“He makes it a place where they want to be.”
You won’t find Lawrence resident Mary Gauthier sitting back and relaxing during her retirement. At age 89, she’s a go-getter.
With the fast pace of today’s on-the-go world, people often complain that there isn’t enough time to do everything they want. These people aren’t Carolyn Landgrebe.
“I usually teach somewhere between 24 and 26 hours a week,” says Susan Pomeroy, 61, in her typical upbeat, cheery tone. “Isn’t that fun?”
- Children’s excitement, passion are longtime teacher’s muse April 29, 2012
- KU professor James Carothers teaches students how to read baseball April 29, 2012
- South Middle School custodian is the 'glue of the building that holds things together' April 29, 2012
- Teacher draws on own life story in special classroom April 29, 2012
- ‘Tough and demanding’ teacher ‘made us care’ April 29, 2012