The 36th Annual Antique Car Show

By John Henry · October 6, 2008 · Comment on this

The 36th Annual Antique Car Show was held at the Douglas County Fairgrounds on Sunday. Good weather and old cars drew spectators and participants throughout the area to judge the vintage automobiles.

Comments

labmonkey 6 years, 9 months ago

Blue-My parents still have a car they bought brand new that I drove throughout high school. It turns 25 this year. If I can get it back into original condition (frame off restoration) in the next 10 years, are you saying that I could get a blue Kansas license plate like they had in the 80's? That would be pretty cool if I could.

Michael Sizemore 6 years, 9 months ago

no - it doesn't need to be in original condition, just 35 years old. and no, it's just a crappy ks-issued tag. Just plain white with the word "Kansas" and "Antique". It'll cost you $40 - it is however, a personalized tag, meaning you decide what you want it to say.http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatute.do?number=1320

KsTwister 6 years, 9 months ago

Took the old folks out for a beautiful day and you know their old when the cars they are standing next to has the same birth year. They did enjoy the walk down memory lane, I did not know there were so many stories about 'rumble seats' in cars though.

John Spencer 6 years, 9 months ago

When does a car become "officaially" antique? 25, 50 years? What governing body came up with the number of years?

bangaranggerg 6 years, 9 months ago

What was that? Did they record the audio for that story on a victrola?

jhawks1234 6 years, 9 months ago

Why does the ljw not tell us more about up coming events!Missed this because I saw nothing to tell me it was going on.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 9 months ago

it was cool they should have plugged it more in the ljw.

blindrabbit 6 years, 9 months ago

Typical JW, only hear about the events after they are over! Too bad they did away with the Arts and Entertainment Section several years ago and replaced it with the rag "Pulse". The paper is becoming more irrevelant!

E-mail to a friend