Bed bugs a local problem

By Cory Smith · October 15, 2010 · Comment on this

One Lawrence woman is having issues with something that's become a national problem: bed bugs. The woman is trying to get out of her lease to escape the hungry pests.

Comments

sentinel4820 4 years, 2 months ago

I can sympathize with this poor girl and her child..she obviously is a young mother trying to raise a child in a safe environment. I can see both sides of this story, the apartment mgt service has provided one treatment and they are expensive (est at $800-$1000) to treat the bugs and they have another treatment scheduled next week... but the logical step is to let this mother move out of her apartment until the bug issue is resolved...just make sure when she moves to treat all of her furniture and clothing items for the bugs before the move or they will just be transferred to her new apartment..

p.s. Cameraman and newsreporter.. I understand getting the story required filming an interview but you should really check your clothing and camera bag since you were in her apartment as the bed bugs can be transferred back to your residence or office..

JustNoticed 4 years, 2 months ago

"One Lawrence woman is having issues ..." Good grief, I'd expect better from a so-called professional writer. What do you mean, "problems"? Stupid usage.

Tanner Stumbaugh 4 years, 2 months ago

Our neighbors have had them for a year and a half and did not report them. I have contacted an attorney and Fox 4. My grandmother said I needed to put signs up too. It is a good idea to write it on the car. Thank you for the support.

dogsandcats 4 years, 2 months ago

She needs to get a lawyer. Property Management Services needs to let her out of her lease. Or at least let her stay in one of their other properties or put her up in a hotel while they get it cleaned up.

Tanner Stumbaugh 4 years, 2 months ago

If you know of someone or you yourself have had problems with Mary Pat and/ or Property Management please look for the Facebook Group, "Property Management & Mary Pat who has ever had a problem??"

Every voice will be heard.

Tanner Stumbaugh 4 years, 2 months ago

If you look me up on facebook, Renee Mellenbruch, message me and I will send you the link. The group is called, "Property Management & Mary Pat who has ever had a problem??"

Scott Morgan 4 years, 2 months ago

Hey bud? Hey buddy? Know where I can score a couple grams of DDT?

.25 cents worth of DDT could stop her bedbug problem.

Before folks start complaining. DDT is a wonderful cheap pest killer which almost eliminated bedbugs and killer pests worldwide. A lib wrote a book making an unscientific conclusion DDT was hurting the environment.

I wonder if the United Nations folks making DDT illegal can sleep at night knowing how many children have died due to the elimination of DDT use.

Sound familiar to you globe heating heads?

Emily Hadley 4 years, 2 months ago

Property Mgmt. Services eats their young.

boobear777 4 years, 2 months ago

Even if she is let out of her lease SHE WILL TAKE THEM WITH HER, what good would it do to move to another property? She would just create this problem for other property owners. Its ignorance like this that makes this problem spread.

alm77 4 years, 2 months ago

She said she'd be willing to leave everything behind and buy all new stuff.

E-mail to a friend