Peak tick season

Conditions are perfect for more of these critters to be bugging you this year

· June 13, 2008 · Post a comment

It's prime season for ticks, tiny insects that feed on blood. But with a bit of knowledge about the pests - where they live, what they look like and what to do if you encounter one - you, your family and your pets can remain tick-free.

Comments

thepartimarshall 5 years, 9 months ago

when I was ten I got thousands of them little blood suckers on me at one time.It took my mom and uncle untill sometime the next day to get them off. I would get in the hot bath and it would take alot off but there was way to many. The rest had to be picked off. I looked like I had measles or something so hot water will take some off.

JJE007 5 years, 10 months ago

despise ticks:but::that tick deserves its revenge:and we::.deserve to die::::but::.then again:so do ticks::so:..I guess:we'll just see what happens:..won't we:Kill Bill II referenceWith regard to niles' complaint...WHAT...EVERRRR. Nice expression of ignorance! What is your plan, niles? The problem with deer overpopulation rests squarely with landOWNers, including cities, etc. Are you capable of determining proper deer populations for a given area? Great! Do it and convince others of the wisdom of your view! Kansas Wildlife and Parks should be contacted and informed by your ignorance or knowledge. You seem to decry the overpopulation of deer. Do you KILL deer? What are you after?I certainly see that you have ideas about, and hatred of, "rednecks". Am I wrong? What are you on about? What do you want to HAPpen?

niles 5 years, 10 months ago

i forget, why do we have laws protecting white-tailed deer such that populations are maintained at 100x + natural levels? For the redneck hunters perhaps? Intellectual enviro-midgets?

road_Runner 5 years, 10 months ago

I absolutely hate ticks. HATE 'em with a passion. They just totally creep me out, especially when they latch onto you...Eww!!!Too bad there isn't a flea/tick medication for humans, especially since it seems there are alot more of them this year.

00 5 years, 10 months ago

It seems like almost every spring and summer southeastern Kansas and much of southern Missouri is loaded with ticks....they are everywhere! And I mean everywhere! Yikes!

niles 5 years, 10 months ago

If you see a deer, kill it. They are essential to the spread of lyme disease.

Jonathan Kealing 5 years, 10 months ago

Coolmarv,Yes, it was an advertisement.Jonathan KealingOnline editor

coolmarv 5 years, 10 months ago

What was this that was removed? Was it some sort of advertisement? User only has one entry.PermalinkWTS_Tick_Key (Anonymous) says: This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

vpete69 5 years, 10 months ago

Ticks dont bother me. After years and years of turkey hunting, I have, in a way, established a close kinship with them. What I can't handle is cockroaches.

olmsted78 5 years, 10 months ago

just got swarmed by them in the ozarks last weekend...we tried to backpack camp for one night and were driven out of the woods within 4 hours by 50 mph gusts and ticks about every 10 seconds. Just found one on me yesterday, blood filled....i have a new found hatred/respect for these resilient creatures. The little fockers have consumed my mind for better part of a week now....every itch a possible threat. Now, of course, i got bigger worry. Keeping an eye out for any worsening symptoms....Hoping they have not been tracked into my house thru gear and/or clothes, etc. ticks frickin suck! ...and so do their rotten tick children!

stashu 5 years, 10 months ago

The Tick Key is awesome! I have used it and it worked great! What's cool is it can be put right on my dog's collar and I keep one in my wallet so I can always find it! Great product. I give the Tick Key Two Thumbs Up!

WTS_Tick_Key 5 years, 10 months ago

coolmarv 5 years, 10 months ago

You notice I did'nt say the really 'tick' me off. Oops, I just did.

coolmarv 5 years, 10 months ago

I'm not usually squeamish about bugs and such but ticks just creep me out. They really get under my skin.

BigPrune 5 years, 10 months ago

If you see what appears to be a crawling lima bean, chances are it is a tick filled with blood.