WIpatriot

Follow

Comment history

House approves statewide smoking ban; measure goes to governor

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

March 7, 2010 at 6:37 p.m. ( )

House approves statewide smoking ban; measure goes to governor

If our country was a democracy, 51% of the people could decide they want to kill the other 49%. That is why our nation is a Constitutional Republic, to protect the minority, in this case, smokers! These days laws are enacted by polls. We need to get rid of these lawmakers who keep giving voters anything they want and elect those that abide by the U.S. Constitution. I think all bar owners should file a class action lawsuit against the state for trampling their private property rights! These are thugs enacting these laws in the first place!

March 7, 2010 at 6:29 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

House approves statewide smoking ban; measure goes to governor

Since when do We The People allow polls to decide to legislate taxes and demonize an entire segment of our population, this case smokers! Let's hope that the next Congress and Senate will have the guts to shut down this kind of rubbish! If they don't we WILL find some who will! This nannying from ANY anti this or that group must stop!

March 7, 2010 at 6:28 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Should Gov. Parkinson sign the statewide smoking ban bill headed to his desk?

“All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.”
“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise”
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”
“The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.”
“It is not truth that matters, but victory”
“The day of individual happiness has passed”
“The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force.”
Adolph Hitler
Tactics used by tobacco control.

March 7, 2010 at 4:57 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Should Gov. Parkinson sign the statewide smoking ban bill headed to his desk?

Much like the newly exposed global warming debacle, which is nothing but an excuse for the government to legitimize the extreme taxation it would bring, the second hand smoke issue is nothing more than a way to control a huge segment of the population, perhaps as much as 1/2 of it or more. The newly created obesity 'crisis' that has kids feeling guilt, not love, is nothing more than a way for big pharma's controlled FDA to further limit our choices and thus our very freedom! I know many professionals (educated) who will NOT work under smoke-free rules and have quit! So how many of the brightest and best has the professional world lost due to the preference of those less educated? How many business owners have lost everything due to those with their snobby anti-smoker bullying? Smokers Welcome, Non-Smokers Welcome, Anti-Smokers Buy Your Own Business, You Are Not Welcome!

March 7, 2010 at 4:12 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Should Gov. Parkinson sign the statewide smoking ban bill headed to his desk?

You know that surgeon general's report on second hand smoke?
www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/second...
DEBUNKED!
Health Facts And Fears
ww.acsh.org/factsfears/newsID.800/news_detail.asp
Everything else:
DEBUNKED!
www.cato.org/pubs/regulation/regv21n4...
AND:
www.google.com/search?q=SECOND+HAND+S...

For this we give up freedoms that we've had for hundreds of years!

March 7, 2010 at 3:55 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Should Gov. Parkinson sign the statewide smoking ban bill headed to his desk?

The health choices of free Americans is NOT the government's role! The Nazi's tried this and got away with it for some time, where are they now? The government enacted Prohibition, what happened to that? Our government officials need to get out of the business of taking away private property rights! Once upon a time, the penalty for treason was the gallows!

March 7, 2010 at 3:54 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Should Gov. Parkinson sign the statewide smoking ban bill headed to his desk?

Smoking bans are DESIGNED to close pubs, kills two birds with one stone. It drives the need for the sheeple to purchase big pharma's products. Big pharma is all about behavior control, not finding cures. They aren't shy about it, it's right on their tax exempt foundation's website. In fact,you can buy their book on Amazon for $80.00: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Series on Health Policy, Tobacco Control Policy. http://www.amazon.com/Tobacco-Control...
Foundation-Anthology/dp/078798745X

March 7, 2010 at 3:54 p.m. ( | suggest removal )

Next