See complete forecast
Last login: Monday, April 23, 2012
As someone who knows professional meteorologists, I feel I must agree that amateur storm chasing is very dangerous. I know that if I were to go off on my own after a thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado I would be putting my own life in danger.
If you don't know how to be safe and know where the storm is going (amateurs), you should NOT go driving after a storm cell. Professional storm chasers have the training to keep themselves safe.
Really, the programs about storm chasers are just like any reality tv -- scripted and NOT reality. The professionals who do this just do it because they love weather.
Sometimes they will chase a cell that doesn't produce any tornadoes. They live for the chase and the potential of seeing something. They don't do it for fame. They may be chasing a tornado but they are well aware of how dangerous Mother Nature can be.
April 23, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Henry T's Bar & Grill
2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers
· 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers Kobe, chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin ...
Jayhawker Signature Salad $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
Pollo Del Mar
· Grilled shrimp and chicked sauteed with mushrooms, poblano ...
$12.99 All-You-Care-To-Eat Spare Ribs
· LUNCH ONLY - Spare Ribs served with barbeque ...
Six Mile Chop House
Turkey Bacon Avocado Wrap
· House shaved smoked turkey breast, avocado, bacon, baby ...
Avocado Burger or a Crown Cobb Salad
· Choose one of these legendary specials! The Avocado ...