Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (May 25)
September to date: 1.77"
2014 to date: 7.87"
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued until 10:15 p.m.
- 09:40 p.m., August 31, 2014 Updated 09:51 p.m.
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued until 10:15 p.m. for Douglas County
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued until 1 a.m.
- August 31, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas County until 1 a.m. Monday.
- Heat advisory issued for Saturday afternoon
- August 23, 2014
- The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for northeast Kansas from 1 -8 p.m. today.
- Lawrence, surrounding areas under heat advisory until Saturday night
- August 22, 2014
- Lawrence and Douglas County are under a heat advisory from noon Friday until 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Five ways to keep your pets cool in the heat
- August 21, 2014
- Staying cool amid 90-degree days can be hard enough for humans, but imagine what it’s like for your furry pet.
- Lawrence falls under heat advisory until 9 p.m. Thursday
- August 21, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a heat advisory for Douglas County until 9 p.m. Thursday.
- Douglas County still dry despite recent rain
- August 7, 2014
- A generous monsoon has helped ease drought conditions in Colorado and the Southwest, but parts of the hard-hit southern Plains still have a long way to go.
- Thunderstorm leaves 500 without power in Douglas County; more strong winds forecast
- 04:10 p.m., August 6, 2014 Updated 09:16 p.m.
- The National Weather Service has advised that a strong thunderstorm is moving northeast through Douglas County at 30 miles per hour until about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday.
- Consistent rain, mild temperatures make for good produce-growing season
- July 29, 2014
- Favorable weather conditions have many local gardeners and produce growers overflowing in fruits and vegetables this year. A mix of consistent rains and not-too-hot temperatures have made this an above-average growing season locally, horticulture experts say. By Giles Bruce
- Heat advisory issued for Friday in Douglas County
- July 24, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a heat advisory for Douglas County, the third one this week, on Friday.