Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (May 25)
September to date: 1.77"
2014 to date: 7.87"
- Rain totals less than half an inch overnight in Lawrence
- September 10, 2014
- Rain totals were less than half an inch early Wednesday morning.
- Severe weather possible in Lawrence tonight
- September 9, 2014
- Severe weather is expected in the region tonight, with a possibility that it could reach Lawrence, the National Weather Service is reporting.
- Lawrence avoids large-scale damage from Wednesday morning rain, flooding
- September 3, 2014
- By and large Lawrence avoided any major damage from Wednesday morning’s heavy rains and flash flooding. There were, however, a couple of road closings, weather-related automobile accidents and buildings that flooded. By Giles Bruce
- Heavy rains give way to heat indices near 100 degrees
- September 3, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Wednesday and Thursday through most of northeast Kansas.
- Flooding disrupts Wednesday morning commute
- 07:02 a.m., September 3, 2014 Updated 09:26 a.m.
- Heavy rain from morning thunderstorms caused flooding across Lawrence and the Douglas County area on Wednesday.
- Fog greets Lawrence after storms roll through Midwest
- September 2, 2014
- Lawrence was greeted with heavy fog Tuesday morning after storms rolled through the Midwest on Monday night, including a tornado sighting in southeast Kansas and reports of large hail in that area.
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued until 10:15 p.m.
- 09:40 p.m., August 31, 2014 Updated 09:51 p.m.
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued until 10:15 p.m. for Douglas County
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued until 1 a.m.
- August 31, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas County until 1 a.m. Monday.
- Heat advisory issued for Saturday afternoon
- August 23, 2014
- The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for northeast Kansas from 1 -8 p.m. today.
- Lawrence, surrounding areas under heat advisory until Saturday night
- August 22, 2014
- Lawrence and Douglas County are under a heat advisory from noon Friday until 8 p.m. Saturday.