Eudora man gearing up for a fight to get on the ballot

By Cory Smith · August 31, 2010 · Comment on this

Wayne Briscoe wants to run in the 3rd Congressional district, but a judge said he couldn't. Now he's preparing a lawsuit to get his name on the ballot.

Related story

Comments

maxcrabb 4 years, 3 months ago

No article?

Nothing is more frustrating than going to a 'newspaper' website, and see the top 'story' is a video done for the evening news.

I want to read.

/rant

jj14 4 years, 3 months ago

DITTO - I can't STAND it when they don't give at least a summary of the video - not all of us are in the position to listen to video.....CNN does this to about 1/2 of the things you are interested in on their website.

giveitsomethought 4 years, 3 months ago

I love the link that I thought would take me to the story. Why put in a link.... the video is the story. Very Nice :-J

Jonathan Kealing 4 years, 3 months ago

Hi all--

If you click the related story link, you'll be taken to a text version of the story. In the modern, Internet era, though, stories take all forms. More and more you'll see stories offered in forms other than text.

Jonathan Kealing

maxcrabb 4 years, 3 months ago

Hi Jon--

First off, it's your site, so you can take my criticism or leave it.

The video can be played directly from the front page. So why have a headline above it, that when clicked, directs you to another page with the video but no text. I do see the link to the full story below. It's small and out of the way. Why the extra steps just to read the story?

"In the modern, Internet era, though, stories take all forms. More and more you'll see stories offered in forms other than text." <---this is just condescending.

Richard Heckler 4 years, 3 months ago

From what I can gather Wayne Briscoe is adopting the Tea Party platform. Calling himself independent is a tool to get around saying exactly what his philosophy is. The Tea Party should be working on the ballot process to be recognized as a party as such.

scopi_guy 4 years, 3 months ago

God help me, I'd rather watch four Spangles commercials than have to listen/watch another one of those Prairie Band ads.