65° Thunderstorm in Vicinity Light Rain
See complete forecast
Last login: Wednesday, May 15, 2013
I would like to point out that the LTA hasn't spent a penny of their own money to have the new courts built. I'm don't know for sure, but I'm guessing they didn't pay anything to have the previous set of LHS courts built, either. Why should a private club feel such ownership in what is really supposed to be a set of high school courts, open to the public?
If you tried to play tennis at these courts while LTA was holding one of their tournaments, you would have a very hard time getting in. Yet, (if you are a resident of Lawrence), you would have as good a right as they do to the use of the courts. You would have paid *exactly the same* as they did, to have the courts built.
The LTA has an unnatural and unwarranted feeling of ownership of these courts, and they have shown little regard for the neighborhood's concerns. The city needs to tell the LTA that they have to wait for the lighted courts at the new sports complex, and play elsewhere in the meantime. I heard that KU has offered to let LTA use its lit courts...but they declined. Why?
May 15, 2013 at 3:37 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice, $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Six Mile Chop House
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
· Grilled strips of buffalo spiced chicken breast, with ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Taco Pizza with a Salad
· Most of our menu items can be prepared ...
$8.49-$14.99 Baby Back Thursday
· Baby Back Thursday Full Slabs Baby Backs $14.99 ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
· Fresh grilled chicken an Monterey Jack cheese inside ...
Jayhawker Signature Sandwich, $7.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredient ...
Big Kahuna Burger or Salmon Cake Salad
· Big Kahuna Burger is focaccia bread loaded with ...