See complete forecast
Last login: Monday, April 23, 2012
As someone who knows professional meteorologists, I feel I must agree that amateur storm chasing is very dangerous. I know that if I were to go off on my own after a thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado I would be putting my own life in danger.
If you don't know how to be safe and know where the storm is going (amateurs), you should NOT go driving after a storm cell. Professional storm chasers have the training to keep themselves safe.
Really, the programs about storm chasers are just like any reality tv -- scripted and NOT reality. The professionals who do this just do it because they love weather.
Sometimes they will chase a cell that doesn't produce any tornadoes. They live for the chase and the potential of seeing something. They don't do it for fame. They may be chasing a tornado but they are well aware of how dangerous Mother Nature can be.
April 23, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
$6.99 - $11.99 Slab-o-palooza
· Slab-o-palooza Full Slab St. Louis ala carte $11.99 ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Blackened Cajun Turkey Club with One Side
· Most of our menu items can be prepared ...
Bird Dog Bar
· The Bird Dog Classic Burger is a 1/3 ...
$7.95 - $9.95 Jayhawk Signature Taco Dish
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Six Mile Chop House
Chicken Salad Pita
· Roasted chicken in a creamy dill dressing with ...
Avocado Burger or a Cindy Self Salad
· Our Avocado Burger is on a homemade burger ...