Eudora High School engaging in "No Hate Campaign"

By Mark Boyle · May 18, 2010 · Comment on this

After learning of a protest of the high school's graduation this weekend, students decided to put a positive spin on it.

Related story

Comments

Belinda Rehmer 5 years, 1 month ago

Thank you Mark and Janet on the way you handled this story! I am very proud of our Eudora Students and staff in their creative way of handling this unsettling situation. I believe the best thing we can do here is raise a lot of money for Headquarters and ignore those sad people across the street.

I hope you join us at graduation and... ignore those sad people across the street! :-)

Irenaku 5 years, 1 month ago

This is wonderful! Something else to consider which has proven in the past to actually get Fred to leave is when you hold an Anti-Hate protest at the same time they do, advertising that you will be collecting money for organizations like DCAP or Headquarters as long as the Phelps clan hangs out. The longer they protest...the more money you collect. Brilliant! I do not know who first thought of this, but it has been very successful in the past.

Belinda Rehmer 5 years, 1 month ago

none2: I understand this group makes their money by lawsuits. They sue anti protesters and other enraged citizens that react violently to their "education". They know the law and use it to their benefit.

pagan_idolator 5 years, 1 month ago

Belinda I think some of their money does indeed come from lawsuits but I would be willing to bet they have some backers out there as well. Lots of crazies on this planet. Way to go Eudora High!!

christy kennedy 5 years, 1 month ago

Hooray EHS!

Fred Phelps and fellow lunatics, bringing people together all over the country:

jhokfan 5 years, 1 month ago

Why is this church picketing a high school graduation?

whats_going_on 5 years, 1 month ago

Jealousy; they've never experienced such a success

pagan_idolator 5 years, 1 month ago

Hah Hah! Beautiful whats_going_on!! I love it - thanks for the laugh today!

jhokfan 5 years, 1 month ago

This report really leaves me with some questions. I was barely able to ascertain what they were raising the money for and I was only able to determine who was doing the picketing from the posted comments. I still don’t know why the Westboro Baptist Church is picketing a high school graduation. I’m guessing someone at Eudora High is gay.

E-mail to a friend