Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (July 30)
August to date: 8.41"
2015 to date: 27.00"
- Heat advisory issued for Douglas County through Tuesday evening
- July 28, 2015
- A heat advisory will be in effect for Douglas County until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- Excessive heat warning issued for Friday afternoon, evening
- July 24, 2015
- An excessive heat warning will be in effect for Douglas County and northeast Kansas from noon to 9 p.m. Friday. The National Weather Service in Topeka issued the warning in advance of expected heat indices ranging from 110 to 115.
- Heat advisory in effect through Saturday evening
- July 17, 2015
- Douglas County will be under a heat advisory from 1 p.m. Friday until 9 p.m. Saturday. The National Weather Service in Topeka predicts heat indices will reach 103 to 107 degrees.
- Douglas County tornado watch canceled
- 07:53 a.m., July 15, 2015 Updated 09:49 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for southern Douglas County, northern Franklin County and northeastern Osage County until 8:45 a.m.
- Weather service: Monday storms produced EF1 tornado near Eudora
- 12:08 p.m., July 7, 2015 Updated 04:55 p.m.
- A Monday night thunderstorm near Eudora produced an EF1 tornado, according to a preliminary damage assessment Tuesday by the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Weather service allows tornado warning for NE Douglas County to expire
- 04:30 p.m., July 6, 2015 Updated 05:33 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has allowed a tornado warning for northeastern Douglas County to expire at 5:30 p.m. Monday.
- Disaster, damage numbers rise in Kansas
- July 6, 2015
- Federal disaster declarations and damage costs are on the rise in Kansas, although it’s unclear whether more severe weather is the reason.
- Douglas County under severe thunderstorm, flash flood watches Monday afternoon
- 07:56 a.m., July 6, 2015 Updated 03:43 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas County until 11 p.m. Monday, coinciding with an earlier flash flood watch that will be in effect from Monday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
- Douglas County under tornado watch until midnight
- July 1, 2015
- Douglas County is under a tornado watch until midnight Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka. The NWS issued the watch at 6 p.m.
- 72 counties removed from Kansas drought list
- June 30, 2015
- Recent rains have eased drought conditions for many parts of Kansas. Gov. Sam Brownback issued an executive order Tuesday removing 72 counties from the list of those suffering from drought. But 33 counties remain in a drought “watch” status. By Peter Hancock