Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (October 10)
October to date: 0.01"
2015 to date: 33.63"
- Lawrence sees nearly an inch of rain Monday
- 08:00 p.m., September 8, 2015 Updated 02:13 p.m.
- Almost a full inch of rain — .94 inches — fell in Lawrence on Monday, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Lawrence not out of the line of storms yet
- September 8, 2015
- Thunderstorms are expected to be scattered across the area Tuesday during the day, mainly after 11 a.m., and into the night, gradually ending from northwest to southeast as a cold front passes, according to the National Weather Service in Topeka
- Flash flood warning until 12:45 a.m.; weather leads to accident on I-70
- 09:25 p.m., September 7, 2015 Updated 09:40 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a a flash flood warning for central Douglas County until 12:45 a.m.
- Heat advisory issued for Douglas County through Tuesday evening
- July 28, 2015
- A heat advisory will be in effect for Douglas County until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- Excessive heat warning issued for Friday afternoon, evening
- July 24, 2015
- An excessive heat warning will be in effect for Douglas County and northeast Kansas from noon to 9 p.m. Friday. The National Weather Service in Topeka issued the warning in advance of expected heat indices ranging from 110 to 115.
- Heat advisory in effect through Saturday evening
- July 17, 2015
- Douglas County will be under a heat advisory from 1 p.m. Friday until 9 p.m. Saturday. The National Weather Service in Topeka predicts heat indices will reach 103 to 107 degrees.
- Douglas County tornado watch canceled
- 07:53 a.m., July 15, 2015 Updated 09:49 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for southern Douglas County, northern Franklin County and northeastern Osage County until 8:45 a.m.
- Weather service: Monday storms produced EF1 tornado near Eudora
- 12:08 p.m., July 7, 2015 Updated 04:55 p.m.
- A Monday night thunderstorm near Eudora produced an EF1 tornado, according to a preliminary damage assessment Tuesday by the National Weather Service in Topeka.
- Weather service allows tornado warning for NE Douglas County to expire
- 04:30 p.m., July 6, 2015 Updated 05:33 p.m.
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has allowed a tornado warning for northeastern Douglas County to expire at 5:30 p.m. Monday.