Shane Jackson (Sports intern)
Shane is a sports intern for the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Drum scores another hat trick, Lions crush SMN
- May 9, 2017
- For the second time in as many nights, Lawrence High senior Skylar Drum recorded a hat trick.
- Lions bounce back with doubleheader wins
- May 4, 2017
- The Lawrence High softball team hadn’t been in the win column much over the last month of the season. Which is why, LHS coach Nicole Riley was almost in disbelief when she found herself frustrated following a 6-2 victory over Shawnee Mission East.
- Firebirds disappointed in 2-1 loss to SME
- May 2, 2017
- Free State girls soccer coach Kelly Barah is planning on throwing the game tape out and never thinking about Tuesday night again.
- FSHS girls swimming edges LHS at quad
- April 27, 2017
- Most of the year, the Lawrence High swim team has been so close, only to fall just short of Free State on the final scoreboard.
- Lions end losing streak with nearly flawless win, 7-5, over SM West
- April 25, 2017
- After dropping three games in as many days over the weekend, Lawrence High baseball coach Brad Stoll was relieved to be back on the winning side Tuesday.
- Kansas softball packs punch, 13-5
- April 23, 2017
- The moment the ball cleared the left field fence, Kansas softball coach Megan Smith told her team that everything was going to be just fine.
- One-time dancing sensation Tyrone Miller Jr. now flipping hips as safety
- April 23, 2017
- Tyrone Miller Jr. maintains that it was an easy decision, and one he certainly doesn’t regret. During the summer before his senior year of high school, Miller had to choose between football and dancing. For the previous five years, he had managed to balance both. By Shane Jackson
- FSHS soccer romps, 7-0
- April 19, 2017
- As the ball soared through the air, Free State sophomore Emma Yackley thought of all the reasons that it wouldn’t land in the back of the net.
- Lions show improvement in 6-2 win over O-East
- April 18, 2017
- Lawrence High baseball coach Brad Stoll tries not to pay attention to his team’s record too much. He is more concerned with seeing improvement through each game.