Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (November 26)
November to date: 2.17"
2015 to date: 36.82"
- Freezing rain, gusty winds expected during cold Thanksgiving weekend
- November 25, 2015
- Cold temperatures and gusty winds are in store for Lawrence during the holiday weekend, along with chances for freezing rain.
- High wind warning in effect for Douglas County until 6 p.m.
- November 11, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a high wind warning for Douglas County until 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- Douglas County under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8 p.m. Thursday
- 01:37 p.m., November 5, 2015 Updated 02:31 p.m.
- A severe thunderstorm warning issued for southern Douglas County was allowed to expire at 2:30 p.m. Thursday. A severe thunderstorm watch remains in effect for the area until 8 p.m.
- KU to hold homecoming parade despite rain; pep rally canceled
- 02:55 p.m., October 30, 2015 Updated 04:17 p.m.
- Organizers of Friday evening’s Kansas University homecoming parade say the parade will continue despite rainy weather in the area, but a post-parade pep rally has been canceled.
- Natural gas prices predicted to be ‘significantly lower’ in time for winter, Black Hills Energy says
- October 28, 2015
- Though it’s ultimately up to winter weather, normal to mild forecasts combined with an adequate supply of natural gas mean Lawrence residents could see natural gas bills that are lower than last winter, Black Hills Energy representatives indicated Wednesday.
- Lawrence sees nearly an inch of rain Monday
- 08:00 p.m., September 8, 2015 Updated 02:13 p.m.
- Almost a full inch of rain — .94 inches — fell in Lawrence on Monday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Lawrence not out of the line of storms yet
- September 8, 2015
- Thunderstorms are expected to be scattered across the area Tuesday during the day, mainly after 11 a.m., and into the night, gradually ending from northwest to southeast as a cold front passes, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka
- Flash flood warning until 12:45 a.m.; weather leads to accident on I-70
- 09:25 p.m., September 7, 2015 Updated 09:40 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a a flash flood warning for central Douglas County until 12:45 a.m.
- Heat advisory issued for Douglas County through Tuesday evening
- July 28, 2015
- A heat advisory will be in effect for Douglas County until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- Excessive heat warning issued for Friday afternoon, evening
- July 24, 2015
- An excessive heat warning will be in effect for Douglas County and northeast Kansas from noon to 9 p.m. Friday. The National Weather Service in Topeka issued the warning in advance of expected heat indices ranging from 110 to 115.