Water bills to go up

July 14, 2008 · Comment on this

It seems clear that city residents will be paying more for water in 2009. Lawrence city commissioners raised no objections to a proposed 12 percent water rate increase during a study session this afternoon.

Related story

Comments

gccs14r 6 years, 10 months ago

My water bill is already more than my electric bill and is approaching my phone bill. Enough already!

OnlyTheOne 6 years, 10 months ago

Ahhhhhhhh, Lawrence.The powers that be never learn just tax.

Marcy McGuffie 6 years, 10 months ago

Bleepity, bleep, bLEEP, BLEEEEEP!!! Fo' seriously? My bill is already outrageous! Nice....

sjschlag 6 years, 10 months ago

I didn't know we got our water out of the Kansas River. Is that safe?

tvc 6 years, 10 months ago

I am going to ask for a 12% raise too!

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 10 months ago

and this is not a joke? I am sure there is a joke some where in this, these people running this town can not be this this this give me a word people none of mine are printable.

namastem 6 years, 10 months ago

uh... the 12 percent is to pay for all the land take over and construction they are going to be doing as they spend millions of dollars laying new water pipes around north lawrence and out to the airport.

BigPrune 6 years, 10 months ago

Does this mean we aren't going to have to vote on sales tax increases? Is this because I said I was going to contact Jimmy Carter to monitor the polls? I know, it makes it sound like I am important and people actually read these messages.

july241983 6 years, 10 months ago

most cities along the river get their water from the river. manhattan drinks out of it, then dumps its sewer waste in the river. Topeka does the same, as do we. So, if the 12 % is making sure our treatment facilities are top-notch, I am ok with that. But, 12 % is a pretty big hike.

gccs14r 6 years, 10 months ago

I put in a 1.5 gpm shower head with an interrupter. That'll drop the water bill.

E-mail to a friend