Lawrence crews begin plowing residential streets
By 11:30 Wednesday morning, city of Lawrence crews had begun clearing residential streets, including this cul-de-sac in east Lawrence. Cul-de-sacs prove especially challenging because of the closely spaced driveways and large street area to clear. This driver rotates his plow blade toward and away from the curb in order to avoid creating windrows, which can be difficult for drivers to navigate over. The driver said they do their best to do that around town, but sometimes, it's just not possible.
- Lawrence crews begin plowing residential streets February 2, 2011
- Traffic stuck on Iowa Street February 1, 2011
- Plows hit streets as snow piles up around Lawrence February 1, 2011
- Lawrence bus rider on a snowy day February 1, 2011
- Winter snow storm moves into Lawrence February 1, 2011
- Kansas Highway 10 shut down after series of accidents January 31, 2011