63° Mostly Cloudy
See complete forecast
Last login: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
My daughter is a student in Mr. Wormsley's class this year. My impression is that the students respond well to his use of participant role-acting to learn about our history. Recently they had a unit on western expansion of the U.S. in which the students were randomly assigned different roles to help enact western expansion history. (My kid's character became ill and did not survive the difficult wagon journey.) Many aspects of our history are painful to remember, but it is important that we learn to care. Wormsley's methods often produce compelling and memorable lessons for the kids.
February 19, 2013 at 10:06 a.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
Shrimp & Crab Enchiladas
· Delicious shrimp and crab cream cheese filling wrapped ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice, $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
24th Anniversary Burger Week 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers $3.00 Pints of Henry T's own Yankee Tank Beer $5.00 Keep your Yankee Tank Beer Glass
· 24th Anniversary Burger Week 2-for-1 Charbroiled Burgers $3.00 ...
Philly of Black & Blue Steak Salad
· Choose one of these legendary specials! The Philly ...
Jayhawker Signature Seafood Plate, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Six Mile Chop House
Lobster Po' Boy
· Hoagie roll piled high with fresh lobster, lettuce, ...