See complete forecast
Last login: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
My understanding is that certain programs at KU, including several grad programs, are still some of the top in North America. The pharmaceutical chemistry program and the Speech Pathology program come to mind--both are nationally renowned.
More to the point...I'm not sure how competitive KU is in terms of graduate funding. I was admitted both to KU and to a Canadian university for graduate school, and had to pick the Canadian school because it would have actually been cheaper for me in the long term--not to mention a better program. Cutting higher ed funding is going to cost the state a lot of high-achieving young people over the course of the next decade or so, as its schools will cease to attract students from out of state and fail to retain native Kansans. Still, if it has to be this or elementary and secondary ed, I'd rather they cut higher ed--at least if we give our high school students a leg up, they'll be able to escape to states with more legitimate higher ed institutions than what ours will inevitably become.
December 11, 2012 at 7:51 p.m.
( permalink | suggest removal )
Avocado Burger plus a side Crown Cobb Salad
· The Avocado Burger is our homemade burger patty ...
Six Mile Chop House
Turkey Bacon Avocado Wrap
· House shaved smoked turkey breast, avocado, bacon, baby ...
Jayhawker Signature Salad $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Mi Ranchito Cocina Cantina Mexicana
Pollo Del Mar
· Grilled shrimp and chicked sauteed with mushrooms, poblano ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef's Choice $8.95-$12.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
$12.99 All-You-Care-To-Eat Spare Ribs
· LUNCH ONLY - Spare Ribs served with barbeque ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
2 for 1 Charbroiled Burgers with One Side
· Choose two of our tasty burgers, Charbroiled, Chicken, ...