March 11, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Last login: Monday, November 12, 2012
Since I am a 64-year-old in the midst of an exercise program to rid me of pain I have had for 18 months, I have some opinions about your advice. In a nutshell, I think the personal trainer you engage makes all the difference. I found a terrific trainer last month and now I'm finally getting my pain to subside. I have had trainers in the past who didn't know how to step me through a careful progression of stretches and who didn't push me hard enough to get results. And I disagree that feeling pain is a signal to stop. During the sessions with my trainer I experience a lot of pain. But my pain overall is subsiding. Now my body is getting stronger and already I no longer hobble or pull myself up the stairs with the handrail.
I firmly believe I was on a very dangerous path. I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker and more debilitated. I see this everywhere around me in older people whose strength and agility is seeping away. I believe that halfway efforts don’t work for many of us. We need to take stock and make drastic changes in our lifestyles to avoid an old age of obesity, weakness, and eventual dependence on a walker or wheelchair.Of course, I am no expert on arthritis, but the challenge I am facing and the solution I finally found seemed pertinent.
November 12, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
· Your choice of crispy or grilled chicken breast ...
Bird Dog Bar
1/2 price burgers!
Tuesday Lunch Special
· Slab-O-Palooza! $10.99 St. Louis Ribs All Day. (Dine ...
23rd Street Brewery
Hazelnut encrusted goat cheese salad or Brewery chicken soft tacos
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· $5 off a Feast for Two or $10 ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Roasted marinated meat of your choice or panner ...
Jayhawker signature taco dish, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Wheat State Pizza
2 Medium Pizzas, each with 2-toppings, both just $14.99.
· Every day: Get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Two 10" pizzas with 2 toppings each
· plus 2 drinks. Everyday special: Slice/Salad/Drink, just $6.35
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Nacho pizza with a salad.
· From now through St. Patty's Day: Guinness Beef ...