Retired Lawrence police sergeant saves baby

December 23, 2011 · Comment on this

Former Lawrence police sergeant Mark Warren was given an award by Nebraska Furniture Mart, where he is now a security guard, for his role in saving a baby on Nov. 19. The company created this video, using surveillance footage and 911 recordings.

Related story

Comments

ou812mr2 2 years, 3 months ago

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED, I WOULD EXPECT NOTHING LESS FROM MARK. HE IS AN INCREDIBLY MAN. LPD WAS EXTREMELY BLESSED TO HAVE HAD HIM FOR AS MANY YEARS AS THEY DID. HE IS A GENTLE GIANT. A GREAT MAN TO HAVE ON YOUR SIDE AND I PITY THE PERSON THAT TRIES TO CROSS HIM. HE IS THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD NOT WANT TO BE CALLED A HERO BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS MARK, YOU ARE!!

lunacydetector 2 years, 3 months ago

i watched the video....what did he do? was the baby choking?

Kerry Putthoff 2 years, 3 months ago

I have known Sgt Warren for almost thirty years. I would expect no less than this from him. He spent his entire adult life sacrificing for the community and especially the city of Lawrence. People like him set the example for the rest of the community. Giving selflessly without recognition. Now finally, Sgt Warren will get the recognition that he deserves! (although I know he does not think himself a hero, he simply reacted) I have always been proud to call Mark a close personal friend and I know of at least one person that will grow up knowing that because of Sgt. Warren, they owe their life! Outstanding job Mark!!! Or should I simply say, "Thanks for being every day Mark!"
If the community knew just a part of what he has done for them, I should be half the person that you are. Your friend. Kerry

skinny 2 years, 3 months ago

Great job Sgt Warren! Merry Christmas!

MrClean 2 years, 3 months ago

Outsanding job SGT Warren! The outcome may have been horribly different without the response you provided. Guess you are never truly retired. L66

frankfussman 2 years, 3 months ago

Wonderful work. (Not sure of the operator's requests.)

E-mail to a friend