Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (July 6)
July to date: 1.94"
2015 to date: 20.53"
- Weather service allows tornado warning for NE Douglas County to expire
- 04:30 p.m., July 6, 2015 Updated 05:33 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has allowed a tornado warning for northeastern Douglas County to expire at 5:30 p.m. Monday.
- Disaster, damage numbers rise in Kansas
- July 6, 2015
- Federal disaster declarations and damage costs are on the rise in Kansas, although it’s unclear whether more severe weather is the reason.
- Douglas County under severe thunderstorm, flash flood watches Monday afternoon
- 07:56 a.m., July 6, 2015 Updated 03:43 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas County until 11 p.m. Monday, coinciding with an earlier flash flood watch that will be in effect from Monday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
- Douglas County under tornado watch until midnight
- July 1, 2015
- Douglas County is under a tornado watch until midnight Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka. The NWS issued the watch at 6 p.m.
- 72 counties removed from Kansas drought list
- June 30, 2015
- Recent rains have eased drought conditions for many parts of Kansas. Gov. Sam Brownback issued an executive order Tuesday removing 72 counties from the list of those suffering from drought. But 33 counties remain in a drought “watch” status. By Peter Hancock
- Hot, humid Monday afternoon expected in Douglas County
- June 22, 2015
- A heat advisory will be in effect for Douglas County and northeastern Kansas from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday.
- Heat advisory issued for Saturday in Douglas County
- 03:22 p.m., June 19, 2015 Updated 04:54 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a Heat Advisory for Douglas County from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Lawrence emerges from historic Kansas drought with a new problem: too much rain
- June 15, 2015
- Across eastern and central Kansas, a year’s worth of severe drought has evaporated in the span of two months. Now several communities have a new problem — too much rain. By Rochelle Valverde
- Douglas County under severe thunderstorm watch until midnight
- June 11, 2015
- Douglas County is under a severe thunderstorm watch until midnight Thursday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka.