Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (February 17)
February to date: 0.37"
2015 to date: 1.42"
- Freezing rain, snow may cause hazardous travel conditions Friday night
- February 20, 2015
- A wintry mix of freezing rain, sleet and snow will move across northeast Kansas on Friday evening.
- More snow expected Tuesday afternoon; Wednesday bringing bitter cold
- 11:13 a.m., February 17, 2015 Updated 04:35 p.m.
- After snow Monday and Tuesday mornings, Lawrence and Douglas County are in for one more dose of winter weather Tuesday afternoon.
- Brief, heavy snow blankets area Tuesday morning; weather advisory canceled
- 04:21 p.m., February 16, 2015 Updated 09:02 a.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka is reporting about 0.5 to 1 inch of snow; Winter Weather Advisory canceled for Tuesday.
- Crews plowing snow Monday morning; school in session in the area
- February 16, 2015
- City of Lawrence street maintenance crews are out clearing roads Monday morning after winter weather dumped snow in the area overnight.
- Midwest likely to encounter ‘mega-drought’ this century, researchers say
- February 15, 2015
- Global warming will bring the” risk of a decades-long mega-drought in the American Southwest and Great Plains during the second half of the century, researchers say. The forecast, published online in the new journal Science Advances, contrasts sharply with other recent assessments that report more uncertainty about future droughts, according to study authors. By The Associated Press
- Winter weather advisory issued for Lawrence until Monday morning
- 09:01 a.m., February 15, 2015 Updated 09:53 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a winter weather advisory for snow that is in effect from 3 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday.
- Lawrence sees an inch of snow, warming trend to follow
- February 4, 2015
- Lawrence city crews will be working in 12-hour shifts to clear the town’s roads after an inch of snow fell Wednesday.
- Winter weather advisory in effect; blowing snow expected Wednesday
- 11:41 a.m., February 3, 2015 Updated 08:56 a.m.
- A winter weather system is expected to bring gusty winds and around 2 inches of snow to Lawrence and Douglas County on Wednesday.
- CLOSINGS for Feb. 2
- February 1, 2015
- Weather-related closings for Monday, Feb. 2.
- Winter storm leads to flight delays in Kansas, Missouri
- February 1, 2015
- Several dozen flights have been canceled or delayed at the largest airports in Kansas and Missouri as a winter storm blankets a large swath of the country’s midsection.