

There is nothing wrong about being a self-described "defender of the little people," whatever that means.

But it doesn't remove a need to be thorough and accurate, and respond to an argument with particularity, to be treated seriously for your opinion.

When former Governor Palin (I'm sorry, I resigned from Governor to protect my family's privacy) criticizes American Idol as being a program of "victims of the cult of self-esteem," even Ms. Ronda, who compares the two programs as equivalents should defend the inherit hypocrisy, instead of making a glancing pirouette to our good friend Roe.

Sorry Ronda.... your topic, your discussion. Not mine. "Man up," as they say.

You can not dance away from your gushieness.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

In the meantime, the crybaby blog from disgruntled LHS employees now comes up, "Page Not Found". Wondered how long it wood take them to cross the line.

;-)

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

Yes, any teen mother who promotes abstinence over sex education deserves to win a dancing contest. God Bless America!

No, she shouldn't win because she broke the first rule -- she isn't a star. She is simply known to us by name for being pregnant at the time others were suggesting she had secretly given birth to her mother's baby. And her boyfriend ended up standing on the platform at the RNC. God Bless America!

Notice how we haven't seen Chelsea Clinton on this dancing show? Heck, even the Bush twins no better than a stunt like this.

jstthefacts 3 years, 5 months ago

Having a poor underprivileged family life, being chunky , having no dancing ability whatsoever, having to depend on a mountain of make up, and being able to overcome all of these tragic shortcomings has caused me to become a britsol fan. I mean just think of all the people in the world who may have been forced to be on national television but fortunately and by the grace of god- didn't. I can hardly make it through a day worrying about the next vote. In fact, its become my life. Please pray for bristol and that she doesn't get cheated out of the winners "pot of gold." Why, shes an american rags to riches story. The american dream.

Richard Payton 3 years, 5 months ago

My TMZ moment when Willow turns 18 - Palin's other cub won't get the gay vote when she appears on DWTS. Can we have a dance off between Obama's girls & Palin's girls?

booyalab 3 years, 5 months ago

Sadly, the days of high standards in reality tv for the talent level and poise of the contestants are gone. If only some distinguished individual could be enlisted to return us to the golden days of yore. I wonder if Carrot Top is busy.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I truly think she deserves to win. Well, at least as much as Obama deserves to have won the Nobel Peace Prize. whatever . . .

MyName 3 years, 5 months ago

Is it because she's a really good dancer? 'Cause I think that should be the deciding factor in a dance contest.

rockchalk1977 3 years, 5 months ago

Why Bristol the Pistol deserves the win on Dancing With the Stars? To irritate all the haters on this blog.

missunderestimate 3 years, 5 months ago

I appreciate Palin's phrase "victims of the cult of self-esteem" in referring to American Idol contestants.

I wonder whom else that phrase might be applied to.

missunderestimate 3 years, 5 months ago

justbegintowrite (Ronda Miller) says… "It's not any different than American Idol..."

OK....

See: Sarah Palin Slams 'American Idol' For Hosting 'Talent Deprived' Contestants http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652577/20101118/story.jhtml

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 5 months ago

Bristol Palin. The only contestent on Dancing that gained weight during the competition.

/low blow //ducks

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Beachlady,

Well you old fuddy duddy! :)

It's not any different than American Idol or the presidential election at this point!

I'm nominating you to be on skating on thin ice with the animals, so there!

Call me once you get out of your too tight ittsy bitsy yellow polka dot bikini! It seems to be squishing your brains! Lol.

Beachlady 3 years, 5 months ago

I enjoy watching Dancing With the Stars but I feel that it should be just that, as the title implies, with the Stars. I'm disappointed that it has become a popularity contest, and now a political contest. The judges' scores should have a larger percentage of the vote than the public's vote since the judges are the professionals trained in all aspects of the dance. I think there should be a sequel to follow titled, Dancing With the Amateurs, where non-dancers compete and the public's vote would be the higher percentages since everyone would be voting on their favorites with the best dancing improvement. And by the way, when ABC or one of the other networks picks up on this, I hope I get some of the royalties! LOL!

BABBOY 3 years, 5 months ago

The only thing more lame than Dancing with the Stars is people that follow and watch Dancing with the Stars.

Get a life.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm voting challenged so I haven't on this show. I did for Jason a few seasons back on American Idol. Are you charged for voting or maybe you want to tell me' how after the contest is over. I get rather obsessive. :)

missunderestimate 3 years, 5 months ago

Vote early, and vote 300 times a night.

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 5 months ago

'freep'

Yeah, liberals/far-left/progressives------wutev, love to come up with cute little names and phrases for the opposition---part of that isolate and destroy thing. They also just looooove to sort, segregate, pigeon-hole and categorize people---you know, tolerant libs and all that claim to not discriminate.

May your very own god suited to your very own non-traditional lifestyle----whatever, bless.

tolawdjk 3 years, 5 months ago

If Sarah is the Momma Grizzly, does that make Bristol the Dancing Bear?

Dance, Bear!! DANCE!!! The bourgeoisie must be entertained!!!

ilovelucy 3 years, 5 months ago

I do admire you, Ronda, for your commitment to the community and your beliefs. It's just that ours beliefs are different :0) And yes, I have gone door to door, made phone calls and helped with many campaigns in the past. I plan to continue as well.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm kinda afraid to ask if the letters in Freep stand for anything, but as a life coach I believe in over coming my fears and freeps - share?

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

(Just realized I forgot to take meds this AM. Hope the Sony don't get a bullet)

ilovelucy 3 years, 5 months ago

Face it, Ronda. You will support whatever the Palin family does because you really really like them. I get it, and whereas I think NBC made a huge mistake in putting Bristol on in the first place, they want ratings, which is what the Palin machine garners. The remark you made about the president's daughter, whether you meant it to be cute and rhymy or not, was uncalled for.
Believe me, I get it that you have a lotta love for the Mama Grizzly and her cub. Go for it. We can all have different tastes, but some may not be as public as you are for who and what you like. BTW, your support of Midge is one thing that I can agree with you on.

Ronda Miller 3 years, 5 months ago

Don't start now, Roe. All Palin women are too hot for you. I don't want to see you burn. Sizzle sizzle!

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

10. I've never watched DWTS! Wouldn't want to jinx her . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

8. She is gonna get the Nobel Peace Prize! (one in every Cracker Jacks)

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

7. Cuz teh haters is gonna hate!

Kontum1972 3 years, 5 months ago

i just threw -up on myself... ;-P

i viewed her presentation last night..it kind of reminded me of the Batman series ...with Adam West as the Batman.....

i tried real hard not to laff...... chk out Tosh.O and how they rated it....its a good thing Arthur Murray isnt alive anymore....

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

6. President Palin is gonna pay my gas bill!

BrianR 3 years, 5 months ago

Palin-blindness is a serious, emerging health problem.

The sufferer looks at a Palin and can not see them for what they are.

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

First, how did she become a "star"? Being young and having a kid when you are a kid in my eyes is not "star" material. Is it because of her mom (sure it is) so why not grab John Kerry's daughter as I think she is better looking and seems worlds smarter. Second, and maybe it is just me, but with so much to do in the world, sitting in front of the TV seems like a waste of time if you are going to watch DWTS (there is much better TV try watch PBS one night) Third, and this is just me, but I do not get how people can get so wrapped up in shows like DWTS, Skating With The Starts (although watch Vince Neil making a fool of himself might be funny for a second) Celebrity Apprentice, I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here, ect. Do you think "celebrities" sit around and watch Roe-ing With The Joints or Millering On the Blogs? I know, to each their own but it is not for me. I am happy that these shows keep people happy (would say out of trouble but shooting a TV is not good) but it is not for me.

Amy Heeter 3 years, 5 months ago

We expect anyone who danced with Patrick Swayze to score well and Brani has alot of experience too. For someone like Bristol with no background in stardom to rate is a big deal Initially she didn't do too well but her scores have increased and she has shown a great deal of improvement.

amesn 3 years, 5 months ago

Honestly Bristol's sucess on the show is what the show is really about. Taking an extremely green well know person and teaching them how to dance. Is she a great or even good dancer now? Not really, but she has shown improvement from week 1 till now and that's what really matters. Honestly, starts like Brandy, the Pussy Cat doll from last season, or even the ice skaters have an unfair advantage in my opinion. Ice skating is dancing on ice, and anyone who has seen the Pussycat Dolls perform or seen a music video of theirs, knows they have had special dance training lessons from choreographers. Even watching the train wreck that Kate Gosselin was on there wasn't THAT bad when you stop to consider she is no different than you or I competing on the show! I think all the contestants should have abilities similar to Kate and Bristol's to run a fair contest. Kyle Massey is another one that is a diamond in the ruft on here! He has wowed us all from day 1 with his dancing spunk! Personally I would have rather seen Rick Fox or Kurt Warner make it to the finals, I really like watching the athletes do well!

lounger 3 years, 5 months ago

This is a sad statement on our times. Who give a Fudge!!!!!!!!

michaelclayton 3 years, 5 months ago

I don't watch this show and I really don't give two cents about this girlor what her mom does, but this story cracks me up. A girl who can't dance but who survives on a competitive dancing show where, apparently, the professional judges berate her performances. A guy shoots his television over this situation. People swearing to never watch again. Homes torn apart. All thanks to a girl who can't dance. Imagine what this country would look like if her mother got elected. Wow.

missunderestimate 3 years, 5 months ago

My children have a talent for writing (and defending themselves like a mother Grizzly)! Didn't I train them well?

justmesis 3 years, 5 months ago

I agree with you! She is not an actress,dancer or had any background in either. She has shown a vast improvement as the weeks go on. She didn't start out already a dancer or performer. Both Brandi and Jennifer have these backgrounds to fall back on and project to the audience. Even the young man ( can't think of his name at the moment) has acting and performing skills. Projecting a style, ease, correct form and staying in character has got to be hard. I couldn't do it. So good luck Bristol...I was shocked when Brandi was voted off!

ilovelucy 3 years, 5 months ago

Sigh. That's all I can say. Sigh. Not surprising at all coming from Ronda.

BruceWayne 3 years, 5 months ago

"she was the underdog with no stardom behind her name" then why is it called dancing with the stars?

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago