April 18, 2014 |
43° Fair with Haze
See complete forecast
Last login: Monday, April 2, 2007
This bar is in about its first week of operation and is already a blight on the Hillcrest neighborhood and the motels near 9th and Iowa which are blasted mercilessly with sound from the "music" and patrons unruly behavior outdoors. Mr. Liu has his finger on the pulse of the violence-prone population and is catering to it to make a fast buck - more trouble is in the future for this location.
What is our City Commission thinking in allowing this kind of operation on what used to be a peaceful street with a skateboard park, Bucky's, the Merc, etc?
If you don't believe me, drive by there on a Friday or Saturday night and ask yourselves if this is what you want happening in your city, on a main thoroughfare for people entering Lawrence from out of town.
April 2, 2007 at 5:28 a.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
23rd Street Brewery
23rd Street chicken Caesar salad or New York reuben
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· Choose two different meats from these options: St. ...
$1 off any Biggs signature sandwich!
· Lunchtime only.
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Fish & Chips
· Lightly breaded tilapia served on a bed of ...
Jayhawker signature fish plate, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful coconut-based ...
Wheat State Pizza
Large 5 Topping Pizza
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Ancho chicken and rice taco salad.
· Our new menu is almost entirely gluten-free!
Buy 1, Get 1 specials!
· Buy any small pizza, get a 1-topping small ...