Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (June 29)
July to date: 4.30"
2015 to date: 18.58"
- Douglas County under tornado watch until midnight
- July 1, 2015
- Douglas County is under a tornado watch until midnight Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka. The NWS issued the watch at 6 p.m.
- 72 counties removed from Kansas drought list
- June 30, 2015
- Recent rains have eased drought conditions for many parts of Kansas. Gov. Sam Brownback issued an executive order Tuesday removing 72 counties from the list of those suffering from drought. But 33 counties remain in a drought “watch” status. By Peter Hancock
- Hot, humid Monday afternoon expected in Douglas County
- June 22, 2015
- A heat advisory will be in effect for Douglas County and northeastern Kansas from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday.
- Heat advisory issued for Saturday in Douglas County
- 03:22 p.m., June 19, 2015 Updated 04:54 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a Heat Advisory for Douglas County from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Lawrence emerges from historic Kansas drought with a new problem: too much rain
- June 15, 2015
- Across eastern and central Kansas, a year’s worth of severe drought has evaporated in the span of two months. Now several communities have a new problem — too much rain. By Rochelle Valverde
- Douglas County under severe thunderstorm watch until midnight
- June 11, 2015
- Douglas County is under a severe thunderstorm watch until midnight Thursday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Preliminary data has 99 tornadoes reported in Kansas in May
- June 9, 2015
- Preliminary data shows storms that hit Kansas in May prompted reports of 99 tornadoes in the state.
- Rain overnight adds water to already soaked area
- June 8, 2015
- Lawrence has been soaked through in the past few days, and Sunday night into Monday morning was no exception, with more storms blowing through the area overnight.
- Douglas County under severe thunderstorm warning, watch
- 07:36 p.m., June 7, 2015 Updated 09:59 p.m.
- Douglas County has been placed under a severe thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. Monday.
- Western Douglas County under Flood Warning; Kansas River flooding expected
- Kansas River at Lawrence expected to flood Saturday
- 09:19 a.m., June 5, 2015 Updated 12:05 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka issued a Flood Warning for western Douglas County Friday morning.