See complete forecast
Last login: Tuesday, July 9, 2013
I met Billy in the Spring of 1970. I decided to learn the fiddle and was practising on my porch at 123 E. 19th because my roommates refused to let me practice in the house - for good reason. When I would practice, a little girl would come and stand by the porch and watch. After about three or so sessions, she said, "My daddy plays the fiddle." I asked her name and she said,"Sally, I live across the street." She introduced me to her daddy and he changed my musical life. Billy taught me a number of basic fiddle tunes and was always kind enough to let me play with him around town. I would play the basic part and he would put an everchanging harmony over it. Words can't describe how much his friendship and teaching meant to me. I can still recall his "twinnin" on Maiden's Prayer. Rest easy my friend.
July 9, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Blackened Cajun Turkey Club with One Side
· Most of our menu items can be prepared ...
Bird Dog Bar
· The Bird Dog Classic Burger is a 1/3 ...
$7.95 - $9.95 Jayhawk Signature Taco Dish
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Avocado Burger or a Cindy Self Salad
· Our Avocado Burger is on a homemade burger ...
Six Mile Chop House
Chicken Salad Pita
· Roasted chicken in a creamy dill dressing with ...
$6.99 - $11.99 Slab-o-palooza
· Slab-o-palooza Full Slab St. Louis ala carte $11.99 ...