Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (May 25)
August to date: 1.77"
2014 to date: 7.87"
- Lawrence, surrounding areas under heat advisory until Saturday night
- August 22, 2014
- Lawrence and Douglas County are under a heat advisory from noon Friday until 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Five ways to keep your pets cool in the heat
- August 21, 2014
- Staying cool amid 90-degree days can be hard enough for humans, but imagine what it’s like for your furry pet.
- Lawrence falls under heat advisory until 9 p.m. Thursday
- August 21, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a heat advisory for Douglas County until 9 p.m. Thursday.
- Douglas County still dry despite recent rain
- August 7, 2014
- A generous monsoon has helped ease drought conditions in Colorado and the Southwest, but parts of the hard-hit southern Plains still have a long way to go.
- Thunderstorm leaves 500 without power in Douglas County; more strong winds forecast
- 04:10 p.m., August 6, 2014 Updated 09:16 p.m.
- The National Weather Service has advised that a strong thunderstorm is moving northeast through Douglas County at 30 miles per hour until about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday.
- Consistent rain, mild temperatures make for good produce-growing season
- July 29, 2014
- Favorable weather conditions have many local gardeners and produce growers overflowing in fruits and vegetables this year. A mix of consistent rains and not-too-hot temperatures have made this an above-average growing season locally, horticulture experts say. By Giles Bruce
- Heat advisory issued for Friday in Douglas County
- July 24, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a heat advisory for Douglas County, the third one this week, on Friday.
- Health, safety officials warn about severe heat
- July 23, 2014
- Lawrence already had its first 100-degree day of the year on Tuesday and, if you believe the forecast, it could have at least one more by the end of the week. So Lawrencians need to focus on staying hydrated and keeping cool. By Giles Bruce
- Temperatures reach 100 for first time this year
- July 22, 2014
- Days after unseasonably cool temperatures, Lawrence cracked 100 degrees for the first time this year Tuesday.
- Additional heat advisory issued for Tuesday
- 12:00 a.m., July 21, 2014 Updated 02:59 p.m.
- Well, that didn’t last long. Last week’s mild (for July) temperatures will soon come to an end. With highs in the upper 90s projected for Monday and Tuesday, Lawrence has been slapped with a heat advisory for part of Monday by the National Weather Service in Topeka.