Hidden Heat: Concealed carry in Kansas

· June 8, 2008 · Post a comment

In summer 2007, reporter Chad Lawhorn embarked on a project to document the process of receiving a concealed carry permit in Kansas. Follow Lawhorn as he goes through the steps - from buying a gun to carrying it on the streets - and learn more about some of the people and places he encountered along the way

Comments

eotw33 7 years, 2 months ago

Dumbest thing I've seen in a while from the ljworld. I hope our super high sunflower bills don't pay for this crap, we all know the steps

MandM 7 years, 2 months ago

Good grief. How many stories do you have to do on the same subject?

Matthew Fowler 7 years, 2 months ago

If you are not in law enforcement or the armed forces and you carry a gun, then you are a paranoid wimp.end of story.

james bush 7 years, 2 months ago

These stories are noteworthy and informative. Thanks Chad.

vpete69 7 years, 2 months ago

The .22 has been used in more assassinations worldwide than any other caliber.

MandM 7 years, 2 months ago

These stories "can" be informative if everything is researched correctly and presented fairly. Unfortunately, in my humble opinion both as a reader and a former News Director. This has really been over kill (sorry no pun intended) on the part of the LJW. The paper clearly has an agenda beyond educating and informing the public. Too much "opinion" has been added which harms the journalistic value of the stories.

vpete69 7 years, 2 months ago

mfowler: If you think your emotions are going to protect you or your family from a life threatening situation, you live in a fantasy world. Stop reading so much Harry Potter.Would you still have the same view on CC if your daughter's name was Kelsey Smith?

ilikestuff 7 years, 2 months ago

Matt,Your comment couldn't help but make me think of "The Motor City Madman". Enjoy!http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/sunrize/

HootyWho 7 years, 1 month ago

don't like guns,,,don't own one, never willdon't know why folks feel the need to carry, but i will say this,my son in law has to make after hour calls in his business, and he does carry,

beatrice 7 years, 1 month ago

Here is how some of the comments will go:guns = safety = tools = men's privates = name calling in general;We will hear from Robert Marble soon, and he will call those opposed to guns "bedwetting liberals;"I'll say I don't own and don't want to own a gun, but support others' right to own, and that I support the concept of training for all;Marion will misread my comments and call me bad names;"Guns don't kill people ... but they help;" etc., etc."Nazis ... Australia ... statistics and murder rates ... Obama will take your guns ... McCain will pander to NRA lobbyists;" etc., etc.,And it won't make one bit of difference. Somebody shot the horse. It is dead. Next.