Advertisement

hipgal (Sharon Nottingham)

Follow

Comment history

Journal-World websites to require commenters to identify themselves

No matter how civil a comment, a person could judge you and your family in a way that affects business and livelihood. This is my last post....and I have always been respectful on this forum.

October 9, 2013 at 6:59 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Work to begin soon on 23rd and O'Connell traffic signal; developers and housing authority still working on plans for rent-controlled apartment complex for area

What Chad failed to mention....the $200,000 homes one block south of proposed low income apt complex. I own one of them. How can the city support the lost taxes when my home value bombs? My home was only built 7 yrs ago and does not need anything to improve that area, other than a grocery store. What about cost of infrastructure, additional police, fire, medical services, maintenance, uptick in crime? A ten year tax abatement was discussed at the housing authority meeting I attended. Mr. Bill even suggested pushing the apt proposal thru before anyone could get to the the city commission. He mentioned ridiculous idea of using neighborhood revitalization act...how can that be used on vacant land? Also, a member of the committee said making them all HUD units was easier, administratively speaking. How can Prairie Park add several hundred students, they are busting at the seems. It makes more sense to build closer to Walmart, next to Home Depot. Many low income people have no vehicle. Bill should excuse himself from this proposal. The city wasn't even looking to buy this land, and thks whole idea sounds like spot zoning to me.

February 3, 2013 at 8:35 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Developer, proposed Rock Chalk Park partner Thomas Fritzel involved in company that owes $3.4M in back taxes, fees

there is a petition on change.org asking the city to put rec center on ballot.

February 3, 2013 at 8 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Amyx asks City Commission to weigh recreation center against other city priorities, projects

This makes me want to move out of Lawrence.

December 9, 2012 at 9:25 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

City agrees to begin contract negotiations on $25M recreation center

ku insists on using fritzel for our community rec proposal? No. KU can insist on that for their own buildings, but for our taxpayer buildings we deserve an open bidding process as well as a ballot question.

November 14, 2012 at 6:51 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Citywide election on proposed $25 million recreation center not likely

use for the "development and operation of parks and recreation facilities and programs.”...with a ku partnership I would seriously consider the legality of this use of the 94 tax $$. It only covers 85% anyway, we at least deserve a vote on the remaining 15% expenses and make the city stay within budget...which the proposal is already way overblown. Give us our ballot decision.

November 13, 2012 at 7:06 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Kansas surveys districts about cursive handwriting

Learning cursive is important for historical purposes. Even running across letters from ancestors can make learning cursive worth it so that you are able to read and decipher.

November 13, 2012 at 6:57 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Kansas boat tax question winning

thank goodness i voted in advance. the ballot question was ridiculously confusing...so I had to do further research online to make an informed decision.

November 7, 2012 at 7:24 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Kobach predicts 68 percent election turnout in Kansas

i can predict that 100% of Kansans don't like Kobach...

November 2, 2012 at 7:28 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Mailers on Kansas tax cuts go out ahead of election

we are being fed a line of crap. Why not wait until next wed. to mail it? it only takes one to two days to receive mail within the state...plenty of time to view before holidays.

November 2, 2012 at 7:20 a.m. ( | suggest removal )

Previous