Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (May 25)
January to date: 1.77"
2015 to date: 7.87"
- Lawrence will near 70s Wednesday before weekend of snow
- January 27, 2015
- Lawrence has one more day of unseasonably warm weather before colder weather begins to move in from the Rocky Mountains, forecasters said Tuesday night.
- Weather service issues wind chill advisory
- January 7, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a wind chill advisory which goes into effect at midnight and lasts until 9 a.m. Thursday.
- CLOSINGS for Jan. 7
- 08:26 p.m., January 6, 2015 Updated 09:16 p.m.
- Check back with the Journal-World for more closings.
- Wind chills of minus 20 expected Wednesday in northeast Kansas
- 11:08 a.m., January 6, 2015 Updated 04:10 p.m.
- Northeast Kansas is in for a cold couple of days. The National Weather Service in Topeka predicts a wind chill of 15 to 20 degrees below zero by Wednesday morning and continuing until late in the day on Wednesday. Wind chills of minus 15 to 20 are expected again on Thursday morning.
- Statewide storm damage totals dropped in 2014
- January 5, 2015
- The amount of storm damage reported in Kansas in 2014 was the lowest amount in 16 years.
- Winter weather advisory extended to 1 a.m.; 1 to 3 inches of snow expected
- January 3, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has extended the winter weather advisory for Lawrence and surrounding areas until 1 a.m. Sunday.
- Lawrence forecast: Freezing rain early Saturday, then afternoon snow
- 11:54 a.m., January 2, 2015 Updated 09:03 p.m.
- The first weekend of 2015 will bring ice and snow to much of northeast Kansas, including Lawrence and Douglas County.
- Sunny day to stay cold
- 09:16 a.m., December 30, 2014 Updated 11:39 a.m.
- The National Weather Service’s forecast of flurries ended at 11 a.m.; the day is expected to stay cold and drop back to the single digits tonight.
- Chance of flurries in forecast
- December 30, 2014
- The National Weather Service has forecast a chance of flurries before 11 a.m. today in Douglas County and surrounding areas.
- Chance of light snow overnight, but a warm Christmas
- December 23, 2014
- A mix of rain and snow is predicted this evening in Lawrence, but steadily warming temperatures the next couple of days will melt off any accumulations by tomorrow afternoon.