Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (May 5)
May to date: 0.34"
2015 to date: 5.54"
- Nearly half an inch of rain falls on Lawrence, scattered storms may continue into Tuesday
- 06:19 p.m., May 4, 2015 Updated 09:52 p.m.
- Just under half an inch of rain fell on Lawrence on Monday, said Jeff Johnson of the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Weather may turn severe Friday evening
- April 24, 2015
- Rainy Friday weather may turn severe in the evening, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Lawrence gets half an inch of rain Saturday
- April 18, 2015
- Steady rain falling Saturday across Douglas County nearly brought the area within the normal month-to-date precipitation range, but 2015 so far is still much drier than usual.
- Bad weather forecast prompts cancellation of KU’s Big Event
- 11:54 a.m., April 17, 2015 Updated 10:37 p.m.
- The Kansas University Big Event, scheduled for Saturday, has been canceled because of a bad weather forecast, organizers announced Friday. The annual volunteer event will be canceled altogether — not rescheduled — because, well, it’s too big. By Sara Shepherd
- Lawrence receives 0.6 inches of rain early Monday morning
- 10:27 a.m., April 13, 2015 Updated 10:21 p.m.
- Over a half-inch of rain fell on Lawrence early Monday morning, according to measurements taken at Lawrence Municipal Airport. Overnight thunderstorms brought 0.6 inches of precipitation between midnight and 3 a.m.
- Severe storms possible over much of Kansas
- 09:10 a.m., April 8, 2015 Updated 10:13 p.m.
- State emergency management officials are monitoring a storm system that is expected to bring large hail, damaging winds and the possibility of tornadoes.
- Recent rainfall leaves farmers wanting more; no crop damage reported from cold temps
- 06:46 p.m., April 6, 2015 Updated 10:04 p.m.
- Despite several recent days of thunderstorms and rain, farmers in northeastern Kansas are wanting more precipitation, one weather expert said.
- Rain greets Lawrence Thursday morning
- April 2, 2015
- Rain greeted Lawrence Thursday morning, but it will give way to sun later in the day.
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- 12:49 p.m., March 2, 2015 Updated 10:18 p.m.
- Weather officials in Kansas are worried that the state’s lack of tornados last year will make citizens complacent going into tornado season this spring.
- City snow removal and road treatment in high gear on Sunday
- March 1, 2015
- Twenty-four-hour operations for snow are still in effect in the city of Lawrence.