LJWorld.com weblogs Angell at My Table

Is it Over for Hillary?

Sure, we won't really know the fate of the former First Lady's presidential race until March 4th, but as of now it is not looking good. Supporters are swinging support to Barack Obama every day and Tuesday's debate in Ohio reeked of desperation. Prefacing the answer to the first question of the night with a complaint about preferential treatment (and a reference to Saturday Night Live, nonetheless) is just not the sign of someone in control. Combine this with a "shame on you" and an emphatic speech on the futility of hope and her chances of inspiring voters is just about over.For a moment there it looked like Hillary just might be paving the way for a graceful exit. Last week's debate in Texas showed a softer side of the candidate (um, New Hampshire, anyone?) that makes her much more likeable than she is when delivering corny one-liners like "change you can Xerox" or nitpicking over the words "reject" or "renounce." But for some reason, her campaign failed to capitalize on her softer side and instead focused on a lot of negativity. Perhaps the woman who will become the first female commander in chief is out there taking notes right now and won't be afraid of showing a little humanity.

Comments

Steve Jacob 6 years, 9 months ago

Clinton is not out of it until she loses in Texas and Ohio. While eather one "should" beat McCain, the honeymoon with the media for Obama will end soon, and if you think the Clinton's played dirty, wait until fall.

del888 6 years, 9 months ago

Hillary often talks about her experience. Does being a former First Lady really qualify as experienced?

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

from the story: "her campaign failed to capitalize on her softer side"

Okay, even I have to laugh at that one.

The predicitions have been way off thus far. It probably is best to wait until Tuesday evening before we count Clinton out.

camper 6 years, 9 months ago

This is obviously a biased comment and it really has no merit, but being honest, often-times voters vote on preferences that are merely a gut feel. To me Hillary reminds me of a woman that you would never want to work for. Kinda a like a bad boss. For some reason this compels me to seek other candidates.

I mean no sexism too. Bad bosses are 50/50 (male & female).

BrianR 6 years, 9 months ago

Being the best choice, I'm sure she's finished. Hell, it's America.

nettie 6 years, 9 months ago

The election is a long time away. I'm reserving my opinion for the future. Many things can happen.

goodcitizen 6 years, 9 months ago

And what kind of "experience" is being one of the youngest and few female lawyers to investigate the unconstitutional actions of Nixon and advise congress on impeachment? Or working with the children's defense fund to keep young offenders out of adult prisons? Or helping to reform the Arkansas Education system? Or championing women's rights around the world. Or taking her husband's name only when the conservative politics of his run to regain the governorship demanded it? We all "know" she didn't marry Bill or stand by him because she loves and respects him in spite of his personal flaws. And her maternal instincts only go so far as "pimping out" her only daughter to serve her rabid political ambitions. My gawd, who does this she-devil charlatan, carpet-baggin, murdering, thief think she is????

justsaying 6 years, 9 months ago

Everyone should be careful.... you might get just what you wish for. Our country needs a tested and strong leader. This isn't a game... I have 2 boys that I don't want drafted into another war over ego and oil. There has never been a perfect president (including JFK who had affairs and mafia ties). I hope you aren't surprised when your candidate starts to feel the heat of having to make the tough decisions (pro-NAFTA, anti-NAFTA???).... that one's easy. How about to bomb Pakistan or not? How about whether we should go after Iran... or how about not understanding the level of preparation it takes to meet with our adversaries? Seriously, this should be about issues and yes.... experience. As for what type of boss she can or can't be.... everyone that has worked with her says she is wonderful to work with and a remarkable woman. The media and the Repub party want you to believe she is horrible and obviously it has worked with many. The Repubs have attacked her on every aspect of her life. The Repub Party is so worried about running against her that they are having Repubs cross-over vote so that Obama gets at least a 10% cushion to help him win.... I should know, my Repub family members believe it is a great strategy. Why? Because they believe he will be easier to win against in November. Again, I say.... be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it.

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

The Clinton campaign isn't over till the fat lady sings. She leads in Ohio and I hear that Rush Limbaugh has joined the Hillary Express and is urging his Texas listeners to "Pimp Yourselves: Vote For Hillary" in both the Texas Democratic Primary and Caucuses. Should be entertaining to say the least! http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_022608/content/01125110.guest.html

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

justsaying (Anonymous) says: "I have 2 boys that I don't want drafted into another war over ego and oil."

As there hasn't been a draft in decades you can assure your preciouses that unless they enlist their butts are safe. Moron.

Sean Livingstone 6 years, 9 months ago

Not sure if anyone knows about Obama's voting record, he was absence on many of the voting sessions. No voices is worst than wrong voices. I'd rather have someone who takes the responsibilities for whatever they're doing.

Obama: http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

Hillary: http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=55463

Mccain: http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270

Why I'm so incline not to vote for Obama? If you track his record, he has started voting only in 2004. Of course, it's easy to defend yourself if you don't have much of a record. But how would I know if he's doing the right or wrong thing? I'm against the war, it's very easy to say that. But to say that responsibly, it's more difficult. Ron Paul is a Republican and has been against the war since day one. And he has a voting record to show. He's a stronger candidate against Obama in anyway.

Wake up Kansas and Obama supporter. Analyze Obama, Hillary, and Mccain more scientifically, and not lose your heads in what some calls, the moment of irrational decisions.

Oracle_of_Rhode 6 years, 9 months ago

standuporget 6 years, 9 months ago

goodcitizen says Or helping to reform the Arkansas Education system? The Echo chamber creates reality. Take a real hard look at how you are being spun. Take your own advice

toefungus 6 years, 9 months ago

Obama may be the best the Democrats can do, but that is not very good at all. He would be America's first unpatriotic President if elected. Never would have imagined that. If the Republican lose, they will have no one to blame but themselves. The wedding with the far right and forgetting about small government supporters may prove to have been a very bad mistake. Bush has a lot of faults, but to me his greatest fault has been an unprecedented increase in government. The war may define Bush for the left, but the fiscal irresponsibility defines him to many on the right.

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

"bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says:

jonas, actually in the history of this nation we have a habbit of often referring to presidents by first middle and last name. or, by initials."

Initials, fine. I agree, but who's been calling him by his initials? Full name, okay. . . . John Quincy Adams and I'm out. Who else have we been calling by their full name?

There's Dubya on the middle name fetish, I'll give you. But then, if the best you want is to be equal with a liberal, spineless Democrat then bully for you.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 9 months ago

Hillary or Obama bad for America but McCain...eeek. I think I'll protest and vote Nadar at least he has experience running for President and he is who he is. The rest are shape shifters and professional liars oh I mean politicians.

Lawrenceiscrooked 6 years, 9 months ago

Oracle_of_Rhode

"When Bush stupidly wanted to go into Iraq, Hillary gave him the "thumbs up." She must be held responsible for her awful judgment."

Obama wasn't even in the Senate. John Kerry, who endorsed Obama and Obama gladly accepted his endorsement, also voted for the war. Responsibility and acceptance follow endorsement.

Lawrenceiscrooked (Anonymous) says:

"She cant even deal with Bill getting a BJ from Monica how is she going to deal with Iran?"

Bush has great family, but he still didn't know how to rule a country?

Lawrenceiscrooked 6 years, 9 months ago

We have to keep the Democrats out of the white house. We need to be strong with our military and not go around hugging trees.

Lawrenceiscrooked 6 years, 9 months ago

livingstone (Anonymous) says:

Bush has great family, but he still didn't know how to rule a country?

Good thing you werent born Sadam!

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

Sorry. . .

Liberal, Spineless Democrat(TM)

I know that one's copyrighted by someone.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 9 months ago

livingstoned, you idiot, barry o'bama [remember do not say his middle name!] was not in the senate before that, SO HE COULDN'T VOTE! the pot is destroying your mind.

justsaying 6 years, 9 months ago

To those who think I'm a moron..... I know there isn't a draft right now and that there hasn't been one for a very long time. But if we continue to spread our military out around the world, there may come a time very soon when we are faced with this harsh reality.

I love the name-calling.... very mature.

lunacydetector 6 years, 9 months ago

The following quotes came from A)Adolph Hitler, B)Barack Hussein Obama or C)Charles Manson. Can you match the quotes and sources?

1. "In the face of despair, we believe there can be hope."

2. "I told them that anything they do for their brothers and sisters is good if they do it with a good thought...."

3. "This time can be different. It's different not because of me. It's different because of you."

4. "A declaration of war against the order of things which exist, against the state of things which exist, in a word, against the structure of the world which presently exists."

5. "A baby is born into this world in a state of fear. Total paranoia and awareness. He sees the world with eyes not used yet. As he grows up, his parents lay all this stuff on him. They tell him, when they should be letting him tell them. Let the children lead you."

6. "We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

7. "Look down at me and you see a fool; look up at me and you see a god; look straight at me and you see yourself"

8. "We are the hope of the future; the answer to the cynics who tell that we cannot come together; that we cannot remake this world as it should be. "

9. "Everything must be different!"

10. "If you're going to do something, do it well.""Because we know what we have seen and what we believe - that what began as a whisper has now swelled to a chorus that cannot be ignored; that will not be deterred; that will ring out across this land as a hymn that will repair this world, and make this time different than all the rest ."

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

"bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says:

livingstoned, you idiot, barry o'bama [remember do not say his middle name!]"

There are plenty of valid reasons to criticize Obama as a potential president already. Bringing his name or his race into it just makes you come across as. . . well, racist.

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

Well, it looks like lunacydetector is still as classy as ever. Keep up the good work.

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

Marion writes:

"Mao Ze Dung, Castro, Stalin, Saddam Hussein and Hitler all had similar abilities to "control crowds"."

That's a rather biased list of orators and leaders that you selected there, Marion. Were those the only charismatic or controlling politicians that you could think of?

I think, actually, that I'm done commenting on pointless and worthless inflamatory quotes that have nothing to do with anything on this issue. I keep looking up and seeing more. In fact, I'd say it just about safe to say that virtually every quote that mentioned Obama in any way in this particular thread is stupid and pointless. I might have missed one, but I didn't see many, that's for sure. Is that the best you people can do?

For the record, I'm still leaning towards McCain.

lunacydetector 6 years, 9 months ago

Answers:

1) Obama 2) Manson 3) Obama 4) Hitler 5) Manson 6) Obama 7) Manson 8) Obama 9) Hitler/Obama 10) Obama

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says:

"livingstoned, you idiot, barry o'bama [remember do not say his middle name!] was not in the senate before that, so he couldn't vote! the pot is destroying your mind."

Anonymous user

"Lawrenceiscrooked (Anonymous) says:

Bush has great family, but he still didn't know how to rule a country?

Good thing you werent born Sadam!"

Now can you see the similarities between an Obama's supporter and a GOP supporter?

bearded_gnome, look at Obama's voting record versus Hillary and of course Mccain, before you argue further... check it out clearly, I posted it online. Read and understand before you criticize or support Obama or Mccain.

lunacydetector 6 years, 9 months ago

only the best for the godless democratic party, eh, jonas?

"Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic." Pope Benedict XVI

bearded_gnome ,

Just compare between Obama and Hillary, just on Iraq, since Obama is so anti-war and Hillary got the thumbs up for Bush:

1. Future Military Funding for Iraq Amendment, Hillary (Y), Obama (NV)
  2. Supplemental Appropriations for the Department of Defense and Timeline for Withdrawal from Iraq, Hillary (Y), Obama (Y)
  3. Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Bill of 2007 with Iraq Withdrawal Timeline, Hillary (Y), Obama (Y)
  4. Investigating in contracts in Iraq, Hillary (Y), Obama (Y)
  5. Iraq troop reduction admentments, Hillary (Y), Obama (Y)
  6. Detainees at Guantanamo Bay Amendment, Hillary (N), Obama (N)

So tell me, what're the differences between Hillary and Obama? Obama kept saying that he didn't vote for the war, sure... he could not do so, he wasn't anyone in the Senate yet. If he was, will he vote for the invasion of Iraq? Hillary and Obama voted nearly the same on Iraq.... so what is the difference between Hillary and Obama, answer me?????

Are you just as stupid as saying that I'm an idiot without reading how they vote?

Of course, I can be anti-war, if I didn't have the responsibilities that come with it. Obama may be a good president, but we need to see more of his votes and decisions before we can decide if he is good enough.

Of course, someone who just started, who didn't have sufficient record.... can never be labeled a "flip flop".

bearded_gnome,

Not forgetting that Obama has a lot more NV than Hillary. Even John Edward highlighted that in one of the debates. We really need to cool your head, and start thinking straight.

Mccain? He's good, if he doesn't associate himself with Bush. You know how Conservatives and Bush run this country.....

jonas (Anonymous) says:

"So, Gnome, how many people do you refer to using their full three-part name? Unless you frequently call people by all three, and something tells me you don't, then why would you be so concerned about one person's middle name, politician or not, if not for the reason of highlighting its Islamic heritage?

There are plenty of valid reasons to criticize Obama as a potential president already. Bringing his name or his race into it just makes you come across as: well, racist."

So what's wrong with Barack Hussein Obama? Even if I want to put that in his name, what's wrong with that? Everyone here has a big lump in your heads... both Democrats and GOP! No one can think straight now! All are just idiots!

ibroke (Anonymous) says:

"you know who was calling on the phone in hillarys commercial? monica"

It's better for Monica to call, than probably Johny to call (for the "refuse to admit he's gay" Idaho Senator.

Steve Jacob 6 years, 9 months ago

I still will not forgive Obama for calling out Clinton's voting for Iran's 125,000-member Revolutionary Guard Corps a foreign terrorist organization. A vote HE DID NOT SHOW UP FOR!

The old saying goes if you don't vote, you can't *.

jonas 6 years, 9 months ago

"lunacydetector (Anonymous) says:

only the best for the godless democratic party, eh, jonas?"

You know, I'd even give you points were you to even tell me what this is supposed to mean.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 9 months ago

jonas, actually in the history of this nation we have a habbit of often referring to presidents by first middle and last name. or, by initials. I think it is funny that now the thought police label us racist for using his middle name. ronald wilson reagan, greatest president in my lifetime and no problem with his middle name.

Barrak Obama aspires to be the president, but what's he gonna do if while confronting the dictator of north korea that little tin horn whips out obama's middle name? give me a break! in the past six years, it was either hilary, or feminist double last name, or just hilary clinton. ever heard of william jefferson clinton? no, he wasn't a mass murderer, another group we tend to use the three names to identify, that was bill clinton.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 9 months ago

livingstoned, my first comment was in response to your votesmart voting record that seemed to chastise obama for having no votes on record in 2004. it appeared you were saying not to trust him because of that, which would be truly silly because he was busy getting elected then.

obama on iraq says no matter what the conditions on the ground he will pull out troops, then if things get bad (which they would) he'll go back in, thus waisting the thousands of dead and wounded to get us thus far in iraq. btw, we are winning in iraq, and there actually is al-qaeda in iraq, was there about a year before invasion re Al Zarqawie if memory serves correctly. well documented links between saddam and al-qaeda found in documents after invasion. yet, foolish people would squander the sacrifice made thus far by declaring surrender to al-qaeda and withdrawing troops. there is plain internal internal inconsistancy in obama's plan: withdraw no matter what; go back in if gets worse. duh.

blahblahblah 6 years, 9 months ago

Hey, bearded_clam, if you are going to try to wax philosophical, you should try proper spelling next time:

Waist=yours is probably 46 inches Waste=what happens to my time as I read your posts

Oh yeah, one more thing, it's actually spelled al-Zarqawi, FYI, for your next fabulous post.

bearded_gnome (Anonymous) says:

Ok, other than calling me an idiot, the rest of your messages make no sense (which nicely fits you into the idiotic zone).

This is what you said: "my first comment was in response to your votesmart voting record that seemed to chastise obama for having no votes on record in 2004. it appeared you were saying not to trust him because of that, which would be truly silly because he was busy getting elected then."

Did I say not to trust him? Pull out my language that says so. He has not much record to show where he stands, of course, he has not much record to show if he is capable or not. Is he the same old politician but just happen to be fresh, thus seems like a better person?

It seems to me that you're blindly supporting one person without going back to his record for supporting him. On your second comment, are you trying to say that he was busy trying to get support to get into the Senate? Or Presidential race?

Obviously, you have not read the postings on the votes made by Hillary and Obama. Before Obama got his place in the senate, he could not vote at all and thus, there is no way he can earn an NV. His NV started when he got his place in the Senate. When was he elected? He assumed office in January 2005, and if you bother to count those NV, from 2005 up to early 2007, before he started his presidential bid, he got more NV than Hillary at the same time! I understand he is trying to bid for the Presidency. Judging from Hillary's earlier role in the Senate, when she was elected in 2000, she didn't miss any votes!

Sure, I'm not sure if you bother to look at data scientifically before making your choice, but obviously, calling me an idiot, makes yourself look like a fool. And making statement like this, makes you look worst. So why is Obama running away from so many voting sessions? Well, because he was traveling to Kenya and Africa.

Sean Livingstone 6 years, 9 months ago

If he only got into the Senate in 2005, and voted only for two years, how would I know if he would ever swing his vote and put himself to the test? Whether he's a politician or not?

Then you should read the attached Economist article about Obamanomics. He's also trying very hard to capture the hearts of the voters without knowing the consequences of his words and promises.

That makes your words have much less values.

Then you said "obama on iraq says no matter what the conditions on the ground he will pull out troops, then if things get bad (which they would) he'll go back in, thus waisting the thousands of dead and wounded to get us thus far in iraq."

Sure, but does he has a plan? In fact, the three candidates are talking exactly about the same strategies. Hillary is talking about 60 days pull out. Obama clearly stated that he couragously spoke against the war (like so many of us, and of course, Ron Paul, the GOP guy, and he's an even stronger proponent against the war, he actually voted against it and gave speeches against it!!).

So what is Obama's plan? For Mccain, everyone knows it'll be a pullout. But with some troops to maintain some orders. Hillary and Obama will have the same troops over there.... so what's the difference? Only in your mind... and man, I can see you're cheated by Obama too!

You said: "btw, we are winning in iraq, and there actually is al-qaeda in iraq, was there about a year before invasion re Al Zarqawie if memory serves correctly. well documented links between saddam and al-qaeda found in documents after invasion."

Al-Qaeda is an idea, and a vision. It's not an organization like the United States of America government. There are well documented links between USA and Al-Qaeda too, back in the Afganistan days. The saddam al-qaeda links can be traced back to the same period when US was involved with the Al-Qaeda. I'm appalled by your igorance....

You said: "yet, foolish people would squander the sacrifice made thus far by declaring surrender to al-qaeda and withdrawing troops. there is plain internal internal inconsistancy in obama's plan: withdraw no matter what; go back in if gets worse. duh."

Surrender... to Al-Qaeda? How can we surrender to an idea? Iraqis are not supporters of Al-Qaeda's ideas.... they have their internal problems. Withdrawal doesn't mean defeat, it's only to catch the real al-qaeda in Pakistan.

Man, the more you talk, the more foolish you appear. The more foolish you appear, the more idiotic you are....

blahblahblah 6 years, 9 months ago

Dr. Livingstone, I presume???? AMEN brother!

Oracle_of_Rhode (Anonymous) says:

"Obama is the better candidate, and he will make the best president we've had in a few decades. I'm glad he's on the verge of nailing the nomination down Tuesday.

So why are the voting records of Obama and Hillary the same since Obama join the Senate? John Kerry also voted yes for the war. If Obama was in the Senate back then, do you think he'd have voted yes for the war? Oh, and John kerry actually endorses Obama.

blahblahblah (Anonymous) says:

"Dr. Livingstone, I presume???? AMEN brother!"

I'm honored to have you called me Dr.... yes I have a Ph.D.... I'm so shocked by people who don't know who they are voting for. They support Mccain, because he's a Republican. They support Obama because they hated Hillary Clinton. They call the universal health care a communist plan. They call the withdrawal from Iraq a surrender to Al-Qaeda. Obama will not remove NAFTA, just like he uses NAFTA to attack Hillary.

All of them have the same plan, maybe slightly different from one another. What's the problem with healthcare? It's not the insurance problem. Many hospitals are over-charging the insurance companies, and the companies passed the cost over to us, and on and on and on. Not sure anyone knows that there was a case where a box of "Hygiene Clearing Agent", aka Tissue box, was priced at $220 in one of the hospital's bills..... None of the politicians know the problems of healthcare!

Economies? There is nothing wrong with globalization, but there is something wrong with the regulations and control of globalization! Why? Do you know that Pennslyvannia has a huge trade surplus with China? Do you that Japan and Germany combined trade deficit with USA is 1.7 times more than the trade deficit between US and China? And to to both countries, they're having deficits on hightech products? Why fight the toys when our technology is losing ground? Who's fighting Germany and Japan?

The mis-information these politicians give us, and their intent to pain a rosy picture to all of us... are not just their fault. The media is to be blamed too!

justsaying 6 years, 9 months ago

I will agree with some of you who said that Hillary felt that she deserved to move on to being President. It is maddening to me that a person can spend their entire life working to improve the lives of others and then not be respected by the very people that she helped. Yes, Hillary felt like she had played by the rules of gaining experience, making relationships within Congress and abroad and doing everything she felt would be necessary to be President. But, as we all know, the right people for the job, more often than not, don't get the job because it isn't about what you know or your successes or even your education, it's about people liking you. Very sad. I like the fact that she stood up for the voiceless. I like the fact that she felt like being President was something you worked your entire life to hope to achieve. I like the fact that she gets stuff done (53 bills vs 24 bills in the amount of time Obama was in Senate alone). I like that she can work with Repubs and Dems. So what that she has hardened over the years.... most people that have been through 1/3 of what she has would. So what that you don't like her voice, her hair or the way she dresses.... those issues don't matter..... our priorities are seriously jacked up. To the person that said my children would be safe because their hasn't been a draft. I don't just want my children to be safe..... I want an end to senseless killing over oil and ego. Enough already.

justsaying,

Hillary isn't a popular figure, she doesn't have the same charisma and is a straight talker. You're right on that she gets things done when she went to work for the Senate, more than Obama has. The first thing Obama did after he got elected was arranging for a trip to Africa. To my opinion, that was to celebrate his victory.

Hillary was associated with Walmart, vote for the war in Iraq, and linked to NAFTA. Let's get this straight, Target is just as bad as Walmart.... basically most of their goods are imported from overseas, just like Walmart, but it didn't get the blame, because it's much smaller than Walmart. Most Democrats voted for the war in Iraq, the only reliable person who voted against the war and continued to be vocal is Ron Paul. His voting records set it straight.

Most people thought that NAFTA was a good deal. In fact, it is, but let's be honest with it. NAFTA can only work well if the operations aspect of it is taken care of: How we deal with unfair trade practices. Most people don't even know that there are far fewer trade barriers to the market in China than Germany! So why are we concentrating our attacks on China?

Let's get things straight. Hillary has the record to show that she has done things. She has been through NAFTA period, and worked hard on Health Care. She knows the porblems, because she made some mistakes. Remember the old sayings: If you've not make any mistakes, you've not done anything! Obama has not made any mistakes, so what does that tell you about what he has done? Old knowledge never fails us, old sayings are always true.

John Mccain? I'm ok with him until Bush endorses him. It will be the same old empire, and the same old deficit financing, that will inject fear into the population, and we might be looking at 1 Euro versus US$2.... that strikes a fear in me. And soldiers never make good economists, history has proven that. Anyone else is a better economist than a soldier.

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

Obamania will be over with before the general election and Clinton is the Democrats best choice for winning the White House. But Democrats have a recent history of throwing their winning candidates overboard. Anyone remember Joe Lieberman? After the George Soros, Move On Dot Com, global socialist crowd turned on him for not being radical far left enough, he ran independent with little money and beat both the Dem and the Rep handily! Ooopsie!

Obama is far more radical left wing than even Hillary and amazingly she is the Democratic "Centrist" left in the race. The Republicans snubbed the right wing of the party and went to the center with Juan McCain, the Dems would be best served to go with Billarry, who is far more middle of the road.

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

bearded, please point to at least one instance where you casually referred to John McCain's middle name. If you have never done so, then the instances of your bringing up Obama's is based on racism. Pure and simple. But go ahead, keep telling us about how your aren't a racist. Sure. We believe you.

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

Hillary Rodham Clinton's stock just rose significantly! Not only are Rush Limbaugh and Jack Nicholson throwing support behind her in Texas and Ohio, but Barack Obamania is about to come to a screeching halt.

"Democrat Barack Obama says he's tired of questions about his religion. The Democratic presidential candidate told a town hall meeting Sunday in Nelsonvile, Ohio, in the state's rural southeast, that he is *a devout Christian who prays to Jesus every night.*" http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD8V5ED1O0

The neo-communist Christian bashers at Move On Dot Org, George Soros, and the rest of the far left wing of the Democratic party must be throwing a fit right about now. He sounds like he is running for the "Preacher-in-Cheif." This is more blatant than George W. Bush or Mike Huckabee for gawd sakes! Next thing you know he will be talking about faith based initiatives!!!!

This is going to be fun!

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

I wonder who talks to Jesus more, Barack Obama or Mike Huckabee? Who would Jesus vote for??? http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD8V5ED1O0

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Sigmund, can you really not see a difference between having religious beliefs, and believing that your religious beliefs outweigh all others to the extent that you want governmental policy written based on those beliefs? The latter is when it becomes an issue, and that is why Mike "I-don't-believe-in-evolution-and-it-is-easier-to-rewrite-the-Constitution-than-the-word-of-God" Huckabee didn't win his party's nomination.

To the question of who would Jesus vote for, Obama or Huckabee? Tt is a trick question. Obama will be running against McCain. Huckabee is already out of it. Thus, since Huckabee is out, I guess the only answer is that Jesus would vote for Obama.

Now, since Jesus would vote for Obama, who are you to question Jesus?

Adolph 6 years, 9 months ago

Pardon me for not being 'up to speed' on American politcs but........did Obama used to be Muslim? Also, what is his middle name - someone referenced this earlier and said not to mention it ????? How long has he been in politics?

Why is it Americans tend to lean towards people who are charismatic/good on TV but lack political knowledge? That's just my thought as I watch from the sidelines and from experiencing politics in a different country, one in which charisma got us into big trouble.

Sigmund 6 years, 9 months ago

Butt Beatrice, according to Obama's churches website: 1. a congregation committed to ADORATION. 2. A congregation preaching SALVATION. 3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION. 4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO Africa. 5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION. 6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION. 7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN Diaspora. 8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION. 9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION. 10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY. http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

Funny, I thought there were 12 Commandments and I don't remember a "non-negotiable commitment to Africa" being one of them. But I must admit it has been a while since I have gone to Church.

Eileen Jones 6 years, 9 months ago

Either one of them would make a fine president. Either would be good for America in slightly different ways.

Anyone but the torture victim who has come out in favor of torture for his hero, George W. Bush.

Anyone but the victim of a smear campaign who suffered insults to his family, and came out to support his new hero, George W. Bush.

Anyone but the geriatric coward who sold out to George W. Bush.

Obama 2008 - but Hillary has impressed me of late. She can survive anything.

beatrice 6 years, 9 months ago

Sig, did you happen to notice the word "congregation" in every one of your points? While it probably isn't true of neocons and Mike Huckabee, for most of us there is a huge difference between "congregation" and "state."

12 Commandments? Are you serious? Please fill me in on those last two.