63° Mostly Cloudy
See complete forecast
Last login: Sunday, February 10, 2013
As a Mississippi resident, I am severely concerned for the future of women in this state. RU -486 is under attack politically right now, necessitating four doctors visits at the patient's expense since Hyde act won't allow insurance or federal funds to supplement abortion procedures. I don't remember when all abortions were coat hanger or back alley, but in Mississippi this is already our life. Most women are poor and cannot commute to the one abortion clinic in Jackson for a surgical procedure, and don't have the funds to pay if they did. Getting the public out of our private lives and family decisions is crucial to the economic impacts of poor families here. Most families have enough challenges feeding the children they already have. I see this as hope for Mississippi women, this could be the difference in women dying by the coat hanger, and living to mother their children by an over the counter do it yourself abortafacient drug..
February 10, 2013 at 6:41 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
· Grilled marinated steak and chicken fajita with onions, ...
$7.95 - $9.95 Jayhawk Signature Taco Dish
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Avocado Burger or a Cindy Self Salad
· Our Avocado Burger is on a homemade burger ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Buffalo Chicken Strip Club with One Side
· Most of our menu items can be prepared ...
Bird Dog Bar
1/2 Price Burger
· All Bird Dog burgers are Certified Angus Beef® ...
Six Mile Chop House
Chicken Salad Pita
· Roasted chicken in a creamy dill dressing with ...
$6.99 - $11.99 Slab-o-palooza
· Slab-o-palooza Full Slab St. Louis ala carte $11.99 ...