Precipitation Totals for Lawrence Municipal Airport (May 25)
November to date: 1.77"
2014 to date: 7.87"
- Frigid temperatures expected Monday
- November 16, 2014
- Lawrence will experience extreme cold on Sunday and Monday, so bundle up — or better yet, make some hot cocoa and stay indoors.
- Weather update: No accumulation of snow expected in Lawrence area, advisory canceled
- November 15, 2014
- The National Weather Service said precipitation is moving out of Lawrence.
- Several inches of snow could fall Saturday in Lawrence
- 04:40 p.m., November 14, 2014 Updated 07:39 a.m.
- It’s been a colder-than-normal November, but things may be even more winterlike Saturday in Lawrence. Lawrence was expected to receive 2 to 4 inches of snow on Saturday, with most of it coming between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., NWS meteorologist Kyle Poage said Friday. Early Saturday morning, the weather agency revised its projections to 1 to 3 inches.
- Saturday snow, winds prompt Winter Weather Advisory for Douglas County
- 08:23 a.m., November 14, 2014 Updated 03:45 p.m.
- Lawrence and Douglas County will be under a Winter Weather Advisory from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. The National Weather Service in Topeka issued the advisory Friday in advance of a weather system that will bring snowfall of 2 to 4 inches to the area.
- Latest weekend forecast predicts 3-4 inches of snow in Lawrence
- November 13, 2014
- Lawrence may see three to four inches of total snow accumulation on Saturday and Sunday, according to projections released Thursday by the National Weather Service.
- Steep drop in temperatures, cold winds in Kansas
- November 11, 2014
- A cold front that swept across Kansas caused a dramatic drop in temperatures that is expected to continue through much of the week.
- 43-degree temperature swing coming Monday in Lawrence
- November 9, 2014
- When you wake up, you’ll want to put on shorts. But keep those wool socks handy.
- Bitter cold, possible snow coming next week to Douglas County
- November 8, 2014
- Monday may be your last chance to soak up the warm days of fall before a bitter cold front enters the Douglas County area, bringing frigid temperatures and a chance of snow.
- Rainfall light in evening and overnight
- November 4, 2014
- The National Weather Service reported about .09 of an inch of rain between about 5 p.m. Monday and midnight Tuesday.
- Frost advisory issued for Wednesday morning in Douglas County
- October 28, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a frost advisory for Douglas County, in effect from 3 to 9 a.m. Wednesday.