55° Partly Cloudy
See complete forecast
Last login: Thursday, December 6, 2012
The idea that common core standards are going to usurp the authority of the state is without merit. What does have merit are the demands of B of Labor Stats, the Council for Foreign Relations and the DOD, who say the the quality of student being turn out of our schools does not meet the growing demand of employers. Critical thinking skills are in demand. Multible choice State assessments do not measure critical thinking skills to the level needed measure success. The beauty of the current process of testing is it gives politicians the numbers to rail upon. We are missing the boat on this one folks. Movement toward a qualitative critical curriculum and away from the current quanitative curriculum is well advised. I've attached the study released by the CFR. http://www.cfr.org/united-states/us-e...
December 6, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice, $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Philly of Black & Blue Steak Salad
· Choose one of these legendary specials! The Philly ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
Shrimp & Crab Enchiladas
· Delicious shrimp and crab cream cheese filling wrapped ...
Jayhawker Signature Seafood Plate, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
24th Anniversary Burger Week 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers $3.00 Pints of Henry T's own Yankee Tank Beer $5.00 Keep your Yankee Tank Beer Glass
· 24th Anniversary Burger Week 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers $3.00 ...
Six Mile Chop House
Lobster Po' Boy
· Hoagie roll piled high with fresh lobster, lettuce, ...