89° A Few Clouds
See complete forecast
Last login: Friday, October 6, 2006
I think Mr. Hirschney is entirely wrong. Libraries are even more relevent today than ever before. They allow access to information (interent use, etc.) and books for people who would not otherwise be able to afford it and can help teach people in community how to discern correct from wrong information. Mr. Hirschney also said in his article that any information can be found on the internet so why spend money on a new library. Well, as a librarian, I know for a fact that not everything can be found on the internet and not everything is free on the internet either. That's where the public's tax dollars come into play. The more money a community is willing to put into their library the better resources they can provide for its residents. So you see, Mr. Hirschney, not funding a new library may pave the way to a new dark age, not just save a few tax dollars. Mary Ann Hayden, Librarian
October 6, 2006 at 10:18 a.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Jayhawker Signature Salad $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers
· 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers Kobe, chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin ...
$12.99 All-You-Care-To-Eat Spare Ribs
· LUNCH ONLY - Spare Ribs served with barbeque ...
Six Mile Chop House
Turkey Bacon Avocado Wrap
· House shaved smoked turkey breast, avocado, bacon, baby ...
Avocado Burger or a Crown Cobb Salad
· The Avocado Burger is our homemade burger patty ...