KU students' flash mob raises awareness of UN program

By Mike Yoder · April 11, 2012 · Comment on this

KU journalism students held a flash mob to raise awareness of the United Nation's "Future That We Want" program.

Comments

thin_mint 2 years ago

RRRR! me no like college students..me no like KU..me live in college town and hate my own existence...RRR!!!!! stomp stomp....me green with envy for reasons all my own...RRR!!!!

dsplawrence 2 years ago

"Like, yah, let's create awareness for a cause that we only care about insofar as it will bring attention to us, because we're a bunch of cloying, cliched, condescending white liberal college students who use idiotic fads like flash mobs' as a ploy to make people think we care about others, when really, our narcicism and our urge to scream 'LOOK AT MEEE, AREN'T I SPECIAL AND CREATIVE?' is the sole reason we do anything! It's a good thing the world has informed, lily-white college kids like us to let the world know how bad things are. Likeyahlikeyahlikeyah.'

funkdog1 2 years ago

They need to have a flash mob to bring awareness to the fact that their chosen field is dying.

Shane Garrett 2 years ago

I want to say something about teaching a man to fish... but, instead will use an example on NPR this morning. Several water purification stations were built in Haiti, to combat cholera. This were built by a non-profit organization. Two year later, these stations are no longer working for lack of... one station needs a pipe; one station needs two batteries and some pump parts. So the local people are drinking from the infected river. With that said, I could not help but think of the pipe found in Lawrence several years ago. It was made of two halves of a log hollowed out and lashed together. It was found down by the river area. When people learn to be self-sufficient and use the brains that they were given, it seems we could all benefit.

Timothy Eugene 2 years ago

Once I read "United Nations" I knew this was worthless...........

Pywacket 2 years ago

tbaker: nobody's stopping you from organizing whatever kind of flash mob or holding any kind of seminar you want. Go for it---just as these folks went for something in which they believe.

tbaker 2 years ago

Just once I would like to see a self-sufficiency parade, or an individual liberty flash mob, or a “here is how the government can help empower individual citizens to be successful in life all by themselves” seminar. How about a free class on man’s right to exist for his own sake? Why do the idealistic altruists looking to steal the fruits of other people’s labor always make the news? Liberty thieves….

Raphael 2 years ago

Is this really a flashmob? Or just a drum circle?

Shane Garrett 2 years ago

The future that you want is the future that YOU make. So be givers and not takers!

catherine99 2 years ago

no offence...but this doesn't really qualify as a flash mob, does it?

E-mail to a friend