May 21, 2013 |
73° A Few Clouds
See complete forecast
Last login: Monday, April 23, 2012
As someone who knows professional meteorologists, I feel I must agree that amateur storm chasing is very dangerous. I know that if I were to go off on my own after a thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado I would be putting my own life in danger.
If you don't know how to be safe and know where the storm is going (amateurs), you should NOT go driving after a storm cell. Professional storm chasers have the training to keep themselves safe.
Really, the programs about storm chasers are just like any reality tv -- scripted and NOT reality. The professionals who do this just do it because they love weather.
Sometimes they will chase a cell that doesn't produce any tornadoes. They live for the chase and the potential of seeing something. They don't do it for fame. They may be chasing a tornado but they are well aware of how dangerous Mother Nature can be.
April 23, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Celebrating 22 Years! 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers
· Kobe, Chicken, Turkey, Pork Tenderloin, and Spicy Black ...
Tuesday Lunch Special
· Slab-O-Palooza! $10.99 St. Louis Ribs All Day. (Dine ...
Bird Dog Bar
1/2 Price Burgers
El Mezcal II
Speedy Gonzales-Taco and Enchilada
· with rice or beans.
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
Lunch Size Salads
· Smaller versions of our entrée salads, served with ...
$7.99 Combos Everyday
· 1/2 Sandwich and Soup or Salad.
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
· Your choice of crispy or grilled chicken breast ...
Taco Tuesday Special
· Featuring a different flavor each week! Always priced ...
Pork or Chicken Bulgogi
· Try Johnny's uniquely delicious tacos, and try 'em ...
Wheat State Pizza
2 Medium Pizzas, each with 2-toppings, both just $14.99.
· Every day: Get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...