Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (July 30)
March to date: 4.70"
2018 to date: 20.43"
- Early spring showers give Lawrence first appreciable rainfall in 2 months
- March 19, 2018
- Spring rains arrived a day early as showers provided Lawrence and northeast Kansas its first appreciable moisture in two months.
- Icy day in Lawrence sees numerous fall injuries, vehicles sliding off roads
- February 22, 2018
- People slipping and falling and vehicles sliding off the road have kept medical professionals and law enforcement busy on this icy day in Lawrence.
- Another round of winter weather could make for slick commute Thursday
- February 21, 2018
- A mix of sleet, snow and freezing rain expected overnight could make Thursday’s morning commute dicey.
- Delay in announcing KU class cancellation spurs questions, criticism
- February 21, 2018
- The University of Kansas on Wednesday defended its handling of class cancellations Tuesday — when an early-morning storm encased the area in ice — despite concerns that the timing was poorly managed.
- No classes for Lawrence Public Schools, KU, Haskell; other weather-related closings, cancellations and delays for Feb. 22
- 04:55 p.m., February 21, 2018 Updated 03:29 p.m.
- Winter weather has caused Lawrence Public Schools and other area districts, as well as KU and Haskell to cancel classes for Thursday, Feb. 22.
- Another round of wintry weather forecast for Lawrence, Douglas County
- February 20, 2018
- The Lawrence area can expect another round of wintry mix after freezing rain and sleet made for a dicey Tuesday morning commute.
- Freezing rain likely until noon; tree damage possible; traffic accidents reported
- 07:40 a.m., February 20, 2018 Updated 09:27 a.m.
- Freezing rain is expected until noon, but drizzle is likely to take its place in the afternoon, according to the latest information from the National Weather Service.
- Ice storm causes numerous cancellations, including Lawrence schools and public library, Haskell and others; all KU classes canceled
- 06:20 a.m., February 20, 2018 Updated 03:56 p.m.
- An ice storm has caused Lawrence Public Schools to cancel classes for Tuesday.
- Ice-glazed roadways possible in Lawrence area during Tuesday commute
- February 19, 2018
- Lawrence residents might have to cope with a thin glaze of ice on roadways during their Tuesday morning commutes.