Microsoft SUV captures images around town

By Janet Reid · March 31, 2009 · Comment on this

If you noticed a strange SUV driving all over Lawrence on Tuesday, there's a good explanation.

Related story

Comments

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

If you wrap tin foil (shiny side out) around your head, they can't read your thoughts. Remember to leave eye holes if you are going to be driving or walking in public.

local_support 6 years, 1 month ago

Let me know when they're going to be driving by my house so I can stand on the porch and moon them.

cutny 6 years, 1 month ago

local_support: They're coming by right now.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

it must be pure he|| driving the microsoft SUV! I mean, you're driving along at 60mph on the highway and then for no discernable reason you're suddenly doing 22mph.

or, you start it, drive for a short while, and it dies for no reason, you have to take your keys outa the ignition, walk around the SUV three times, put your key back in, tap the dash lovingly, and hope it'll start up.

or the worst, you're driving along on a bright sunny day and suddenly what you see through the windshield is replaced by the blue screen of death and your car stops whenever and wherever it is right then!

plus, you take it to the mechanic and she speaks in unintelligible words of some secret code except when handing you the bill.

Danimal 6 years, 1 month ago

So wait, they still didn't tell us exactly why Microsoft is photographing every house in a America. Is it just a Google Street View mimic?

Danimal 6 years, 1 month ago

bearded_gnome if this is some weird Mac propaganda, I'm done with it. Tell me why, if Macs are so great, is a Mac worthless without Microsoft productivity software? I grew up with Macs in the '80s and '90s (mom was a teacher) and I hate them. Seriously if you take Microsoft and Firefox off of a Mac what are you left with? Safari and iTunes?

E-mail to a friend