March 10, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Last login: Sunday, November 17, 2013
Midland Care provides the PACE program in Douglas County They also offer the Day Center on Perry Street, for the elderly or disabled person to have care during the day while their loved one works during the day.
Taking care of an aging or disabled individual at home is a huge commitment and I'm thankful for these programs that can help. It is a shame that insurances kick in the $$ when they go to a facility, but not when they are at home.
The cost to the government (taxpayers) is SO much higher when care is delivered through a facility. Never mind the price the individual has to pay by being in a lonely, isolated place away from their family and familiar surroundings.
Those that work at long-term care facilities, please don't take offense, I'm sure you do a fantastic job, but nothing is better than home and family (for most, anyhow).
November 17, 2013 at 2:35 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Open-Faced Roast Beef
· Hot, juicy beef piled high on sourdough bread. ...
Jayhawker signature salad, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Tender boneless chicken or vegetables (potato and cauliflower) ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers!
· Kobe, Chicken, Turkey, Pork Tenderloin, and Spicy Black ...
Medium 12" Pizza
· with 2 toppings and 2 drinks. Everyday special: ...
23rd Street Brewery
Tortilla taco salad or flatbread pizza
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Southwest Chicken Wrap
· Lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar and chipotle mayo are stuffed ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
Burgers and Sandwiches from $5.99
· Options like the classic cheeseburger, BBQ pulled chicken ...
Wheat State Pizza
LG 5-Topping Pizza just $12.99
· Every day: Get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...