March 12, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Last login: Sunday, November 17, 2013
Midland Care provides the PACE program in Douglas County They also offer the Day Center on Perry Street, for the elderly or disabled person to have care during the day while their loved one works during the day.
Taking care of an aging or disabled individual at home is a huge commitment and I'm thankful for these programs that can help. It is a shame that insurances kick in the $$ when they go to a facility, but not when they are at home.
The cost to the government (taxpayers) is SO much higher when care is delivered through a facility. Never mind the price the individual has to pay by being in a lonely, isolated place away from their family and familiar surroundings.
Those that work at long-term care facilities, please don't take offense, I'm sure you do a fantastic job, but nothing is better than home and family (for most, anyhow).
November 17, 2013 at 2:35 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
23rd Street Brewery
Thai chicken salad or blanken burger
Henry T's Bar & Grill
40¢ Bites & 50¢ Wings All Day Long!
· From now through St. Patty's Day: Guinness Beef ...
Five Dollar Burger Baskets!
· Any of our famous burgers - get here ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Pulled Pork Sandwich
· Premium pulled pork stacked on a Kaiser bun, ...
· Small 1-topping pizza, $3.75. Medium 1-topping pizza, $5.75. ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Delectable combination of rice and Indian herbs/spices cooked ...
Wheat State Pizza
XLarge 5-Topping OR Specialty Pizza, each just $14.99.
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
99¢ kids meals with purchase of an adult entrée
· Kids 10 and under can choose from the ...
Jayhawker signature pasta, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...