Injured dog racking up medical bills

By Mark Boyle · June 1, 2010 · Comment on this

A dog injured in an apartment fire last week is racking up some serious medical bills. The owner is seeking community help in paying for the more than $3,500 the dog's treatment has cost.

Related story

Comments

lawdog 4 years, 6 months ago

Why don't vets give dog owners a sliding scale fee in incidents like these? I would be willing to contribute an amount towards his bill and I would invite other dog lovers here in Lawrence to do the same.

lawdog 4 years, 6 months ago

I can only hope that if I ever needed support from the community, they would be there for me. Lawrence is the most giving place I have ever lived and I know there are many others who feel the same. Let us know where we can forward our donations.

yankeevet 4 years, 6 months ago

I will donate............hope this dog recovers; very sorry this happened.

christy kennedy 4 years, 6 months ago

I will too. The care must be extensive but $3,500 in just three days seems high.

lawdog 4 years, 6 months ago

I agree the charges are quite expensive for that short of a period. I've been posting this article on FB and myspace friends for additional support. I wish that the vets here in Lawrence would come together in situations like this and donate their time.

yankeevet 4 years, 6 months ago

Yes; this is a good vet; been taking my husky there for 5 years now..............

Kontum1972 4 years, 6 months ago

you should of taken your mutt to k-state, they do have a vet school there and i am sure they would of squared away your Mutt for nothing...it is good OJT for those future vets.

lawdog 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm an animal lover and I'm def going to support Riley or any animal that needs it.

gatekeeper 4 years, 6 months ago

Just FYI - $3500 isn't that high for this kind of care. My poor dog had to have major surgery earlier this year and then ended up getting pancreatitis because of some meds he was being treated with. I won't even say how much his hospitalization in KC cost us. $3500 isn't too bad considering all the care, dressings and meds this poor dog needs.

If many would give just a little, these vet bills will be covered in no time.

E-mail to a friend