See complete forecast
By Richard Gwin
July 5, 2011
Comment on this
When a B-29 comes to northeast Kansas later this month, three Lawrence men will have a chance to relive their moments spent in the plane during World War II.
Copy and paste the link:
God bless these men and all service men and women past and present. Thank you for your service.
If it hadn't been for their sacrifices, this country and our world would certainly not be anything like it is today.
I just looked on the web, and found the claim that 405,399 U.S. military personnel were killed in World War II. That does not count the injured, and some were maimed for life.
I do have to wonder, could that many of our present generation ever make the same effort as they did in order to make our country, and eventually the world, as free as it is today?
And, we should never forget that there are a lot of servicemen and women in Afganistan and Iraq that are presently in danger while serving our country also, regardless of how anyone feels about the politics of the present conflicts.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
URL Paste this into an e-mail or IM
Embed Paste this into your blog or website
Jayhawker Signature Salad $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
$12.99 All-You-Care-To-Eat Spare Ribs
· LUNCH ONLY - Spare Ribs served with barbeque ...
Avocado Burger or a Crown Cobb Salad
· Choose one of these legendary specials! The Avocado ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Six Mile Chop House
Turkey Bacon Avocado Wrap
· House shaved smoked turkey breast, avocado, bacon, baby ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
Pollo Del Mar
· Grilled shrimp and chicked sauteed with mushrooms, poblano ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers
· 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers Kobe, chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin ...