Wesley Dotson (Sports intern)
Wesley is a sports intern for the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Victoria Mosakowski posts shutout in LHS girls soccer’s tie with Pembroke Hill
- April 23, 2018
- Several shots found their way near Lawrence High senior goalkeeper Victoria Mosakowski as she stood her ground in front of the net, but she answered every time.
- LHS baseball falls short in extras to Blue Valley
- April 21, 2018
- The Lawrence High baseball team ultimately came up short in its final game of the River City Baseball Festival on Saturday against Blue Valley, but LHS coach Brad Stoll admired the way his team competed.
- Firebirds claim second in singles and doubles at LHS Invitational; Lions finish in fourth
- April 20, 2018
- Free State tennis juniors Sawyer Nickel and Davis Steadman knew they had their hands full heading into their respective singles title games on Friday at the LHS Invitational.
- Morgan Leslie’s shutout, offensive barrage lead Free State softball to win over SMW
- April 17, 2018
- Free State softball coach Lee Ice did his best to keep his players focused before the game even started.
- LHS baseball cruises past Leavenworth behind Ian Henricks’ complete game
- April 12, 2018
- From the first pitch on, Ian Henricks’ pace on the mound was noticeably quick for the Lawrence High baseball team. In fact, the senior starter got into such a groove that he often spent time waiting for Leavenworth’s batters to step back into the box. Henricks wanted to keep firing.
- KU baseball salvages series with 17-3 rout over No. 5 Texas Tech
- April 8, 2018
- Despite the conditions, and an official 31-degree game-time temperature, KU salvaged the series behind 11 hits, 12 drawn walks and a strong outing from starter Ryan Zeferjahn.
- KU baseball pitching staff unable to slow down No. 5 Texas Tech in loss
- April 6, 2018
- Kansas baseball coach Ritch Price knew his team was going to have its hands full this weekend against No. 5 Texas Tech.
- Late rally dooms LHS softball in loss to Olathe East
- April 5, 2018
- Zoe Brewer did her best to fight back the tears, but the Lawrence High softball senior starter couldn’t help but feel the pain of a late-inning comeback by Olathe East on Thursday at LHS.
- LHS girls soccer unable to capitalize on scoring chances in double-overtime loss to Seaman
- March 30, 2018
- The offensive opportunities were there for the Lawrence High girls soccer team, but the Lions were never able to capitalize.