Advertisement

westcl (Clara Westphal)

Follow

Comment history

What retail store would you like to see in Lawrence?

A music instrument repair shop.

March 28, 2014 at 10:26 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

KU chancellor upholds students' elimination of athletics fee but creates new fees in its place

With $93 million, the athletic department can't fund non-revenue sports? Ridiculous!! Maybe they should cut expenses elsewhere and leave the KU students money out of the equation.

March 28, 2014 at 10:10 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Billy Ebeling at Brown Bag concert

They do not have the same personnel as last year.

July 1, 2013 at 8:51 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Statehouse Live: Bill to repeal in-state tuition for undocumented students introduced in committee

I want them to go home to whatever country they came from. They are cowards. They could take a stand in their own country to make it better. Or they could wait in line like others who are obeying our laws and going through the legal process of becoming a citizen.

January 29, 2013 at 12:08 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Statehouse Live: Bill to repeal in-state tuition for undocumented students introduced in committee

If Kansas continues to let illegal students attend for in-state tuition then other out-of-state students who are citizens should be able to pay in-state tuition as well.

There is a federal law that states no foreigner shall be given privileges that are not also given to citizens of the country. Just like other laws, it is not enforced.

January 29, 2013 at 12:05 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Do you attend Lawrence farmers' markets?

I used to go every week but I got tired of having to dodge the dogs people bring with them.

January 4, 2013 at 9:09 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Are you in favor of building the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility in Manhattan?

The authorities who want this lab claim it is 99% safe. What about the other 1%?

Putting an anthrax lab in the middle of cattle country doesn't sound like a good idea. It was on island in New York. They should keep it there.

January 3, 2013 at 10:17 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

City to begin enforcing ordinance requiring sidewalks to be cleared of snow at 8 a.m. Thursday

I am 83 and disabled. I have a young woman who lives close to me. She shovels my walk for me and gets it done before the 48 hours deadline. Senior Services found her for me. Thanks to all of them.

January 3, 2013 at 10:10 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

City to begin enforcing ordinance requiring sidewalks to be cleared of snow at 8 a.m. Thursday

The city might clean the sidewalks that belong to them. They are the worst offenders.

January 2, 2013 at 2:14 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Previous