LJWorld.com weblogs Anna Undercover

Anna Undercover: "Mom, I'm Dating a Stripper"

"I'm going on a date with a stripper, mom," my boyfriend apparently said right before our first date.

She was a little shocked.

"She said she trusted my judgment," my boyfriend recalled when I asked him about it a while ago.

Soon enough, though, the day comes when a mom wants to meet her son's new girlfriend.

"Hi! Thank you for not driving me away from your son!" I chirped, giggling as I walked toward my boyfriend's mom in her rural driveway.

We hugged and went inside.

The conversation did, after a while, turn to my line of work.

"Do you like it?" she asked me.

Eeeee.

"I love it!" I said, unable to feign an unenthusiastic attitude toward getting naked and dancing for strangers.

"Good!" she said.

"Is the money as good as they say?" she asked.

"Yes!" I said. (Well, this past couple of months, not so much, but hey).

There's a reason for her whole-hearted support, she said.

"When I needed a job in the 1960's," she said. "I looked everywhere. The library wouldn't hire me," she said.

"So I went to my local VFW hall and got hired as a cocktail waitress," she said. "I called my mother to tell her about it, and do you know what she said to me?"

"What?" I asked.

"She said 'that's a job for whores.'"

"What?!" I said.

"That's what people thought back then," she said. "Of course, they were wrong. People wanted to adopt me more than anything else."

I am so lucky!

Four bottles of wine later, the conversation was still going.

"I am such a fan of the ballet," she sighed at one point after she learned I went to ballet school for a time. "Show me a pirouette!"

I smiled, leapt to my feet, and showed her a perfect, single pirouette. She clapped and cooed.

Hooray!

I am so glad this is working. Secrets suck.

Comments

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

For our first date, we met up at the Ernie Miller Nature Center in Olathe and took off to Justus Drugstore in Smithfield, Missouri for some of the best food I'd had since I left New York.

Best first date ever! :)

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@grammaddy :) Thanks. I'm really happy with him. We're going to Vegas next week for the GAMA conference (basically a meeting of the uber-geeks who play Magic cards, hehe) and to visit my parents in SoCal. They love him!

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

There was actually a teensy bit of drama after the initial conversation, but it had nothing to do with stripping, so I'm going to go ahead and never mention it on this blog. Lol.

Just had to say so, so if I ever do have to talk about it, I can say I said something. Lol.

Weedy 4 years, 10 months ago

@Weedy I will email you!

FYI I flagged your comment in hopes that your email address might remain private. :)

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

"Four bottles of wine later"

...... really?.........

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@honeychild Well, there were four of us, and we were there all night. :)

We all did our part.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

Every mother's dream come true. Isn't that special.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

i have 4 boys. my son's prom date was a beautiful girl of romany descent who i thought was great-- plus i kinda sorta know her family and they are good people. that was just high school tho... i talk to my son nowadays about this and that and he tells me about how the girls at hutch community college are such goof balls (like he isn't sometimes! but whatever...). i just can't really imagine how i would react if he, or one of my other sons, said that they were dating a stripper. i mean, i would LIKE to think that i'd be very open-minded and not give a rat's ass but then i think back to my son's prom date... what if that would've been some chain smoking party girl, would i have been as enthusiastic?....

i am not likening you to a chain smoking party girl directly, anna, i'm just questioning my own open-mindedness and posing that scenario to myself because i have fashioned myself a free thinker, a liberal minded person who is a child of the universe... but, if it came down to nuts and bolts thinking, i might not be any different than the average card carrying national rifle association, republican, don't-date-outside-of-your-tax-bracket housewife. shrugs shoulders

my point is, i don't know how i'd react and i think that's one of those things where you can't really speak on it unless or until you've been thru something similar already.

Kontum1972 4 years, 10 months ago

WOW..!...Rifles & Stripping.......that would be a great name for a club...

Kontum1972 4 years, 10 months ago

OBTW...i have been to the VFW.....wasnt impressed....smelled like a old duffle bag.

denak 4 years, 10 months ago

Her son is reportedly a man in his late 30s. I'm sure Mom is less enthusiastic about him dating a stripper than the fact that, at his age, she knows she can't tell him who he can and can not date so she just shrugs her shoulders and makes the best of it. After all, you have only been dating her son for a few months (but already living together????) If you were getting married, I'm pretty sure she would change her tune somewhat.

Lastly, what woman in her late 20s, as "Anna" is, chirps and giggles. Seriously, grow up.

Dena

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

kon, what VFW doesn't smell like an old duffle bag? the old dudes that go in there look like they'd smell like old duffle bags.

Kontum1972 4 years, 10 months ago

chirps?

will penicillin clear it up.......?

Medic!

friendlyjhawk 4 years, 10 months ago

I just read this and am appalled at myself for doing so. Guess my response is "WHO CARES?"

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

the only thing is, you must care to some extent or you wouldn't have taken the time to read her blog and post a comment.

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

But you still won't tell your own parents, will you?

I don't care what anyone does for a living as long as it doesn't directly affect me. But what I don't understand are all your blogs seem to be about how you love stripping, but you still won't be honest with your own family. You can't say you truely aren't proud of what you do for money if you can't be open and honest to your parents about it. I've never held anything back from my parents, even if they didn't like what I had to tell them. So, why do you continue to act like your profession is nothing to be ashamed of, but refuse to be open and honest with those that supposedly love you the most?

No reason for the typical attacks I always see on here. This is an honest question that Anna hasn't ever answered (at least in the blogs I've read).

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

^^^^ good question and one worthy of a response by ms. undercover.

Zilla 4 years, 10 months ago

She really does chirp and giggle and is extremely cute when she does so. And you'd be surprised how many women in their 40's still do the same. I guess it depends on how happy a person you are? Anna doesn't look a day over 21 in my opinion.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

ooooookay. they still smell like duffle bags. and please do not try to ride out on me-- i don't want to hurt yours or anyone else's feelings up in here but i most certainly could if i wanted to. leave it at that, girl.

sincerely,

melinda a/k/a honeychild

daughter/granddaughter/great granddaughter of many great people-- some of which were military, some of which were not

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

vertigo always smells like brut. mmmmmmm! ;)

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

vert, i've seen the characters that go into the VFW. we have a rather large hall here in salina. some of them might smell fresh as a daisy but the LOOK like they'd smell like duffle bags.

and btw, i would've been in high school when you were in middle school so if you're old-- I'M old. :)

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

vert, if you DON'T want to be thought of as an old dude, whatever you do, don't wear old spice! wth?!

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

Vert, do you have tickets to That Thing I Like?

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

vert, i'll take a gander at that youtube when i get home. i don't watch the tele very often so i probably haven't seen that commercial yet.

@gatekeeper

In a previous blog, she mentioned that her parents know. It was very subtlety slid in there, but I caught it. So I think we can effectively drop the lying to her parents thing.

tvc 4 years, 10 months ago

Hero, I believe they think she is a waitress.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

That has got to be my favorite part of the story.

Just an fyi, anna, you are not a ballerina and you're not performing to standing ovations at Lincoln Center. You are a stripper who makes your money grinding your nude flesh on the laps of drunken strangers at a place named for a toilet that doesn't flush, and you occassionally get licked. You aren't Julia Roberts and this isn't Pretty Woman.

Think I've shown you disrespect before? Exactly what kind of respect do you have for yourself when you can't even tell those closest to you what you do for a living? Of course, we both know why you haven't to the folks -- it would break their hearts. If you can't even respect yourself enough to be honest about your wonderful life in the laps of strangers, why should the rest of us show you respect for what you do?

Answer - don't answer - it is all the same.

By the way, given any more thought to that tax question? Paying your fair share?

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic to the rescue again. How dare I ask a question of your dream woman.

She had mentioned in a previous blog that she'd told them she was a cocktail waitress.

Why don't you let Anna answer? You aren't her spokesperson and constantly trying to answer for her and protect her is just really making you look like a desperate individual. You are not here to decide what she can respond to. She's a grown woman and doesn't need you to be her online screener.

Jesse, my bad.

Sometimes drunken strangers -- how is that?

@gatekeeper

I decide when and when not to post. My post was an FYI type of thing and you decide to jump all over me. Seems like you have some pent up frustration that you decided to take out on me. I'm sorry for your personal problems, but I doubt I'm the cause.

I could care less of how I am perceived on this board anymore so I will say what I want, when I want. Anna has every right to answer your question as well, and often she does, whether I have commented or not. When I have something to say, I will say it. If she has said something regarding a post, be it a new reader or someone constantly bringing up the same issue, I decide to jump up and fill in the blanks. Hardly "to the rescue."

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic- you constantly "jump in". Why do you think everyone teases you about it?

You really do have some issues like was pointed out the other day on another blog (some were recommending anger management and you got at least one comment removed). I didn't "jump all over you". I think you read anger into posts because you are an angry person. I just stated that you can let Anna answer. You don't have to be her protector and screen everything like you always do. Look at your comment history. Good grief. I ask an honest question and you can't even give Anna enough time to answer it. You said it yourself "I decide to jump in and fill in the blanks". Why don't you stop doing that and let Anna answer questions about her blog? Maybe people would quit giving you so much cr*p if you finally did that for once.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Damned if I do, Damned if I don't, so I might as well do. I'm going to post when and where I feel like it and anyone who wishes different can rot.

Kontum1972 4 years, 10 months ago

OBTW.... you all..................i am a VietNam Vet....CW2 / Aviation.....i was 20--- RVn 71-73 and damn proud of it...

Liberty275 4 years, 10 months ago

Liberty275 4 years, 10 months ago

Kontum1972...

Shouldn't you be yelling "wheres that dustoff?"?

Liberty275 4 years, 10 months ago

"i just can't really imagine how i would react if he, or one of my other sons, said that they were dating a stripper."

I'd ask for free lap dances.

Yawnmower 4 years, 10 months ago

Nice to meet you virtually Anna. I'm a long time Farker myself.

Your blog reminds me so much of the period in life when I left the E. coast and ventured out to find myself in the world. There are many ways to advance yourself in life, and having the perfect little office job career is only one of many avenues you can explore. Rock on.

Back in those sow-your-oats days of being single I once tried to compliment my date by telling her that she was so hot she could be a stripper. Not sure why women find it so insulting or scandalous. Men sure as hell respect the profession. - State of Love and Trust (Busted Down to Pretense)

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

"I'd ask for free lap dances"

really???!!! wow. you're so cool.

Liberty275 4 years, 10 months ago

"really???!!! wow. you're so cool."

Would I be nearly as cool if I wore old spice while getting the free lap dances from my son's girlfriend?

budwhysir 4 years, 10 months ago

artistic dancers, yep its all in the artform

tubs_of_love 4 years, 10 months ago

Awesome, you met Vic's mother. Now I see where he gets it from. It IS really nice of you Vic to support your girlfriends blog.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@honeychild I think I would react the same way on the inside and still struggle to be open-minded. On one hand, I know that 95% of the girls are totally legitimately fine, but on the other, a part of my subconscious still buys the stereotype. It makes me mad because it's a bunch of junk.

@gatekeeper "You can't say you truely aren't proud of what you do for money if you can't be open and honest to your parents about it."

No. It's very possible to be thrilled with your job and present a modified version of the truth to people who would be hurt by that truth.

@vertigo Oh, of course. She knows I'm considering law school or potentially using my cash to open a business, assuming my stupid spending/saving habits improve.

I worked so hard to fix them and everything went to hell after Paris and New York. :P

amesn 4 years, 10 months ago

So anyways...how did you 2 meet? just curious! My husband refers to me as a prostitute jokingly at times...only because nurses, including the lovely Florence Nightengale were whores..all whores! I do get paid to provide a service and I won't lie, sometimes I turn old guys on just with my presence :)

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

Also, everyone please lay off Vic.

Just stop it.

If you bully Vic or ANY other user in the comments section of this blog, you will get the same treatment I give to rude customers who still want a lap dance from me.

Until you apologize and demonstrate better behavior, you don't get what you want.

This means you don't get your question answered, as @beatrice and @tubs_of_love are experiencing right now.

If a user who does not have a history of bullying asks the same question, I'm happy to respond. Until then, you should think about what it means to be a good community member of LJWorld.com.

(Farkers, shut yer traps!) :)

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

Am going to make dinner with the boyfriend now.

tubs_of_love 4 years, 10 months ago

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@amesn I went to his store and flirted with him hard core. The doofus didn't think I was actually interested in him, so it took a while for the relationship to develop over email and text. Finally, I announced I might move to California (too much to tell the story here), and he was like: "let me take you to Justus Drugstore before you leave!" And it turned out to be the best first date ever.

Two days after that first date, he flew out to meet my parents. They loved him, and we made it official on February 4th. :)

denak 4 years, 10 months ago

"....only been dating her son for a few months (but already living together????) " Judge much dena?.."

Nope just pointing out a potenial inconsistancy in Anna's persona. Anna likes to potray herself as this empowered, independent woman who has loads of cash and who is Ivy League educated. However, what comes out in her blogs is that she has no problem taking money and gifts from customers and exploiting them if it is to her advantage or accepting a trip to Paris to "translate" but then admits that she isn't fluent.

Point being, one has to wonder about her motives if she just met this guy a few months ago, one who is 10 years older than her and reportedly "established," and boom, they are all of a sudden living in together.

And as for the chirping and giggling, "Anna's" other persona is the "little girl victim." She employs this when people are "picking on her" or when she doesn't think she is getting enough attention by talking about her sore thighs and negligees. She knows that if she plays "cutesy" then people will come to her defense and coddle her. Chirping and giggling might have been cute when she was 8 but when a woman in her late 20s does it, it has nothing to do with being happy. It is nothing more than a manipulation tactic.

Dena

denak 4 years, 10 months ago

".....Doesn't every guy date at least one stripper in their lives? Even if the stripper only works for dinner and a movie...."

So, I guess that makes you a pimp. Of course after making an asnine remark like this, you probably think that is a compliment.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@denak Before you even made that comment, I wrote to Jon Kealing that you repeatedly inaccurately state that I claim I graduated from an Ivy League school.

I never did.

Please, stop perpetuating things that aren't true.

I never said I lived with my boyfriend, either. Please, just stop it and leave me alone.

deec 4 years, 10 months ago

So, Anna, are you sure that denak isn't a jealous ex-boyfriend of yours? He or she really does seem obsessed with you. I'm just saying.

anomicbomb 4 years, 10 months ago

Whilst looking on the ljworld for entirely different reasons, I saw you made a new post. Knowing you and never having read your blog, I gave it a look.

I know this is where I’m supposed to throw meaningless positive platitudes at you in a spirit of friendliness, but that ain’t my style. Some straightforward compliments and criticism follow as I can’t help myself.

The Pros:

I am glad your blog has taken off well. Your anecdotes you tell do give an interesting insight into your profession. The positive fun and passion you express for your job is greatly appreciated. I also admire you sticking with it and not letting some of the ridiculous criticism sidetrack you (the people acting like stripping must be a horrible experience, that it must hurt communities, that you can’t actually be happy doing it, in other words, the moralist prig b.s. directed at you personally). I do like your blog and its potential. At its best, your infectious fun shines through in moments. Concentrate and amplify these elements. The people knocking on the parental issue are extremely silly. Why risk hurting your parents if you can avoid it? So your parents couldn’t fully understand your situation. Big deal. Have fun, make money, and keep your relationship focused on what is mutually positive between you and them. Anyone who doesn’t support you in that isn’t on your side. Also, excellent that you and your boyfriend are doing extremely well.

I’m spending more time on cons, however, as I think that is where you can most improve your writing.

anomicbomb 4 years, 10 months ago

The Cons:

In terms of writing, your story writing is sufficient, but a little more depth to the total situation could improve it. At the least, the other people mentioned in your blog (whether customers or co-workers) barely seem to exist as real people, but rather are mechanisms for self-aggrandizing. I don’t think it is the real you, but your costumers come off as only walking wallets and co-workers primarily useful as tools of gossip. It is a blog, so you don’t need to get to the level of ideas, but more depth and humanizing treatment of others would help. As your diary/blog, if attention getting is your only goal, you are succeeding. Personally, I think you can do better.

The big one: You are incredibly detailed about digging trash on the situations of other people, but don’t apply the same standards to yourself. Not only would this cause me tension if I was a co-worker, it comes off as disingenuous. Without going into details, your birthday party from your ‘alcohol’ story was much worse than, “oops, I got too drunk and then got sick!!”. I’m not saying you need to share your worst moments, but consider the feelings of your customers/co-workers when you dish out their worst moments. Besides, angels don’t make the best story tellers, imo. It might please your white knights, but the rest of us see though it.

The moralism/denial of drug use or the possibility of prostitution is overdone. With your attitude and public persona, insofar as these occur, of course co-workers will hide them from you. I would. I agree it is an overstated reality and realize it probably gets old to have to face that accusation all the time. I can sympathize with this. The way people talk about it here is often b.s., and certainly unfounded rumor is no reason to risk legitimate jobs (i.e. the current bill that threatens clubs).

I doubt young strippers are much more likely to use drugs than young people in this area (save for personality considerations…risk takers in one area are more likely to be risk takers in other areas. Strippers are one of the social/work groups that this applies to). Drug use is probably at least as common in nursing, medical industries, high pressure/high performance jobs (uppers), so the criticism is largely unfair. Directed personally, it is ridiculous.

As for prostitution, clubs seem to try to prevent this fairly well and are serious about it. Anyone doubting that is wrong, as it is in the club’s best interest to not get shut down by enabling this law breaking. Be honest about the fact that this is for practical business reasons and not some big moral issue on the part of the club/dancers. Also, to act like it never occurs off site because you don’t do it or see it, or that it is merely a thing of the past, is a little short sighted.

anomicbomb 4 years, 10 months ago

For the sake of accuracy, as the owner of said mini-van in your ‘alcohol’ post, as ridiculously hilarious as that performance art was (I’ll never forget it!), I believe I told that story about two times, both later in that week. It and other stories (good and bad) were far from a subject of conversation for months. We like you and you are a fun person, but we aren’t caught up on you as the epicenter of the universe. You have those bases covered.

If someone one says, “don’t make a big deal of it” as in an ex-manager who allowed you to bend the rules to get the number of someone you found interesting, this probably includes not posting it on a public blog.

Knowing many past customers and a few past dancers, your workplace is a seedy joint. It makes an excellent den of debauchery. Don’t fret, that is 3/4th of the appeal. Those who don’t like it can stay the hell away.

You have to get off of the “experiences of others in stripping or at another time have no relevance to my reality or stripping in Lawrence”. You can’t defend the industry and ignore every inconvenient fact by appealing to the authenticity of your experience. Your life is not the whole picture. A better line of attack is to be a realist about possible problems, explain how they are not unique to stripping, explain how the club takes these issues seriously and fights these problems (as opposed to enabling them). and then expose the hypocrisy, stereotyping, and bad ‘research’ of attackers. You sometimes do this, but sometimes you do a logical side-step of using your own experience to pretend parts of reality you don’t like don’t exist.

I hope these don’t come off too harsh. That is not my intention. You’ve repeatedly mentioned wanting to write better (which I presume means having a wider perspective). I am your advocate in this regard, which is why I am commenting. If you actually only want attention, disregard my winded post and let the white knights and yay-sayers satiate your appetite for unfettered self-love.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@anomicbomb :) I love you, and yes, I appreciate your posts. Will spend some time digesting it all.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 10 months ago

"present a modified version of the truth"=lying to those who love Anna. very sad.

the story of Vic: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/mar...

that is, the comment thread quickly became about "Vic" the creepie stripper groupie.

oh yeah, in accordance with "our dear Anna's" stated policy, I do not expect an answer. don't care. lol

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@anomicbomb Recently, I've been more liberal about asking more people if I can write about them, and everyone has said yes. It's been good.

I just need to find time to put these pieces up here. I threw this one together so I'd have SOMEthing out there for this week, but between S.H. visits and writing t., worrying about it all and (tonight) freaking out about something I'll tell you about later, it's been hard.

Also, no medication means it's harder for me to be on top of things, so, there's that too.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@deec I am completely freaked out right now.

anomicbomb 4 years, 10 months ago

Very happy my posting appears to not have sparked an internet quarrel. At least not yet =P

If anything does come off as too harsh, remember that behind my hard words is a (usually) reasonable person who does support you and your writing =)

Writing with a bit of a bite to it is typically the only way I can do it...and sorry for the wall of text to digest (though it is about you so I'm sure you won't mind :P j/k). Posting here did help me hit my goal of 3-5 single spaced pages for a given night. I've been better lately of using this labor to work on actual writing projects I have, but occasionally I can't resist casting a "WALL OF TEXT" spell online if something gains my interest, as your blog did tonight.

anomicbomb 4 years, 10 months ago

I also forgot to mention how much I respect that you are willing to put yourself out there. I know this is in part a consequence of your extreme extroversion (as my extroversion makes me more likely to post this here instead of talk to you privately), but it is still highly commendable.

Seth Peterson 4 years, 10 months ago

When I read your first post and figured out you were you I tried to talk to you about the trolls on this site - LJWorld is especially bad for its lack of guidelines and control it has over comments and threads - part of this could be due to staffing and how much time can be devoted to watching threads. The lack of control on the site is the reason I've never posted, even after being an online reader for four years now, but some advice needs to be repeated.

Don't feed the trolls.

Once one is identified, merely ignore every post made by that person - don't even read it and immediately flag it for removal. Make no response to them. Vic (and others) should learn to do the same. Attempting to converse with those like denak, Beau and tubs is of no consequence - in your threads they much the same as porchie, marion, and so many many others are on political threads. They are not here to learn, nor will they change - they are here to harass and will continue to spout misinformation as blatantly as the cut-and-paste posts everyone has learned to ignore.

These readers are truly harmless and should not lead you to worry - you give denak far too much credit if you are freaked out. You can see on days you do not post these individuals spend their days on other people's blogs, or stories doing the same. You, personally, are of no consequence to them - they are merely using the platform you have given them as a way to draw attention to themselves and their opinions as if THEY mattered.

Like trolls of old they care very little for those that cross the bridges where they lurk, it is the bridge and the ability to impose themselves on others that they care about. Ignore them and move on and they will not follow - they just go back under the bridge waiting for someone else and there's enough traffic on this site that they'll find someone else to harass in short order.

tubs_of_love 4 years, 10 months ago

@Ludus - You are absolutely correct. Only what you fail to see is, without us, the Nay-sayers, Anna's blog, would get bumped down so far, that no one would hardly see it. It would be over for Anna on LJworld, she would have to find attention somewhere else, and that would be just fine with me. I also don't really consider myself to be a troll, maybe I am. Whatev... LJworld is my home page, I like getting my my local news from it, but I just don't like scrolling down and seeing garbage. When you say something like, "don't feed the trolls", maybe you should be saying something like, "Anna, I found a site where everyone cares about you and your awesome journalistic views." We will harass until we do not need to anymore, until Anna is gone. Either we go, or she goes, and guess who won't leave. So, Ludus, maybe you didn't think this one out very well and yes, AnnaUndercover, flag this and everything else that isn't praise and tell me, how many comments are left? Certainly nothing for Vic to defend. It would be nothing more than "Hey friends, I'm a stripper." and they would be all like "Sweet! See you this weekend."

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@denak I believe I made it clear above, but to make sure I've communicated everything I need to according to the advice I was given by the police tonight, please read the following, spread out over two comments below because of the character limit:

An Internet user with a different opinion is one thing, but a threat and continued rumor-mongering puts you in another category.

A Lawrence police deputy advised me in a conversation this morning to post this message to you. He said I should make sure you understand that I reported to him your comment from yesterday in which you made a threat to me by saying that I should "be afraid, be very afraid."

I also shared with the deputy that you have continued, despite being repeatedly corrected by me and at least one other user, to promote misinformation about me personally in the comments section of my blog.

He advised me to tell you not only that I've gone to the police, but also that communication/contact between you and me is being documented.

Even though your threat was deleted after I flagged it and emailed Jon Kealing about it, a screen shot of what you said is in the police's possession, and shortly, screen shots (forthcoming) of every time I told you your past behavior makes me uncomfortable and have asked you to stop commenting on my blog will be in their possession as well.

I have no idea who you are, and I have no idea what you will or won't do, and I don't want to find out the hard way that you want to hurt me, or anything or anyONE around me.

In addition to your threat, as I said above, I have also shared with Lawrence police that despite that you've been repeatedly informed, by me and at least one other user, that certain information about me is false, you continue to perpetuate it. You have posted repeatedly that I claimed I graduated from an Ivy League school (which I NEVER did), and--now--that I live with my boyfriend, which I NEVER did. Both of these claims are false, and I want you to stop spreading these lies IMMEDIATELY.

People who don't know what you are doing will believe what you say, and I never want to have to apologize for lies that YOU (or anyone else) knowingly perpetuate.

(@denak, continued)

I don't want to find out the hard way that your next rumor campaign is going to ruin my life, so stop it, right now.

In case you are unclear about how your threat and your rumor-mongering has made me feel, please know once and for all that I am completely freaked out by you and all your behavior and I want you to leave me alone for good.

I don't want you to comment on my blog, I don't want you to send me any private messages now or in the future, I don't want you to talk to me in other comments sections on this Web site or any other part of the Internet, ever. I have no desire to ever meet you in person or ever, EVER be contacted by you in any way. This means phone calls, smoke signals, telegram, email--all of it. Don't come to the Outhouse or any other place I work, volunteer, live, or circulate now or in the future. DON'T attempt to communicate with me--even to apologize.

If I had a picture of you, I would give it to the police and I would give it to my bouncers and tell them not to let you into my place of employment now and anywhere else I work in the future.

And just so you know, your behavior ruined my whole Tuesday and my Tuesday night date-night with my boyfriend. We both work really hard, and he went out of his way to move an employee's scheduling to tonight so he could get some time off and spend it with me. He works 12-hour days, and I work long shifts, too, so it's hard for us to ever get alone-time. You ruined it tonight.

Instead of having a nice night together, all we talked about was what the chances were that you might actually try to get to me physically (or otherwise), your continued rumor-mongering, and what to do about all of it.

I couldn't even concentrate on making chili for us. You threatened me, you're perpetuating rumors about me, and I want it to end. If you won't leave me alone, what am I going to do? Move back to New York?

I don't ever want to spend another date-night at/in/around the Lawrence police station, OR on the phone with them, when I could be enjoying a bully-free life, so do me a favor and stay away from me, my online diary (and EVER other blog I might start in the future), and its comments section, for good.

Life is way too awesome to waste time on a bully like you. I don't want to hear from you or think about you, your threat, and your rumor-mongering again.

Thank you in advance for ending this behavior and leaving me alone.

I am posting the above information in two places (this entry as well as the next one) to ensure that you get it and cannot use the excuse that you did not see it to continue to harass me.

I would send a private message, but LJWorld.com does not, to the best of my knowledge, store 'sent messages' for users, and I need a record of communication between us.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@anomicbomb Lol, don't worry; your comments didn't hurt me or anything. And if they did, I know better than to get into a fight to win the Internetz with someone who is epically smarter than I am.

I really deeply appreciate your feedback, and I think you know that. I can always count on you to be yourself (hehe!) and to be very honest (though, as we've established, I'm a horrible lie-detector and lie-teller. And sarcasm-detector).

You tend to underestimate my self-awareness re: being a terminal attention whore, but we don't hang out all that much so I understand why.

@Ludus "Like trolls of old they care very little for those that cross the bridges where they lurk, it is the bridge and the ability to impose themselves on others that they care about."

You are too amazingly sweet to get up in the middle of the night and comment on this mess. Sorry I woke you up with my phone call (pretty sure I did, anyway), and that I didn't catch you when you called me back. My phone's on vibrate and I've been at the Lawrence police department while/around the time we texted/played phone tag.

I can see your point about trolls, and I didn't have a chance to fully explain, but one of the users made a threat to me and I've been having a continuous cow about it since I noticed it yesterday morning. Luckily, the police have been really great, and I have managed to avoid having an actual aneurysm over it. We can talk more about it later.

That user and his/her threat and harassment aside (because it goes beyond the norm), I do agree that there are people who aren't on here to learn, listen, or respond. What sucks is that some of the questions/concerns they have really are fine to ask or express or whatever, but over time, they are mean again and again and again and I'm just done with it. Yes, it's the Internet, and as every good Farker knows, it does get bloody. But you don't have to be mean, and I've been lead to believe that the standards are a teensy bit higher on LJWorld.com. (I'll forward you an email that says it all in three sentences or so).

There's more to say/respond to, but I have to get going on my next post.

@tubs_of_love I'm not asking you to like me or anyone else who comments here; rather, I've been clear about asking you to be nice.

In theory, anyone is perfectly able to participate in a discussion here and talk to me without bullying or being rude to me and other users. You have a history of being rude and of bullying me and others, so I've put you in 'time out' until you apologize and behave better.

This is the same thing I do with customers who are jerks to me and still want a lap dance.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@tubs_of_love I just reviewed your recent comments and at first glance, it does seem that you are being nicer at the moment.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Also, don't perpetuate the lie that Anna and I are dating. I am not her boyfriend. I am nothing but a concerned and interested reader who later became a friend.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@Vic Thanks for bringing that up Vic.

And thank you for being vigilant for people who have questions and, sometimes, try to perpetuate misinformation on here. You know I owe ya for being on guard while I'm sleeping during the day.

trinity 4 years, 10 months ago

so, you've now given denak the power to ruin an entire evening of your life?? and no-i did not read the whole post you wrote nor did i see what she wrote to you. i'm going to borrow something from porch right now {laughter} because i just think, dear anna, that your entire blog is so self-serving and poorly written that it's become a huge joke. maybe take more than a little time to digest all that your friend wrote to you, because whoever that was, was right on the money as far as what your writing needs to improve. so, if i fall in to the category of deleted posts or whatever, so be it. again-{laughter}-you've opened yourself up to public opinion and sometimes contrary beliefs by making these blogs. and another thing-i honestly haven't ever seen you be very respectful about other people's lives&lifestyles; umm, should you not give, as you'd like to get? really, child-it is not all about you. you'll figure that out some day.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@trinity "and no-i did not read the whole post you wrote nor did i see what she wrote to you."

Then maybe you should butt-out.

Veritas 4 years, 10 months ago

holy cow...this has gotten really REALLY weird.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Anna, sorry to say, but since you choose to blog here in a very public place, you have no control over who can and can't respond to them. If you want to make blogs where you have control over who can make replies to it, then you're going to have to get out your pocketbook and pay for your own site.

As for feeling threatened, that is a bunch of malarkey. I think you're just throwing that around in an effort to censor those that don't pile heaps of praise on you. Everyone that has ever written a blog here has to deal with comments from people that disagree with them. Why should yours be an exception?

If denaK or anyone else wants to respond to your blogs, they have every right to do so whether you like the comments or not. As I said before, if you want to control who can and can't respond to them, then go make a blog on your own private site where you can have total dictatorship over it. Then it can be just you and your internet sweety commenting on them. Though he might not even bother since he'll no longer be able to fantasize about himself as a white knight riding in to save the poor little girl from getting her feelings hurt.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

What exactly does the TOS say about promoting a business? I thought that was supposed to be against the rules.

Succotash 4 years, 10 months ago

Wow more then I expected to find here today. Anna good luck with the police and taking care of this problem.

On a different note love where you are taking the blog. The whole this is what my life is like inside and outside of the club is the real reason I keep coming back. Even the stalker stuff is kinda creepy interesting. I think you probably did the right thing. The only thing left to do is get the poster's IP address which can be traced back to his/her address and then get a restraining order. Obviously this is an extreme measure, but it will offer you some degree of protection. Plus this would tell the person in question that you are serious and that the internet has some connection with the real world.

What was the anti strip club bill again? If you are organizing some sort of protest or such please let us know.

Anyway keep up the good work

trinity 4 years, 10 months ago

i tell you what, ms anna; now that you've given me such an invite to "butt-out", i believe i may stick around; just long enough to see your continuing spiral in to flames hit the ground. the only hesitation i have is that the more i reply, the longer you stay on the list. honestly, you want to blog, i take it; but you don't want anyone to offer their opinion unless it parallels your own! how funny. geez tons of posters have pointed that out to you already-can't you take a hint?
oh, and hon, a really great way to improve your writing skills? Read, read, and read some more.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

wow, i didn't realize anna had so many anti-fans! i guess i don't read her blogs enough to keep up w/ everyone who says mean things to/about her. some of it is a bit over the top, in my opinion. it ain't really that serious.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Seriously, why all the hate? Since day one, there has been nothing but hate. Due to the general lack of moderation, people here think they can get away with saying the absolute worst things about people. There is way too much hate and anger here. Let me give you all some advice that someone on this very board has given me recently.

Lighten up.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

@MacHeath I've learned not to drink that much at work. My poor roommates can tell you all about the late-night phone calls ("Can you come pick me uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?!") and other shenanigans. :)

I definitely don't let my boyfriend go to the club. It would just mess with his head for no reason, and that's no good. :P

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, I'm always learning. :)

@classclown @trinity I don't care if your opinion is positive or negative.

Constructive criticism is fine, but as long as you are commenting on the planet Earth from some location in the United States, you have to follow the same laws as everyone else. This means that if you break any laws during our interaction, you are crossing the line, and I will report the harassment, the stalking, or anything else you throw my way to bully me. I encourage others to do the same.

If what you want to do here qualifies as illegal in any way, you should reconsider your 'right' to say whatever you want. Just as if we were interacting in person, there are limits on what is OK and what is not OK.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 10 months ago

I'm jumping in the car now. Am going to enjoy the day, do some writing, and hopefully not have to deal with this drama again.

Thank you to people who can agree and disagree respectfully.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 10 months ago

babboy, i make typos constantly on this site and others. i type about 70-75 wpm. my fingers work faster than my brain many times.

and i totally agree w/ you about blogging styles. they are much less stringent. i read what dude said about anna's writing and agreed w/ some of it. i am a writer and i am sure he'd have much to say about mine. my favorite author is terry mcmillan and she writes in a very conversational style, which is why i love her work so much.

trinity 4 years, 10 months ago

oh how ironic. the blog's author is ready&willing&chomping at the bit to "turn in" posters who may piss her off by saying things that she does not like and/or that do not pander to her; however, she is totally ok with lap dancing, stripping, rubbing, whatever on guys for money-some of whom may just have some not so honorable intentions. i tried to point out, in a post to anna long ago, that there are some really creepy creatures that hang out at the clubs that may indeed have some really awful things going on in their heads-that they are preparing to carry out. thank god this is just words on a website. oh and hon? if we were interacting in person-i would be saying exactly the same things to you. i don't think you know what you've bitten off, both on and off the blog. that's all i am saying. it is my belief, from reading your blog(s), that you lack the maturity to handle much of what life can throw at a person, whether you're dancing or writing. and i still do not think your writing style is much to brag about. read more. it never hurts. and i tell ya, you're right. as much as i enjoy train wreck blogs, i think i'm done with this one. i'm getting bored with the whole victim/savior/downtrodden misunderstood dancer thing.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Please stop perpetuating the lie that Anna does not want people who do not praise her to comment on her blog. It has been very apparent that constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged. There are a few posters around here who have gone out of their way to attack Anna, her personal life, her way of life, and everyone associated with her. For whatever reason, these particular people continue to post and get more and more aggressive, to a point of threatening her, hence the issue with denak. Comments are certainly welcome, but for those people who don't wish to comment on the actual blog and instead levy personal attacks and threats Anna and her friends way, we ask that you just leave.

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic telling people to lighten up. Classic!!!!!

Anna wants everyone to read what she has to say, but will only accept positive remarks. Anna can post whatever she wants on these blogs, but she has to understand that people will comment and she may not like many of them. If Anna wants to put her life out there for everyone, she should expect to get all kinds of responses. No one is forcing her to put herself on public display. She likes putting herself up for all to see but doesn't like the negative aspects of doing this. And there are a lot of negative aspects of putting yourself and your life on public display. If she doesn't like a comment and thinks it inappropriate, she needs to flag it then ignore it. Anna creates hostilities because she responds and usually rudely. You'd think a peeler would have thicker skin. The best thing Anna could do is write her blogs to promote herself, then not comment on her own blog. Her responses do show her true age. She is an adult, but kids in their 20's are still very young and naive and her blogs and posts show this.

Regarding not being honest with your family about the life you have chosen - just something I can't understand. All families are different. My family doesn't hide things from each other and is very open, so the concept of not telling the whole truth to me is lying by omission. There are things that my parents didn't like about my life, but they respected me because they knew they raised a good kid and always trusted me because I never kept things from them. I guess I'm very lucky to have the family I have. Like I said, every family is different. And we're Irish so here's a blessing my mom has always loved that's kind of fitting:

May the joys of today Be those of tomorrow. The goblets of life Hold no dregs of sorrow.

Veritas 4 years, 10 months ago

throws potatoes C'MON GUYS. SCATTER! ENJOY YOUR DAY OUTSIDE OF THE INTERNET!!

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Well it's no longer called "Terms Of Service", but now is known as the "Use Policy Agreement".

By contributing to this Web site, you:

Agree not to solicit others. You agree not to contribute for the purposes of advertising or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, or to promote other web sites, without our express written approval, or where expressly permitted.

So how is this blog or any other blog by the author NOT an advertisement for a certain business. Or asking people to give her things to take on her trips?

Does the author have express written approval as stated in the Use Policy Agreement?

A couple of other tidbits...

Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this Web site any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non disclosure agreements);

Agree not to upload, post, distribute, e-mail or otherwise publish or make available on this Web site any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;

Anna. Considering that the very existence of your blogs are in violation of the Use Policy Agreement, I hardly see where you have any right to complain about other people's posting habits.

@classclown

I don't feel this blog is an advertisement. If it was, there would be constant ads for where Anna works. We know where she works because she has told us. When she started writing, she referred to where she works, and still does usually, as the ELB, therefore not referencing the name of the establishment. Besides, cut and paste doesn't make you smarter, it just makes you Marion.

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

classclown - they must have changed the user agreement. In the past I swear it said that sexual content wasn't allowed. Now it only says obscene.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Actually it would make me more like merril. :p~

I didn't copy and paste those bits to make myself look smarter. Considering where I posted it, I certainly don't need to do anything to try to make myself appear smarter. I may not have an Ivy League edumacation, but I certainly don't need to do anything to prove that I'm smarter.

As for "affectionately" referring to it by the stupid term ELB, considering she stated exactly where the location is, she has made it very obvious where she is talking about so it's all the same. People have been TOSsed of of here for vaguer references.

gatekeeper (anonymous) says…

=============================================

Actually if you read the entire thing, it does make mention of not posting anything of a sexual nature.

I'd copy and paste it for you, but I might get in trouble with Don Quixote ( or is it Donkey Hoady?) up there for trying to appear smarter or something. I might feel his wraith just for quoting you!

But it's in there in black and white. Another ding I guess.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

Anna: "Please, just stop it and leave me alone. Your stalker comment from the other day completely freaked me out and I want you to leave me and this blog alone."

"Then maybe you should butt-out."

Translation: Look at me! Look at all of me! And worship me and only be nice to me!! Not you, you don't look at me because you don't kiss my hynie when I write! Everyone else, look at me!

Vic: "Please stop perpetuating the lie that Anna does not want people who do not praise her to comment on her blog."

Vic, please see above comment.

Can't help to notice that Anna avoids the "do you report your full income or are you a leeche on society" question. (That must not be considered "nice.")

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Oops! My lack of an Ivy League edumacation showing up. In my previous post wraith should be wrath.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

Anna: "I definitely don't let my boyfriend go to the club. It would just mess with his head for no reason, and that's no good."

Double standards (great career and look at me!, but keep the boy out) and controlling behaviour (let my boyfriend). Wow. Class act there Anna, class act. That sums up your blogging practices as well. What a joke.

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

If it isn't called the Terms of Service anymore, then folks can't refer to people as having been TOSsed. Which is a shame because it was clever.

Hey all, I just came from downtown, and with more than an hour to go til the parade it was already a-hoppin'. Avoid the area if you're driving; if you're going down for the parade and some fun, hope you have a good time!

I gots to work....

KansasPerson (anonymous) says…

======================================

I guess I should have given credit where credit is due. I got the term from bearded_gnome. I don't know if it's his creation, but he's the one I've seen always using it, so I'll credit him for it.

Now we need to think of another clever term. So what can we do with UPA?

Here is an impersonation:

@Vic, would you please pay my taxes?

That would be swell. What a sweety. So nice. I like nice people, but mean people are mean and don't let me get away with doing whatever I want. You see, I get paid in cash and like virtually every other stripper in the country, I don't like to report my entire income the way decent citizens and other service providers do. I just like spending the money I bring in. Since I don't care to pay my fair share of taxes, would you mind picking up my portion? How about he rest of you? Thanks :)

Oh, and don't tell my folks what I do. It would break their hearts because they actually think I am capable of making something of myself.

Okay Vic, can you tell you I am?

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Call me Don Quixote. Call me a white knight. I'm sorry, but chivalry is not dead. All you parasites on this site just want your pound of flesh. And yet in the end, you can't look away. You know as well as anyone on this site that every single post you put down bumps up the blog. Every time you post you are perpetuating this feeding frenzy. And you basement dwellers love it. You are allowed to run rampant on this board, showcasing that you are nothing but a bunch of petty, nit-picky, horrible people. If there was any decent moderation around here, you would have left a long time ago. When one of your posts gets "pinked," you cry censorship. I am sorry you gelatinous tapeworms can't learn when to say 'enough.'

Well, I am saying "enough is enough." For those of you who actually 'get it,' I thank you. I'd also thank you from Anna, but as some of these parasites have pointed out, I don't speak for Anna and I should let her speak for herself. Your constructive criticism, your comments, your praise are very welcome and makes it so I don't lose faith in all of humanity.

kthxbi 4 years, 10 months ago

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

To quote several previous commenters, "Damn, Bea!"

If Anna has actually said that she cheats on her taxes, could you point me to that post and/or comment?

I suspect that such a post/comment doesn't exist! If someone were stupid enough to cheat on their taxes (I've heard audits are about as fun as having a root canal and a colonoscopy on the same day), I guess they might also be stupid enough to publicize that fact, but I don't think Anna fits in that category!

I love the give-and-take on this forum, and I don't mind hearing opinions from all sides, even when I don't agree -- but this sounds more like you're accusing her of something that you have no proof on. And it's an illegal thing that you're accusing her of. Why would you do that?

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

MacHeath (anonymous) says… Hey, sometimes a blog, is just a blog.

I am sure most posters here have flaws that could be picked to pieces. ////

Everyone has flaws. The difference is, she puts her life on public display, by choice. Commentors are only commenting on what she puts out there.

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

@classclown, I still like TOSsed. I think they should change it back. I can't think of anything to do with UPA. Better put on the ol' thinking caps.

(When I typed that, I remembered that when I was tiny, like kindergarten age, and a teacher would say "Put on your thinking cap," I actually pictured it as being a little red cap. I know that was random, but I haven't had much sleep.)

@KansasPerson

Isn't it wonderful how some posters can just go around, accusing people of committing illegal acts without any proof, and say they can and it's just a joke because they are only accusing an anonymous poster? The malice that some people have around here is starting to become intolerable.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

KansasP, you think I was impersonating Anna? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

No, I've asked her the tax / paid in cash question on more than one occassion, but she hasn't had the time to get around to answering it, I guess. Since I don't know this to be true, why would I ever accuse Anna of such a thing? I was impersonating someone else. Really.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

vertigo (Jesse Crittenden) says…

Bea says.. Double standards (great career and look at me!, but keep the boy out)

I think it's more of a managing jealousy rather than a double standard. I'm sure she would allow he BF to attend another strip joint, just not the one she is working at. He may see her giving a lap dance, get jealous, start something and get himself and her in trouble.

Some people can't compartmentalize what they are feeling based on what they are seeing and what is actually happening.

========================================================

I guess Donkey isn't allowed to go either then. Don't need anymore incidents at the Outhouse.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

KansasPerson I agree with you 100%. It is shameful. It should be changed back.

Though there are plenty of people that still refer to 15th street as 15th street and not by that other name, so I guess we can continue referring to it as TOSsed. Even if it's only for nostalgia's sake.

Maybe we should put it to a vote. How about it folks? What do you think? Should we continue using TOSsed or try to think up something clever for UPA?

Vote here Vote early Vote often

gatekeeper 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic - Heck, I just check out her blogs for the entertainment factor, not for her writing skills and story lines, but because of the posts. There's some great comedy on here (thank you kthxbi for todays best one liner). You and many others take these comments to heart and shouldn't. You're letting comments from unknown people ruin your days. Heck, you're defending an unknown person from other unknown people. How ridiculous is that? And you chastise those that you think attack this blog writer you defend, but then you attack them and call them names (basement dwellers, genital tapeworms). My goodness. One could study all this and write one hell of a disertation for a psych degree. This is some great people watching (from an anonymous distance).

Everyone getting all worked up over nothing, follow my lead. Go take a long lunch, enjoy a beer or two in honor of St. Patty's and relax!!!!!!!!!! But, I'm sure that won't happen so I'll see what wonderful humor is on here when I get back. I will at least be relaxed.

Vic (anonymous) says…

@KansasPerson

=======================================

You mean like accusing people of being stalkers? Without any actual proof other than an overactive imagination?

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

Keeper of the Gate:

It was gelatinous, not genital, but your version is good too! (I don't think you can get tapeworms in that area, but I'm not a doctor, and if I were, I sure as hell wouldn't specialize in tapeworms. Yuck.)

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

p.s. to gatekeeper --

have a good lunch. And have a beer. It's a cool and green treat on a late-winter afternoon!

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Looks like Vic flagged me for quoting what kthxbi said and laughing about it. But it was definitely LOLarious .

Titling his flag at windmills.

BMI 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic, sweetie (not sure what to call you now that some are saying you are one of the strippers and not the gender some think you are)

You mean similar to how Anna is accusing Denak, now that the comment has been removed and we can't see those words in context? Perhaps Denak was saying, as she has in so many posts that stripping is an unsafe business to be in. Perhaps they were heatedly discussing the intercourse of argument, using terms of similar to "don't make me come over there' and Anna is blowing this completely out of proportion for her own benefit due to temporary emotional stress due to her age and situation, given the many things she has told us already about her past. She really has told us so many things, everything we need to know, in so many places, about everything. Too bad the site is so limited in graphics, I'm sure she would go all out to do more More MORE! But then, she wouldn't really want anyone to know anything about who she really was, even though she told us all, and has in so many places.

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

Classclown, I had a comment pinked once and didn't know why. I emailed JK, and he told me that it was not because of anything I'd said, but because I'd quoted a comment that later got the pinking shears. So possibly the ktxbi comment got pinked and then yours was a sort of corollary pinkage event.

@BMI

Firstly, I'm a dude and I don't have the body of a stripper, so people may only pay me money to put my clothes back on.

Second, as for denak's comment that freaked out Anna. I don't think that she truly intended any malice nor was it necessarily worth visiting the police about, but in this world, you can't be too safe. I don't know what the intent was and apparently neither did Anna. Better to be safe than sorry.

On that note, I call for a truce from all posters on this site. We put a moratorium on posting accusing someone, jokingly or otherwise, of any crime including and not limited to stalking, stabbing and tax evasion.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Acting a little less holier than thou and answering the questions would go along way to put an end to that. Avoiding them only causes people to speculate which may OR may not lead to the wrong conclusions.

BMI 4 years, 10 months ago

Thank you for the clarification Vic, there were some comments on another thread to the contrary, which made reading newer comments rather amusing. Almost sad really, but good to know. The mistaken identity added to the sideshow.

=====================================

Translation: We started a fire that got too hot and has raged beyond our control and we are getting burned. Please stop it.

Remember. Only you can prevent forest fires.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Just because I said I didn't have the body of a stripper didn't mean I have the body of Fat Albert either. I am, in many ways, your average guy.

Oh, and those who, in previous articles, wanted to make the letters stand for something, they do:

Vanilla Ice Cream

Almost everyone likes vanilla ice cream. You know what you are going to get with vanilla ice cream. You always know where you stand with vanilla ice cream. It's a good stand-by. Sometimes, people want chocolate or rocky road or orange sherbet. That's fine. Vanilla is always there when you want it. Put a little chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream and you have a party!

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

"nor was it necessarily worth visiting the police about, but in this world, you can't be too safe."

If safety from potential stalkers was the concern, perhaps having a blog screeming "look at me - I'm a stripper - ain't I grand!" isn't the best idea. Just sayin'.

And you are right Vic. No more accusations of any strippers anywhere not reporting every single dollar stuffed inelligently into a g-string or picked off the floor with their teeth while bent over backwards. You have me convinced that all strippers certainly must have their QuickBooks up to date, seeing as how they are all wonderful people with hearts of gold.

tubs_of_love 4 years, 10 months ago

@Vic - I'm sorry to assume that you are the boyfriend, but it just makes sense to me. I'm sure if Anna actually has a boyfriend, he would want to be a part of this blog, and you sir, are a big part. Whether you are or are not the boyfriend, I don't care. I was just giving you a hard time in the first place.

@AnnaUndercover - You can't just ask people to be nice and expect then to listen.

@beatrice

I will give you the probable fact that most strippers may not keep the best of tabs on their finances, I don't know what Anna does. What I can tell you is, given by what I know about her political beliefs and how strongly she believes in them, ideally, her life would be dedicated to public service be it as an elected official or some other public servant. And by that support in government and the well-being of this country as a whole, it would behoove her to pay her taxes like every red blooded American should. Have you paid your taxes? I have. Got my return back before Valentine's Day actually.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic, me pay taxes? The gubment don't know where my shelter is, so why should I bother with such trifles as taxes?

Honestly, I don't believe having strong political beliefs has anything to do with how good of a citizen one is. Barrypenders has strong political beliefs.

Oh, and yes, of course I have paid my full share of taxes. Every single dime. Interesting how some avoid such a question though. (You score a couple of points for using the word "behoove," by the way. Grand word, hardly used often enough.)

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Behoove. Isn't that some sort of hairdo? Do strippers fix their hair in behooves? :p~

amesn 4 years, 10 months ago

@Beatrice just curious of your opinion on this-My husband became unexpectedly unemployed 7 months ago and has been unable to find anything worth putting 3 kids in daycare to go punch the time clock for. At the beginning of 2010 I changed my w2 info and now claim enough exemptions that little to no federal or state tax is withheld. Of course Medicare and SS is still withheld this being unavoidable. The extra hundreds of dollars that were previously withheld are much needed for my family who is now surviving off of only one income...and because nurses are still underpaid (imo) we will still receive a refund for next years tax return based off of our income and supporting 3 children. This is of course a quite different situation than Anna's, I don't believe she supports anyone but herself from her earnings, but in the same sense is it really that much different? I am managing our income to fit our expenses month to month rather than receive a larger refund at tax time so I suppose one way to look at it is Anna is managing her income to fit her needs? I think someone earlier stated this technique is similar to waitresses and bartenders whose income primarily comes from tips. A friend of mine works as a waitress at a local establishment and at times comes home with $200 cash in her pocket (especially on game days!) but only around $20 of daily income is actually reported to the IRS because she makes like $2.50 an hour or something like that. Every single dollar you or I make is reported to the government but in Anna and my friend's case they are not and they quite possibly make better money than I at times but I feel to categorize strippers as being the only profession that 'doesnt pay their dues' would be inaccurate. In some ways one may feel I am not because of my exemptions. just sayin :)

TempleDrake 4 years, 10 months ago

I never really wanted to post on anything like this but as my job has been slow lately I have spent a fair amount of time reading. Anna, I have some major problems with some things but before I get into that let me tell you a little about how im coming to this. My girlfriend of almost 2 years now and I met while she was dancing at the "Kansas City Ballet" as we will call it. She still dances there. Some nights are awesome, some are rough, some customers are rude and worse some are good. No matter what at the end of the night I console her if shes had a rough night and laugh about it or smile with her when shes happy. That said, my problem with how you present things is that in my eyes youve lost all credibility. My girlfriend is not the first dancer ive dated or been close to so I know this isnt just me thinking I know everything because ive dated one dancer. For instance you glorify dancing and always say "this guy gave me 300 for a dance" and this guy gave me this much, but youve never written about the nights where no ones there or worse no one is interested. I know they happen, even to the best looking and most talented girls it happens. You act like a guy doing something hes not supposed to do is shocking and vile, but it may not happen every night but we all know it happens. You say that dancers dont do drugs or sell themselves and maybe you dont which is awesome, maybe as with my girlfriend you are very respectable at your job but lets face it not all girls are. Do you see what im getting at? Because of your vehement denial of the truth I just cant take what you say seriously. Although I will admit that im hooked on the blog itself, love the idea. But even with the perpetual drama I mean I understand being offended by the threats but your inability to deal with those who criticize you will only hurt you whether its law, journalism or any field for that matter.

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

Interesting Vert. Never knew that. What if they work in a place with lousy tippers, and they don't get even 10 percent? (I know, it's unlikely, but just say.)

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

amesn, first off, sorry to hear of your husband's job loss. Best of luck on that front.

No, I don't think your situation is anywhere close to someone who fails to pay taxes on unreported income. You are declaring exemptions, which I assume you would do at filing time, so the actual taxes you are paying doesn't change. It just means you won't get back as much when you do file. Nothing wrong at all in utilizing to the best of your ability the system as it is set up. If you can find your way to save money by negotiating the legal hoops and loopholes, more power to you.

Secondly, I have no idea if anna reports her full income. I've asked on more than one occassion and she has sidestepped the question each time, which raises my suspicions. Wait people (and strippers) are supposed to report the full amount of tips they earn, although we all know some do not, as vertigo points out.

Anna routinely discusses the money she makes, using it as her primary justification for stripping in the first place. Actual dollar amounts are given at times, such as the $300 the guy who licked her gave her for a single dance. I bring up the tax issue because it is part of any income equation, or at least it would be for the rest of us should we be fortunate enough to make big, big money like anna. So I am curious about how anna goes about paying hers, yet she doesn't respond, which is her perogative.

KansasPerson 4 years, 10 months ago

To be fair, Bea, I think Anna has mentioned the length of time she's been at this -- I don't remember the exact # of months but I am pretty sure it was under a year. So maybe she hasn't had a chance yet to do her TY 2009 taxes. Of course, if you're going to say she should be doing quarterly taxes, then maybe. I work freelance and I have to do them. But there's no penalty for not doing quarterlies (as far as I know) unless you end up making more than a certain amount of non-withheld tax by the end of the year.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

Fair point, KansasPerson, and one I didn't even think of. Anna couldn't answer that question because she hasn't filed taxes possibly yet. So, it's not too late. To say that all strippers take care of their "fair share" of taxes is probably wrong. This would be Anna's first go-round with the cash income/tax thing.

Succotash 4 years, 10 months ago

@Beatrice She has mentioned paying taxes and paying them in multiple states. So it has been mentioned before. If you choose to make it an issue it is up to you. Personally I would find asking about someone's taxes to be rather crude. Somethings are private and probably should remain that way. I personally care a lot more about those wall street bankers and if their bonuses are being taxed. Considering that most of that money is government bailout funds I want to be sure we get a significant portion of it back. It seems the more money you make the more ways you find to cheat on your taxes. Then again that is politics.

newbee2 4 years, 10 months ago

@ Anna I have been reading your blogs, just never had further reason to comment amongst all the drama that is stirring, but today, I don't know, I just feel like I need to tell you this. Most people choose to post comments or blog anonymously. Being anonymous doesn't bring out the best traits in some people's personalities as they tend to say things that they might not otherwise speak out loud to anyone, for fear of the consequences. That creates some of what we see on your blogs, people saying things with a "Oh, SNAP!" attitude. Kind of like a grade school playground. However, Anna, when you put too much personal information out on the internet you take a HUGE personal risk. I think in your industry women are at risk enough from some weird customer getting some kind of fixation on you, and taking it to a scary level. That is what I would be the most afraid of if I were in your profession. And as much as I love to write, I don't think I'd chose to share so much detailed information about my life on the internet. I'd be too afraid of some crazy "stalking" me like you think is happening as a result of your blog, and I have to say, your story about the "jerk friend" made me realize just how naive about things you really are...I guess I have never caught your age, but you must be very young still.

Anyway, yeah, we all have freedom of speech, but there are consequences both ways for that speech. If the information you choose to share has set someone off, you have to take responsibility for it and they have to take responsibility for their reactions as well. It is a two way street. My advice is learn from this and guard your personal life and your job instead of putting it all out there and crying foul when someone takes the information you gave out and starts using it against you. It is a scary, hard world for women. Just take a look at what is happening to women in Haiti and in other parts of the world and maybe open your eyes a little wider. Ya know? You can't keep playing a poor little victim, Anna, I am sure you don't really want to be one. "Open your eyes".

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

Succotash, glad you feel asking about taxes is crude. You are correct. It is crude, but then again not much about this blog is lacking in crudeness. So what are your thoughts on stripping, on grinding one's crotch on the laps of strangers for cash, or getting on a stage and twirling around a pole like a nude hunk of meat while men throw crumpled dollars at the "dancer"? Crude? I feel it is. Not much about stripping that isn't crude, be it the very act to the way money is exchanged. Crude from the word go. Crude, crude, crude.

Rest assured, if a wall street banker appears on this site and writes a blog, I'll be sure to ask about how he handles his finances too. I'll be especially crude when he starts to tell me I'm not being nice.

blueharley is also correct. This is a trainwreck. Sometimes, however, you just can't help yourself from qawking.

Vic, ever read Dracula by Bram Stoker? It has been many, many years since I have. There is a character, Renfield, who does the bidding for Dracula during the day while Dracula sleeps. He promises Renfield that he will give him eternal life, but Renfield must worship Dracula in exchange. It ends up driving Renfield mad, and he eats bugs in an asylum.

Not sure why he comes to mind.

Seth Peterson 4 years, 10 months ago

Vic - don't feed the trolls. It is simply better not to give into the immediate emotional impulse to correct someone who merely wants to keep being given an excuse.

ohseriously 4 years, 10 months ago

workinghard 4 years, 10 months ago

Darn, missed it, that was quick and a new user at that.

rbwaa 4 years, 10 months ago

eh, i don't know, the more i read this stuff the more i believe vic isn't being chivalrous, i believe 'he' is anna's alter ego...

GoodGirl 4 years, 10 months ago

Are you kidding me? Police? Restraining orders? What if Anna misreads my comments... I might just call the police myself. This is getting way weird or is just a marketing campaign to get more attention to the posts that many people agree are one sided. You got way too much personal info out there, considering where you work and who you want to be (attorney). How in a world are you going to explain this to the Bar on your admissions application?

anomicbomb 4 years, 10 months ago

@Vic - If you are personal friends with Anna in real life and have been for some time and I just don't know this and hence you defend her, disregard my post.

If, as I fear is more likely the case, you are her defender because you know her from her work and/or you are a fan of strippers in general, I'd like you to slightly reconsider your behavior. You can do better and show more self-respect.

It is not that you like Anna's stories or find her detractors to be full of b.s. This is fine. It is that your level of personal and emotional attachment to the situation that bothers me. Unless you are an actual friend of hers, it comes off as basically pathetic. While it is not pathetic in the same sense as the prig morons who endlessly spout vacuous inanity against Anna because of her profession or because they are boring peasant thinkers, it still comes off as weak.

Look, you seem like a nice supportive person. That is appreciated. I only want you to examine your own motivations to make sure you are supporting people because they are actually interesting or you actually have a real friendship with them. You may very well be practicing the halo effect, where perceptions of physical attractiveness cloud your vision and make you think someone is an exemplar person when they are as flawed as anyone else.

I know this is just some random blog and comment dialogue on a low-rent local newspaper, so I don't expect much, but the most annoying part of this blog is that those commenting have no perspective. The trolls see one bad trait (whether it be the 'immorality' of stripping, or Anna's self-absorption) and endlessly rail against everything without consideration. The white knights get caught up in a perception of young and pretty (or whatever the hell motivates you types) and defend, defend, defend without consideration. And for what? The occasional scrap of praise? A sense that the pretty little thing needs someone to protect her? C'mon, you can do better.

What you are practicing is not 'chivalry'. It is interpersonal subordination to people you don't even really know for the most shallow of reasons. And actually, if you only have read the stories and actually don't know the people, your motivation to subjugate yourself is not even shallow.

While this may not be true for Anna (who is a genuinely kind and caring person insofar as she can think outside of herself), for most women and especially most strippers, such behavior will not gain you respect or favor. They might rely on your 'chilvary' when it is convenient, but mostly you'll come off as a weak, pathetic chump with little self-respect. For some, you will be just another in an endless line of weak-willed suckers who will be customers or resources to exploit when support is needed and ignored when support is not.

This is only my opinion. I could be horribly wrong.

Vic 4 years, 10 months ago

If I make a blog, then it is about me. This isn't my blog. It's Anna's. It's also amazing how off topic this has become. I would leave additional comments, but I think it best to not feed any trolls. Good night.

denak 4 years, 10 months ago

Ok "Anna," you win, I will cease and desist. But for the record, you are full of it.

First of all, the supposedly "threat" was a joke. Anyone who puts, (he he he he he he he he) behind a popular Hollywood line, is not making a threat. Nor was that threat directly said to you. It was more towards the people of Lawrence.

Secondly, and more importantly, at no time have I ever emailed you, threatned you, given any indication at all that I had any intent to do you harm or to visit your workplace, nor have I at any time stated any motive as to why I would want to harm you.

Third, the police must not be all that concerned because quite frankly, I have told enough about myself over the years that all they would have to do is do a very basic check in their system to come up with who I am. From my answers I have given over the years, they have a rough description of what I look like, they can figure out my profession(s), they know I am former military and what branch and when I served, and they can quickly figure out that I have handicapped people in my family and even what school my son goes to. Not to mention where I did my internships.

Somehow, I think they can figure out that I pose absolutely no threat to you nor have I ever posed a threat to you.

Likewise, I highly doubt the Lawrence Journal World feels that I pose a threat to you. If they did, they would have communicated their thoughts to me either via telephone (they have my number), email, or letter.

You, on the other hand, pose a bigger threat to us then me to you. You have effectively censored what I, and others, can now say to you on your blog and indeed, the whole site. Not Jonathon. Not the Lawrence Journal World, but you. Congratulations. You must be so proud!

Dena

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

A friend just told me of a blog that has been going on for several years -- written by a now former stripper in Texas. It is called "Grace Undressed." It actually is well written, from the little bit I just read. Real insights into a sleazy part of our society. It isn't always pretty and it isn't all about "me, look at me!" like some blogs can be.

I wonder if "Anna Undercover" ever heard about "Grace Undressed"?

Good night Vic. Sleep tight, defender of defenders.

lmn 4 years, 10 months ago

Popping some corn right now, because this is getting good. Who needs cuzins n such with this special brand of entertainment?

kicks back feet continues to read the thread with an amused grin on my face

Vic is plain creepy and denak is harmless. Well said, blue73harley.

amesn 4 years, 10 months ago

@ Vertigo..thanks for clearing that up for me...I was unaware how that worked to be quite honest! @ Beatrice I do understand your position on the tax..eh..should we say evasion on Anna's part. Maybe after she is rested up from her wild night last night she will clarify her income tax process! I suppose most of us could admit we would pay little to no taxes at all to help our financial situation! I would rather not 'loan' my money to them anymore than I have to!

rbwaa 4 years, 10 months ago

trolls? what trolls? i don't see any trolls...

bearded_gnome 4 years, 10 months ago

Kansas-person/ClassClown, yes I take credit for inventing "TOSsed off." I am proud of it. thank you for the recognition.

it has been a mystery why "our dear Anna" hasn't been TOSsed off a long time ago for: advertising a business and her prsonal interactions; advertising for donations; lewd/obscene posts.

Regarding "Vic" I've been referring to him as the "creepie stripper groupie" for days now. rightfully so.

Denak, don't worry: that "helpful officer" probably spent most of his time trying to look down her shirt I bet.

yes you were joking, as if you were the one who did the attack outside the Outhouse the other night! LOL.

clearly this is just more of "our dear Anna's" drama routine. I do know you weren't threatening her. I think she knows it too.

tubs_of_love 4 years, 10 months ago

bearded_gnome 4 years, 10 months ago

meant to add in previous post:

DenaK, I just love to see somebody ordering people not to post on her blog!

can't take BF to her workplace. that speaks volumes.

oh yeah what Bea said regarding the schlubs she's grinding on and presenting herself naked for them.

Blue is a wise man.

RoeDapple 4 years, 10 months ago

241 posts tallied...

183 actual showing...

Seems our mystery ghost postie has struck again...

local_support 4 years, 10 months ago

@beatrice

Personally I would not share ANY information about my personal income with any ANONYMOUS person. It doesn't matter if I had cheated on my taxes every year or not. God knows what your next step would be regardless of the answer. Would you phone the IRS and try to destroy someone's life? I think you would.

Take the chip off of your shoulder. I know that is a futile request but call off your dogs Mr. Burns. Why in the world do you have it in for this girl? Because she takes off her clothes for money? There are a MILLION more things out there that are so much more worse than this. Why don't you go help fight world hunger or volunteer for a charity instead of wasting your time trolling the stripper blog?

At the very least please explain what your motives are here. Because for the life of me I cannot figure them out!

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 10 months ago

Roe, use the back door. But don't tell clownie.

workinghard 4 years, 10 months ago

Anna's new blog comes up Page Not Found. Was it there earlier, did someone copy it? Post it in The Pack Room and Tubs of Love's last pinked comment too.

workinghard 4 years, 10 months ago

Ooops, it's back now but still need Tub's pinked comment.

beatrice 4 years, 10 months ago

local, I wouldn't give out personal information either. To do so would be foolhardy. As far as a motive goes, perhaps I just don't care for anna's tone. Also, I think this whole blog is b.s. It is just a marketing ploy. Stripping isn't just a care-free occupation that warrants our full and utmost respect, nor should it be openly embraced as another part of our diverse society. (Would you be okay if a strip club opened on your block? No. There is a reason these types of establishments are usually on the outskirts of town, hidden away amongst industrial parks, or simply pushed to the margins of society.) Since anna routinely discusses the amount of large green she hauls in (and how she loves to announce to cashiers that she is a stripper when paying for goods using crumpled dollar bills), I thought it a resonable question to ask about strippers, cash and taxes. It could have been easily responded to some time ago, had anna not gotten all snippy with me like I was invading her very public privacy.

Now, I'm just having a laugh at the trainwreck.

classclown 4 years, 10 months ago

Something that I don't understand is if people are paying her $300 for a lap dance, then why does she HAVE to pay for stuff at the grocery store using a pile of crumpled up dollar bills?

Are these guys paying for those dances one inserted dollar at a time?

Maybe she should contribute to the In My Pants blog.

George Washington in her pants.

ohseriously 4 years, 10 months ago

Dang! I made an account and everything! Being new at commenting, may be I am unaware of the rules? Nothing obscene. Nothing threatening. No business promotion. What did I do?

My little one-liner questioning "what if...?" in regards to DenaK must have pushed a button! Too bad, I thought it was just a funny little insight....how DenaK is a threat worthy of ruining your date night and going to the police, but your customer in December was not? I find that a strange double standard.

Anna - I have been reading your blog since the get-go. Pretty excited at the concept. I have many friends in the entertainment/sex industry. I still have many mixed emotions about stripping as career. I hoped your insights would help resolve some negatives that linger despite my love of these gals. Sadly, YOU are just feeding it.

Your blog (personal diary? really? diaries are secret, not public - usually published much, much later in careers) is nothing but self-absorption. My pink slip proves it for me!

bearded_gnome 4 years, 10 months ago

no telling OhSeriously.

the pinking is subjective. welcome to our online community.

and in case it wasn't obvious: Denak rocks!

bearded_gnome 4 years, 10 months ago

I see "Vic" hasn't learned from his experience="creepie stripper groupie."

jbiegs 4 years, 10 months ago

I bet Beatrice and Dena K are FUGLY. lol

independant1 4 years, 10 months ago

Hey, My wife took a chance and dated me and I'm a corporate whore. Some people just don't care what you do for a living I guess.