Gov. Sebelius answers questions about Dr. Tiller

By Steve Jones · May 28, 2008 · Comment on this

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius answers questions about an event last year at Cedar Crest that included Dr. George Tiller as a guest. Sebelius answered the questions following an appearance at Wal-Mart, 3300 Iowa St.

Comments

Agnostick 5 years, 10 months ago

Asbestos...Well said. All of it.Together, we can work to greatly reduce the incidence of abortion... in a sensible, practical, efficient way.How?Abortion is not used to eliminate the pregnancies of women who want to be pregnant. Similarly, women who are not pregnant... cannot get abortions.So, logically, the only women who get abortions are those with unwanted pregnancies.Reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies... and the number of abortions will be similarly reduced. If the reduction is great enough, Tiller may have to close his clinic, just like any other small business suffering from a lack of paying customers.How can we reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies?Promoting abstinence... providing better access to birth control, especially condoms... and offering other means of preventing conception.Agnostickagnostick@excite.comhttp://www.uscentrist.orghttp://www.americanplan.org

thatkidfromschool 5 years, 10 months ago

Unfortunately, I expected to be misquoted.A baby lives BECAUSE of its mother. You remember the good ol' umbilical cord, right? Without it, the baby dies.Again, I repeat, something that ISN'T HUMAN does not BECOME HUMAN by getting older.Yes, I understand that there is ONE CASE, and ONE CASE ONLY, where abortion is the only option (when giving birth to the baby would kill the baby and the mother).You tell me to "read a few stories and walk in the shoes of a few women who have had abortions and have a little empathy for their reasons."I have no empathy for murderers. Now, before someone goes on me about rape and incest, here this:The baby is a victim, too. There's always adoption--ALWAYS. The women who get convenience abortions just don't want the responsibility of being a parent.I think you should read a few stories and walk in the shoes of people who were aborted...and lived to tell about it.But I don't see that happening, either.

ASBESTOS 5 years, 10 months ago

"While the article isn't about abortion specifically, the fact that you've mentioned that it isn't a "real issue" just makes me sick."YOU make me sick, with your one issue "horse" litmus test. The American people are evenly divided on this issue, so why try to advance it? A better option for the Abortion foes, would be to push adoption and to reduce the number of abortions through the promotion of contraception and birth control, and to stop the use of "abortion for birth control". Look at the statistics fo abortion, 52% of those that had abortions had a previous one. That is repeat customers. So the prevention of pregnancy IS the issue, and not the abortion.So you radical so called republicans that oppose abortion only oppose it and you oppose pregnancy prevention.You have no credibility, so don;t lecture me. That is why this issue is a non-starter, it is devisive, and does nothing to prevent abortions by preventing the pregnancy.That is the solution.

Cait McKnelly 5 years, 10 months ago

"Abortion isn't a dead horse:it's a dead baby."No, a baby can and does live independently of its mother.."..it has a heartbeat, a brain,...."So does a great white shark."...and a soul."This is a value judgment sort of like saying it's ok to eat fish because they don't have auras."These babies are murdered as a convenience.."They aren't "babies" (see above). Agreed they have the potential to become one but they aren't there yet. The word "convenience" in this sentence is also a value judgment. What may be a "convenience" to you may be life shattering to the woman involved.I think you need to read a few stories and walk in the shoes of a few women who have had abortions and have a little empathy for their reasons. But I don't see that happening.

thatkidfromschool 5 years, 10 months ago

At Asbestos:"The Kansas GOP needs to get busy with real issues such as passing the bills opposing giving benefits and supporting illegal aliens and those that hire illegal aliens."In a nutshell, what you have just stated is that protecting unborn children isn't worth the time and effort it's been receiving.While the article isn't about abortion specifically, the fact that you've mentioned that it isn't a "real issue" just makes me sick.This is really to everyone who has and will comment on this article:Abortion isn't a dead horse...it's a dead baby. It is human (how can something inhuman become human with age? It can't), it has a heartbeat, a brain, and a soul.These babies are murdered as a convenience, and it's not considered an issue?I think we can only work on immigration when babies are safe from abortion, and the sanctity of marriage is protected from the gay agenda.So, I leave you with these words of wisdom, Asbestos:You were a fetus once, too.

Nick Vaughan 5 years, 10 months ago

I cant believe Sebelius would call herself Catholic when she is pro-choice. Shame on her.

johnadavies 5 years, 10 months ago

I am someone who has left the Republican party because of nonsense like this and of course the war! I think we should start ignoring Little Phill like we are ignoring Fred Phelps; he's pointless and nothing he says is worth listening to.

SettingTheRecordStraight 5 years, 10 months ago

asbestos,Do you know what a mixed metaphor is?

le 5 years, 10 months ago

Republicans get scared and break out the crooked tactics! Typical G.O.P. B.S....A Female Democrat beat the odds and kicked Redumblican @ss...Can you say sore Losers? What a Lame attempt to try and slander your Leader ... Kris Kobach is Running scared as usual !

inatux 5 years, 10 months ago

Video on the front page of my local newspaper? No thanks.

ASBESTOS 5 years, 10 months ago

The psychopathic RIght of the GOP needs to quit beating this dead horse. I am a GOP member and this dog will not hut anymore. The Kansas GOP needs to get busy with REAL ISSUES such as passing the bills opposing giving benefits and supporting illega aliens and those that hire illegal aliens. The GOP needs to get off their collective rear ends and get a real Kansas Energy Policy such as giving tax breaks and supporting small businesses (not large corps) to offset the installation of Solar and miniturbines on their houses and small businesses. Imagine the economic growth that would occur if nobody had power bills! Look at ehe solar panel and miniturbine retail businesses!Instead of focusing on the tired abortion and gay marriage and evolution p-matches, the GOP needs to pull their collective heads out of the rear ends and seek a higher plane of conservatism other than divisive wedge issues only.That horse is dead, and the dog will no longer hunt that, and your fundraising shows that!

le 5 years, 10 months ago

P.S. ...I am one of the few whom make comments that is honest about being a @ss sometimes..you will see what I mean as you spend time on here! Very few of the people that comment here are actually as intelligent as they sound! And many will not ever admit they are wrong..some just are not capable of doing so! Oh And if you don`t wanna be alienated ..do not engage me in conversation! So enjoy your interactions on here ..and welcome to Disneyland!

le 5 years, 10 months ago

Don`t worry suhas...you will find all the battles on here that you can stand! There are many @ssholes on here ..including me!

SuhasRao 5 years, 10 months ago