In the center of a tiny gray office, 70 steps up a tiny, barely lit spiral staircase, sits the nucleus of the Kansas University carillon.
KU’s signature sound
Elizabeth Egbert Berghout, is the Kansas University carrilloneur. She plays weekly recitals on the carillon as well as performing for special events like commencement.
When Kansas University Army ROTC cadets do most of their internal battalion training, they don’t have to go far to experience a major military base.
Military veterans say they will try again next year to get legislative approval of a bill that would allow all veterans to pay the lower in-state tuition rate to attend a Kansas Board of Regents university.
- KU business incubator attracting big names August 19, 2012
- KU’s popular Danforth Chapel a ‘super place to get married’ August 19, 2012
- KU’s Edwards Campus expands, caters to people in workforce August 19, 2012
- Biodiversity Research Institute houses millions of bugs August 19, 2012
- Engineering school aims for state-of-the-art training August 19, 2012
- Engineering students put heart and soul into race car project August 19, 2012