Jayhawk Football Preview
New faces and an increase in talent figure to turn the Kansas University offense into one of the biggest surprises in the Big 12 Conference this college football season.
Former Dallas Cowboys coach just who Weis was looking for
During Kansas University’s forgettable 2010 and 2011 college football seasons, the defense consistently ranked among the worst in Div. I and too often forced KU to play from behind.
Season hinges on QB Crist’s health, success of offensive line
Sheahon Zenger, the latest athletic director to try to prove that establishing Kansas University as more than a basketball power is just one good football-coach hire away, very easily could have talked himself out of entrusting Charlie Weis with the job.
Even though Kansas University football program’s 2012 nonconference schedule will be interrupted by a home game against new Big 12 foe TCU, first-year KU coach Charlie Weis loves the way things look for his rebuilding ballclub.
After posting 36 victories over the last three years, the TCU football team will get a chance to prove it can maintain success against better competition in 2012.
Like new league-mates, WVU can fling it, but not great on ‘D’
On the surface, West Virginia looks like a perfect fit as a new member of the Big 12 Conference.
- Kansas State football to be underdogs again August 18, 2012
- Oklahoma State football must find key replacements August 18, 2012
- Sooners football seeks to shore up defense August 18, 2012
- Quarterback key question for Longhorns August 18, 2012
- Baylor Bears out to prove they don't need RGIII August 18, 2012
- Red Raiders football 'closer' defensively August 18, 2012