Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (July 30)
September to date: 4.70"
2017 to date: 20.43"
- National Weather Service tallies rainfall from Sunday, Monday thunderstorms in Lawrence
- September 18, 2017
- A weekend thunderstorm dumped up to 3 inches of rain on Lawrence, but there were no reports of significant storm damage or flooding, according to the National Weather Service.
- Douglas County residents among Red Cross volunteers on ground, en route to help Texans
- August 29, 2017
- Douglas and neighboring county residents are among more than 50 American Red Cross volunteers from this region who are on the ground in Texas, or expected to head south soon.
- Lawrence Humane Society preparing to accept shelter pets from flooded Texas
- August 29, 2017
- The Lawrence Humane Society is expecting a special shipment sometime soon — of Texas shelter pets displaced by Hurricane Harvey and ensuing flooding.
- Area volunteers gear up to help with Hurricane Harvey; government emergency workers not tapped by state to deploy
- August 28, 2017
- Local law enforcement and fire-medical responders have not been tapped to help with Hurricane Harvey’s aftermath in an official capacity. However, at least one Lawrence police officer plans to travel to coastal Texas in a volunteer capacity with a national organization of off-duty first responders.
- Overnight storm dumps 8 inches of rain in some areas; southern Douglas County under flood warning
- 06:43 a.m., August 22, 2017 Updated 06:15 p.m.
- Overnight storms dumped as much as 8 inches of rain in Douglas County late Monday and early Tuesday, flooding roads, prompting multiple water rescues and causing the Wakarusa River to rise well after the rain stopped.
- Lawrence in flood watch as heavy rain forecast for Saturday evening
- August 5, 2017
- Lawrence is in a flood watch from the half-inch to an inch of rain it received in the first round of thunderstorms that moved through this morning through northeast Kansas and the much heavier downpours forecast for later Saturday.
- Flooding reported in Kansas City area after heavy rains; Lawrence sees 1.5 inches overnight
- 11:05 a.m., July 27, 2017 Updated 11:43 a.m.
- Storms that pummeled the Kansas City area with several inches of rain closed roads and led to water rescues, including two people who began trapped early Thursday by floodwaters that inundated their restaurant.
- Lawrence avoids much damage from Saturday storms; cooler temps on horizon
- July 23, 2017
- Lawrence escaped damaging winds that accompanied the storm that brought cooler temperatures to northeast Kansas.
- Caution urged as heat index reaches triple digits in Douglas County
- July 10, 2017
- Temperatures in the mid-90s and high humidity are driving the heat index to triple digits and making for dangerous conditions.