Zombie Walk

By Mike Yoder · October 6, 2011 · Comment on this

Zombies shuffled their way through downtown Lawrence during the fifth annual Lawrence Zombie Walk. Over 500 people participated and raised money for the Lawrence Humane Society.

Related story

Comments

rtwngr 3 years, 2 months ago

My wife and I were downtown last night when the "Zombie Walk" was taking place. I looked at my wife and uttered the famous words, "They walk among us."

verminiusrex 3 years, 2 months ago

The actual count of participants was 867, more than double last year's attendance.

cobaltblue 3 years, 2 months ago

Quite a few people really went all out on the costumes. Really great fun for a great cause!

Fred Whitehead Jr. 3 years, 2 months ago

It was incomplete. I did not see any city commissioners.

emilyar 3 years, 2 months ago

How much money did they raise for the Humane Society?

Alex Parker 3 years, 2 months ago

Organizers say more than $1,000 was raised. We've got more details in an upcoming Lcom story. Check back around noon for the full recap.

antney 3 years, 2 months ago

Downtown for dinner last night when zombies walked by. Lets keep Lawrence weird.

Grant_Runyun 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm all for free association and fun stuff like this, but I gotta say, it was pretty annoying when every couple of minutes a zombie would pound on the glass at Encore Cafe. I can't imagine the resturaunt enjoyed having to clean up all the fake blood smeared across their large windows either. I hope a small fraction of incosiderate zombies don't ruin it for everyone else.

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

Yeah there are always a few jagaloons in every crowd but with 800 potential customers walking downtown, I think the resturaunts will suffer through it. Zombie are good for the economy

ljwhirled 3 years, 2 months ago

Organizers had clean up crews clean the windows after the walk was complete.

This is good clean fun and I think many of the businesses downtown made some $$.

the only reason I spent money downtown yesterday was because I was at the walk.

"Grant_Runyon" - don't you have some pesky kids on your lawn to yell at?

E-mail to a friend