Only in Lawrence: Missi Pfeifer
Meet Missi Pfeifer, who has been running the neighborhood County Fair Swim Club for 11 years.
“I can tell you, it is much more than just a parade to us,” says St. Patrick’s Day Committee member Dan Affalter.
“Somehow, it has just kind of passed from volunteer to volunteer. Somebody just steps up and says, ‘I’ll do it,’ and then it just ends up being their group of friends or whoever wants to be involved,” Pfeifer said.
We all have gifts, Mary Tye says, and we all have calls to serve. Hers is helping her community in times of crisis. Quite literally, she’s a lifesaver.
Marcia Epstein planned to stay with Headquarters for two years. That was more than 30 years ago.
- Architect Dennis Domer documents way we live April 29, 2012
- Chancellor's husband has embraced Lawrence, KU April 29, 2012
- From Neil's Atomic Fireballs to Tharpe Has My Heart, KU ticket campout is serious, fun business April 29, 2012
- Can We Talk creator paves a path to success April 29, 2012
- It's a 'privilege' to serve Lawrence says LINK matriarch Katie Studebaker April 29, 2012
- Thad Holcombe's ministry of the open mind April 29, 2012