Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (July 30)
December to date: 4.70"
2016 to date: 20.43"
- Snow on the streets? Check conditions with Lawrence traffic cameras
- December 7, 2016
- Take a look at street conditions across Lawrence via a series of traffic cameras operated by the City of Lawrence. New images are posted every few minutes. Refresh the page to update.
- Douglas County expected to see freezing temperatures, season’s first snowfall on Wednesday
- December 6, 2016
- Douglas County residents will be reintroduced to winter weather Wednesday as a fast-moving cold front blows through the Midwest.
- Magnitude 5.0 earthquake shakes central Oklahoma; felt in KC area
- November 6, 2016
- A magnitude 5.0 earthquake has shaken central Oklahoma. The quake was felt as far away as Kansas City, Mo., and Little Rock, Ark.
- More than half inch of rain recorded Friday; Lawrence still more than 3 inches behind for year
- August 20, 2016
- A cold front passed through northeast Kansas on Friday evening, dropping more than a half inch of rain on Lawrence and leaving cooler temperatures in its wake.
- Severe thunderstorm warning for Douglas County allowed to expire
- 09:43 a.m., July 13, 2016 Updated 10:18 a.m.
- A severe thunderstorm warning was in effect for Douglas County until 10:15 a.m. Wednesday. That warning has been allowed to expire.
- Early morning storms drop inch of rain, leave hundreds without power in Lawrence
- July 7, 2016
- More than an inch of rain fell on Lawrence in a three hour period Thursday morning. Thunderstorms rolled into Douglas County around 4:30 a.m., and high winds and hail prompted severe thunderstorm warnings.
- Heat advisory in effect for northeast Kansas until 8 p.m. Tuesday
- July 5, 2016
- Douglas County and nearly all of eastern Kansas will be under a heat advisory from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- Heavy rain causes flash flooding in Kansas
- July 3, 2016
- Heavy storms have led to flash flooding in southern Kansas, including along a roadway where two people were rescued.
- Wednesday’s 103-degree high sets Lawrence record
- June 22, 2016
- The 103-degree temperature recorded Wednesday afternoon at the Lawrence Municipal Airport established a record for June 22.