Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (February 7)
February to date: 0.44"
2016 to date: 1.12"
- Kansas transportation officials discourage traveling west of Salina
- February 2, 2016
- Kansas transportation officials are discouraging travel to central and western Kansas as a massive winter storm continues causing extreme travel problems.
- Winter storm leaves western Kansas roads snow packed, icy
- February 2, 2016
- A winter storm has dumped up to 8 inches of snow across part of western Kansas and made some roads impassable.
- Winter storm forecast for sections of Kansas
- January 31, 2016
- A winter storm with heavy snow is expected to hit western and northern sections of Kansas.
- Weather service report: Light snow still possible before noon; areas to west hit with 6 inches
- January 21, 2016
- Douglas County didn’t get hit with the winter storm that forecasters had expected Wednesday night, but the National Weather Service is alerting motorists that the area may see some snowfall before noon today.
- See the streets: Check out street conditions with traffic cameras across the city
- 12:00 a.m., January 21, 2016 Updated 08:59 a.m.
- Take a look at street conditions across Lawrence via a series of traffic cameras operated by the City of Lawrence. New images are posted every minute.
- Closings or cancellations? Email the Journal-World
- January 20, 2016
- More winter weather is expected to hit the Lawrence and Douglas County area Wednesday night and Thursday morning. If your organization has a closing, cancellation or postponement to report, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freezing fog possible for Wednesday morning commute; latest forecast predicts new snow storm to begin Wednesday evening
- 01:07 p.m., January 19, 2016 Updated 06:00 a.m.
- As freezing rain coats area roads, police say they have seen an increase of accidents Tuesday afternoon. The National Weather Service in Topeka says the freezing rain will likely turn to light snow around 3 p.m. Around a half inch of snow might fall Tuesday.
- Closings and cancellations for Tuesday, Jan. 19
- 12:46 p.m., January 19, 2016 Updated 03:53 p.m.
- Closings and cancellations for Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016.
- Overnight snow leaves Lawrence area streets slick
- January 17, 2016
- Lawrence and Douglas County residents woke to a small amount of snow and bitter cold temperatures after a winter storm blew through northeast Kansas early Sunday morning.