Tom Keegan (Sports editor)
Tom Keegan, sports editor/columnist/Spodcaster/panelist for "The Drive" television show for the World Company, has a diverse media background as a baseball writer, author, and sports talk radio host.
A 1981 graduate of Marquette University, Keegan has written for the Orange County Register, National Sports Daily, Daily Southtown, Baltimore Sun and New York Post. Keegan also was co-host of an afternoon drive-time radio show on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York.
Keegan has written three baseball books: He co-authored "Sleeper Cars and Flannel Uniforms," the autobiography of late K-State great Elden Auker; authored "Ernie Harwell: My 60 Years in Baseball," an authorized biography of the Detroit Tigers Hall of Fame broadcaster; authored "The First Baseman," a look at the nuances of the position through interviews with several major league first basemen, past and present. During his career, Keegan has interviewed, among others, Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Jim Brown, John Hadl, Michael Jordan, Sandy Koufax, Tommy Lasorda, Willie Mays, Liza Minelli, Denny McLain (in prison), Terrell Owens, Cal Ripken, Jim Ryun, Wes Santee, Gale Sayers, Mike Tyson and Dwyane Wade. Keegan was named Marquette University 2005 Communicator of the Year at the Alumni Association Awards. He earned a second-place finish in the Associated Press Sports Editors contest, breaking news category, in 2006.
- Kansas sweeps West Virginia in volleyball
- October 20, 2016
- Kansas, ranked No. 6 in the nation, ran its streak of consecutive sweeps to four matches.
- Tom Keegan: Career statistical quarterback comparison at Kansas virtual dead heat
- October 19, 2016
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy must prepare for both Ryan Willis and Montell Cozart this week. Statistically, neither one has emerged as more deserving than the other.
- Tyriek Starks running scout team for now and running it well
- October 18, 2016
- Red-shirt freshman Tyriek Starks, a dual-threat quarterback from New Orleans, will compete for starting QB job during spring football.
- Tom Keegan: Joel Embiid back on his feet and looking elite
- October 17, 2016
- Sidelined two seasons by a stress fracture of the right foot, former Kansas center Joel Embiid is coming off of a 20-minute, 15-point effort for the Philadelphia 76ers against the Detroit Pistons.
- Tom Keegan: Oh, snap! He snapped it already!
- October 15, 2016
- Every laughable performance deserves a punch line and Kansas center Joe Gibson unwittingly supplied one Saturday in Baylor’s merciful 49-7 execution of the Jayhawks at McLane Stadium. By Tom Keegan
- Tom Keegan: Big, fast Bears like to run, run, run
- October 14, 2016
- The Baylor Bears score most of their touchdowns through the air but do most of their damage on the ground. It’s as a tough a matchup for Kansas as there is on the schedule.
- Tom Keegan: KU boasts blend of youth, experience
- October 13, 2016
- Unlike in professional sports, in college the general manager of a program never needs to worry about the coach back-stabbing him by blaming him for roster shortcomings.
- Tom Keegan: Kansas volleyball throws block party, sweeps Kansas State
- October 13, 2016
- Kansas volleyball followed the scouting report, which led to early blocks and ultimately a sweep of Kansas State. Kansas has is 8-1 in its last nine matches against Kansas State.
- Tom Keegan: Kansas defensive end Cameron Rosser far from football impostor now
- October 11, 2016
- Kansas senior defensive end Cameron Rosser never played high school football and has learned the sport so well that he’s a key member of Clint Bowen’s defense. By Tom Keegan
- Tom Keegan: David Jaynes living proof that Kansas can beat the best in football recruiting
- October 10, 2016
- David Jaynes, an All-American quarterback for Kansas in 1973, originally committed to Bear Bryant and the Alabama Crimson Tide. He remains bullish on KU’s ability to win similar recruiting battles.