Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (July 30)
January to date: 4.70"
2018 to date: 20.43"
- Lawrence Public Schools to be closed Tuesday, Jan. 16, plus other closings and cancellations
- 07:52 p.m., January 15, 2018 Updated 08:31 a.m.
- A list of weather-related closings, cancellations and delays for Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018.
- Arctic front to chill Martin Luther King Day; another inch of snow likely
- January 14, 2018
- Lawrence and Douglas County residents can expect to wake to an inch of additional snow on Martin Luther King Day and wind-whipped, frigid temperatures.
- Closings, cancellations and delays: Veritas Christian School to have late start Friday
- January 11, 2018
- A list of weather-related closings, cancellations and delays for Friday, Jan. 12, 2018.
- Bitter cold expected Friday; wind chill could drop to minus 10
- January 11, 2018
- Bitterly cold weather has returned to the area, and residents should not expect temperatures to rise anytime soon.
- National Weather Service backs down Thursday snowfall forecast for Douglas County
- 11:15 a.m., January 11, 2018 Updated 12:54 p.m.
- Winter weather is expected to continue throughout Thursday, with snow predicted for the afternoon.
- Lawrence Public Schools closed Thursday, plus other closings and cancellations
- 09:46 p.m., January 10, 2018 Updated 11:06 a.m.
- A list of weather-related closings and cancellations for Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018.
- Light glaze of ice possible Thursday morning in Douglas County
- January 10, 2018
- Winter weather is expected to return to the Lawrence and Douglas County area Thursday, potentially creating slick travel conditions for the morning commute.
- Drizzle, light rain could make for slick streets Sunday morning
- January 6, 2018
- The National Weather Service in Topeka is warning that drizzle or light showers could make for slick streets Sunday morning before temperatures start to warm before noon.
- City will temporarily estimate additional water bills because of freezing weather
- January 4, 2018
- The city will not be reading some water meters in northern Lawrence because of cold weather, and will instead be estimating bills for those customers.