Dec. 6, 2013 |
13° A Few Clouds
See complete forecast
Last login: Wednesday, May 29, 2013
It is always difficult to reconcile dreams with reality. At some point we must all come to terms with our dreams and the choices that have led to our current circumstances, for better or for worse. It is inspiring hear the stories of people who achieved success (however you choose to define it) from humble circumstances; and it is tragic to hear of those who began in favorable a environment and drifted into failure. Of course, most of us fall in between the two extremes. Regardless, I have observed at least one constant: You reap what you sow. There seems to be a growing trend to blame others when our dreams don't turn out as we had hoped. The author, unfortunately, mentions only the failures of said department and faculty, mentioning nothing of his own responsibility. An investigative report into the author's choices might cast a different light on the story. My experience in said department was very different, exactly the opposite, in fact. I found the faculty engaging, willing to provide useful advice (should I choose to follow it) and strong mentoring. They also did not sugar coat the realities of the job market. Blaming others for one's own failures doesn't do any good. Every one of us has to take ownership of our own future - and that is the bottom line.
May 29, 2013 at 11:20 a.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
The Phog Wrap
· Just like in Allen Fieldhouse! Turkey wrap with ...
Buy 1, Get 1 specials!
· Buy any small pizza, get a 1-topping small ...
Wheat State Pizza
Double Deal: LG Specialty AND LG 1-Topping pizza just $19.99.
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· Choose two different meats from these options: St. ...
Jayhawker signature fish plate, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Bird Dog Bar
Signature sandwich, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
23rd Street Brewery
23rd Street chicken Caesar salad or New York reuben
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Fish & Chips
· Lightly breaded tilapia served on a bed of ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Southwest ancho chicken taco salad
· Our new menu is almost entirely gluten-free!
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful coconut-based ...